The University of Tampa

« See more reviews of The University of Tampa

The student body is very diverse. Like I said, many international students, many attractive northeasterners, and many nice Floridians that wanted to come to a private university. Although the student body has a lot of outgoing, timid, good-looking, geeks, jocks, we all chose Tampa which unifies everyone. Sometimes it can feel like you're in high school at Tampa, it can be really dramatic. I think it would be hard to be a really academically-driven person who does not go out at all to come to our school. I'd say a good fit would be if you are social, love to do things, be entertained and experience life. For the most part, students that graduate from Tampa will get a good job because we have a level of expectations.

Majority are from the Northeast region of the U.S. Most of my class mates seem to come form familys with money or are only children. They tend to go to the school because its close to Ybor City and they can go party. But then there is the other end of the spectrum where they actually care about academic and about their own personal success. These are the people that you would most likely find on a sports team or in an on campus organization.

The student body is very diverse. Students from all over the country and the world attend each year. All different types of backgrounds, lifestyles, and personalities. It really is great, sort of a perfect petri-dish for growing college students. There are people voicing their opinions and stands all the time. I have never felt uncomfortable talking about what I believe it.

My classmates are not very focused on school. Most people care a lot about going out and partying and do not care enough about doing well in school. My school is not very diversed, most of my classmates are white and we have a bunch of international students as well.

If I were to choose one word I'd say "solidarity" is what comes to mind. There is a strong sense of belonging and team spirit. My classmates help out in class as well as in difficult social situations. Especially the international crowd have strong links.

UT is the perfect place for everyone, we all seem to fit in just fine. The student body is very diverse and integrated and in the caf (cafeteria) you will always hear people having a good time and just kidding with one another.

My classmates here often don't take class seriously because many of them come from extremely wealthy families where money is not of concern and plan to work at the companies where their parents are currently employed.

Positive, Itellegent, Middle class, Willing to help people, Focused on achieving a good job after college, has a good control on time managment, comes from many different backgrounds and cultures, enjoys life.

Mostly white, upper-middle class, privileged students who are usually living off of their parents' money and only attending the University because of the weather as most students are from the Northeast US.

My classmates are talkative before, during, and after class because the University has a small number of students so everyone is quite friendly around campus.