The University of Tampa

« See more reviews of The University of Tampa

At the University of Tampa there is a place for everyone to fit in. There are so many different types of people who attend this school and everyones interests seem to be supported by the community and the university. People who are religious have their own chapel to go to, there are pagents, hundreds of different clubs. Some clubs include photography, psychology research, greek life, and some that even teach about different religious practices. Students are allowed to start their own clubs, so if there isnt a club available, there is always an option to start what youre interested in!

The University of Tampa is full of students who are interested in engaging with others and their community. We are all free spirited but are always interested in giving a helping hand. There are many volunteer programs throughout the university and other ways to become involved. A person who is planning to play football in college should not attend this school because of the lack of a football team, but if you have passion for the game of football the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are less than 10 minutes away and we are always able to get cheap tickets!

Anyone who can't handle themselves and control their school work and partying. There are a lot of fun things to do in Tampa and at the school. It is important to be able to keep a balance so that you do not go down a bad path freshmen year. It is very easy to get caught up with other things and let your grades slip. To be succesful at Tampa you have to be mature, responsible, and organized or you will most likely do very poorly and be unhappy at the end of the year with your academic performance.

If you are looking into colleges and want to have that big school and lots of school spirit feel, do not come to UT. UT is a small, private university that strives on it's small and intimate classroom experience. UT is there to help students who want to learn with 10 other students in the classroom and have a lot of one on one time with their professor. UT does not have a football team and therefore lacks some school spirit. They do though, strive in academics as a lot is placed on them.

A person expecting a multicultural and diverse college experience. Most students envision college as a place where they will grow and be exposed to people from all walks of life. The University of Tampa isn't ethnically diverse at all and there are few opportunities for minority students on campus as far as interesting extra activities. This school seems to cater to it's majority, which is wealthy, non-minority students.

A person that does not enjoy the sunshine or heat and humidity of Florida should not attend this school. Someone that does not like a small campus or a small classroom should not attend here. Someone that does not like friendly people or engaging professors should not attend this school. Also a person that does not like to take advantage of extra curriculars or resources that could aid in finding a job after graduation.

Students who are not prepared to work hard and study in order to earn good grades should not attend this school. The school is adament in reinforcing its policies on plagerism, cheating, and dishonesty. The professors are often tough, but fair. Students who generally did well in highschool and feel ready to pursue a career should go here. If you have direction and focus you can really succeed at this school.

The only kind of person I can think of that should not attend the University of Tampa would be someone who does not enjoy warm weather. The University of Tampa is great in all areas including financial aid awards, housing, and free tutoring for students. This school would be great for anyone, unless you don't like the area, living downtown in the city, or in warm weather year round.

The only people who shouldn't attend this school are those not willing to put in the effort to succeed on their own. Students must be self motivated to complete their projects and homework. There is no hand-holding at this university but there is plenty of aid for those who request it. Students must be able to use computers and put in the time in the labs if necessary.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school is the type that hated the movie Mean Girls. I love this school, but it reminds me so much of the high school; especially with the separation of jocks vs. the geeks. It's where sun tan lotion meets a calculator. If you can't handle that, this school isn't for you.