Dillon, MT
The University of Montana-Western

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Montana-Western

Madison

The University of Montana Western's block scheduling sets it apart from other universities. Each class lasts three and a half weeks (18 class meetings - 3 hours long), and then students get a three day weekend before moving on to the next class. This schedule keeps students on track, as well as enables them to delve deep into each subject without the distractions of other classes. Additionally, Montana Western is located in Dillon, MT, a small town in southwestern Montana: the perfect location for those who enjoy quick access to the outdoors. The education at Montana Western is second to none as professors truly care about their students, and the small class sizes allow students to get to know each other. Nothing beats walking around a campus and seeing friendly, familiar faces.

Amber

I have heard nothing but good about this school, and while I'm attending this fall I have visited. In comparison to other schools I've worked with, this one is the best. The staff is incredible and so helpful, and I think that is a vital key to keep everyone wanting to get educated. The bigger schools might not have enough resources to do so, and I cannot wait to show up, I'm not worried I'll be a nuisance asking for help!

Julianna

The University of Montana- Western is located in a small town called Dillon. Everyone at western is family and we all support each other. Your professors are always available and class sizes cap out at about 25, so you have the opportunity to understand what you are learning and ask questions.

Kaylee

Montana Western has a block schedule for classes so that you only end up taking one class for 3 1/2 weeks. I believe this helps students really focus on one subject at a time and not feeling too over stressed. The food here could definitely be better, I never find myself full after going to lunch or dinner. I like it here but like any other school it could be better.

Erin

It was the best four years of my life, but the education itself was nothing to write home about. Western doesn't offer very many majors, so it is very inhibiting to those who don't know what they want to do. The block system is great for education and business classes, but that's about it. Overall, I loved it but probably wouldn't recommend it to most incoming students.

Kiarra

I love the block schedule and the teachers are all fantastic. I have learned a lot from this school and the campus is perfect size and the city is easy to navigate around. Although getting into some classes are a little hard sometimes, but usually you can get in the classes that are in your degree.

Sheila

I think that University of Montana-Western is an awesome school and there is always someone to answer your questions whenever you have any. I just started this semester and I feel this will be the best college I have experienced. I plan to graduate from this university.

Kaelyn

My classmates are nice, but not very motivated or ambitious.

My classmates are nice, but not very motivated or ambitious.

I would tell myself to go ahead and apply for BYU. I would not let family members or others sway my decision or go to a "normal" college for a "normal" college experience, because I am not enjoying the so-called normal college experience. It would be much easier going to a school where I know someone, to have support, especially since I struggle so much with leaving my family.

The students are not very professional or ambitious, therefore activities such as drinking and partying are popular and disruptive to the learning environment.

Danielle

My classmates were racially diverse, motivated, and created a tight bond with-in the business department.

"Danielle, I know you are a high school senior and the LAST thing you want to do right now is apply for scholarships, but believe me, it is important! Do it now. This is the time where the most scholarship opportunites are available, you will never have an opportunity like this again. Trying to qualify for scholarships while you are in college or trying to get back into college are way, way tougher then they are right now. You worked so hard to build community service hours, keep a high GPA, be involved in your school, don't let that all go to waste! Apply for scholarships to lessen your debt load, because believe me, student loans are expensive. That little thing called interest? Yeah, it's really important, and expensive. You might think that student loans are an easy way out, but in the long run you end up paying way more for school then you needed to in the first place. Take advantage of the wonderful scholarship opportunites that are out there right now! You won't regret it, I promise."

The University of Montana-Western is a very small university, with approximately 2500 students. Because of the small school size, class sizes were kept to usually under 20 students. This allowed for one-on-one time with the professor and gave the student ample opportunities to learn, ask questions, and fully understand what was being taught. It was not uncommon to have your professor know your name, where you were from, and what your major was. I witnessed that this type of intimate learning environment was extremely successful in helping students achieve their academic goals.

alysea

This school is best known for The Block schedule that is called Experience one. It is called that because you are only taking one class at a time. It is also known for being really involved with all the students. Most people say that Dillon is boring, the campus tries to get all the students involved on some sort of level.

If I could go back to High School I would tell my self to stay focused and fill out more scholarships as a senior. Also I play basketball for Western and I wished I would have worked on my game a lot more, so I could be a lot more confident in the sport I am playing. Staying organized would be another thing I wish I was able to do. Staying organized is a big thing in college, because there is a way to procrastinate and then fall behind. College proffesors really dont care if you show up to class, but being responisble and organized is the right thing to do in order to maintain a high GPA.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the type that really doesnt like school. The reason for this is becasue Western runs off the block schedule called experience one. You take one class for 3 hours a day, 18 days straight. That is called block one and you receive four credits for that block. in a semester you have four block which adds up to 16 credits in just one semester. This schedule allows you to only have to worry about one class at a time.

The University of Montana-Western administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.