The University of Tampa

« See more reviews of The University of Tampa

With the enrollment statistics soon to breach the 50,000 mark, the University of Central Florida is a leading contender within the state of Florida to capture and maximize the diversity of its student body. Diversity and nourishing an environment for global understanding is what demands national attention and establishes the UCF as a leader in academic development. The Spanish M.A. is only available in four other universities in Florida, and the professors/coursework at UCF are very much treasured assets to the university and to the students that have the privelage of being a part of the program.

The University of Tampa is a beautiful school centrally located in the heart of Florida, and two blocks away from downtown Tampa. The location of the University of Tampa gives students access to all of Florida's main attractions and beaches, such as Disney World, Busch Gardens, Clearwater Beach, and Siesta Key Beach. In addition to the campus's central location, it has a unique history that attracts many tourists and historians. The University of Tampa was once the Tampa Bay Hotel, and housed many famous and influential people such as President Teddy Roosevelt and his Rough Riders.

The first thing my parents and I noticed was the responsibility the school and faculty took in helping and making sure Freshman got acclaimated to living away from home, adjusting to a new school, and becoming a responsible adult. They provided a course to help with those areas. I also like the fact that you had access at all times to help if you needed tutoring in your studies. This school gives you the feeling that you belong to a family with great professors and academic programs second to none.

Compared to the other schools I considered attending, the University of Tampa is unique in the relationship its professors form with their students. The class sizes are all fairly small, and each professor that i have encountered seems to have a true interest in each of their students. Personal help and tutoring is available to all students, and meetings are held with failing students halfway throughout the semester in order to offer the best educational experience possible.

MCAD is located in a beautiful part of the country and a hotspot for art-related careers. The campus is small but peaceful, and the student community is lively. The curriculum gives you an opportunity to focus on what you want, but allows you to explore other fields. It has a great 3D studio, and plenty of studio space for students. Internships are required, giving you a realistic perspective on the job opportunities you'll get once you leave school.

It is a private university with a typically small class size. The student-teacher ratio is somewhere around 1:7. This provides an atmosphere where students and professors can really get to know eachother and share their interests. It also provides a close-knit community for students, especially students studying in the same fields. Although the business school is a major focus, the liberal arts courses are also pretty good.

The weather here is definitely unique to only Florida, it keeps me happy and productive. This school has people thate are welcoming and friendly. I feel more comfortable on this campus and it is in the great location of downtown Tampa. It is a very historical school and does not have a football team, which keeps the school small.

For me it was the Small Theater program that felt like a family. The campus is beautiful and full of old and new buildings - part of a time gone by but still wanting to be looked after by the upcoming youth of today. I passed by this campus my whole life and wanted to be a part of it's history.

The small school gives students the opportunity to feel like a family. I walk to class and I see several people I know. I like knowing that no matter what class I am in either a friend of mine or a friend of a friend is in my class. It seems like a family or at least a tight knit community.

This University offers the major I am interested in pursuing. The campus is small, yet located within a city in a safe neighborhood. The class size is small to where I do not feel lost within the crowd. Also the location is desirable for the career I wish to pursue in Marine Biology.