The University of Tampa Top Questions

-Be conscious what you spend your money on -It is better to miss one weekend of the social life than to miss that 'A' on an exam or assignment -Bring less and wait and see what you actually need for your dorm and lifestyle -Don't loose connection with your hometown friends -If you don't like your teacher, switch professors before it is too late -Apply for scholarships -Apply for a job ASAP -When you need help, see a tutor or the professor before getting stuck behind

As a high school student, school came to me very easy. I never studied, and I always got good grades. I was a procrastinator and those habits came with me to college because I didnt know any better. I was in for a rude awakening because my first semester of college didnt seem like it was that hard until I let homework pile up and not prioritize my tests. I soon realized after learning the hard way that tests needed to be studied for and that homework needed to be done prior to the night before it was due. If I could go back in time to myself as a high school senior not only would I stress the importance of not procrastinating or studying but I would also make sure that I applied to scholarships. As a freshman student I am already in so much debt and that may jeopardize my future. Clearly it is impossible to go back in time, so since I cannot try to re-teach myself these tips, I will make sure I tell my younger siblings and family members how importance it is to prioritize school and money before friends and parties.

I think going back in time and talk to myself as a high senior would something admirable. I would give myself so many advices. one advice i would give myself would that your about to enter a new atmosphere and that you need to be prepare for it. another advide would be, your going to see a lot of stuff you don't normally see in high school. you may even try or experience things you havent yet. work and study hard would be the biggest advice i could give myself. your going to college to study and to get a degree on what you decided to major in. always do your best, your homework and especially try to get involve as much as you can with the school like a sport, a club or a sorority/fraternity or even the ROTC program. i would also say to myself that going to college is a one time life experience and you need to take advantage of it because after you graduate your not gonna be able to go back.

The only thing I would tell myself is to be more confident in who I was becoming. Senior year, I was realizing how much I loved directing and being in our video announcements along with more baseline information about who I am. I was, however, lacking confidence in my abilities to be great and to do well. My favorite quote says "Our depest fear is not that we are inadequate, Our depest fear is that we are powerful...". I wish I would have believed that and known I was doing just fine.

I would tell myself to take the college search more seriously. Any college will be fine if you make it that way. Do not focus on the money part of college because there are tons of scholarships you can apply for. Also, focus on making friends freshman year rather than worrying about classes or money issues. Make sure you choose your college for the right reason because the cheapest option is not always the best option. Also, location should be a major factor because it can make all the difference living in a boring place versus a city. When you are a freshman make sure you look at every option for your major because you only have a year later until your education is set in place. Do not be close-minded whatsoever because college is such an incredibly different experience than anyone can tell you.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell her to be prepared for a tough but doable transition. Things get better in college from high school even though the work load becomes more intense. I know that my high school self was a hard worker and my college self is just as much, if not more, so I know that she would want to be more prepared if she knew what to expect. Finding a balance between having an excellent academic career and a suitable social life is crucial. There will be times she has to say no to going out but know that it will pay off in the future and she will thank herself for saying no in the past. College is a great experience, but work must be put in in order to succeed and surpass your expectations.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that life gets better after high school. There's so many things to explore, so don't be afraid to seize the day. Surely, I'll end up making a mistake or two but that's okay. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks because everyone is literally trying to figure it all out as well. We're all in this together. You may change your major several times. You will meet new people. You will make new enemies. Many new things are about to happen to you, so seize each moments. Don't chicken out just because someone is going to judge you. What matters most is how you view yourself. Just be yourself. Be you.

This question is simple for me. Looking back, I would tell myself to work harder at baseball to achieve my goal of recieving a sports scholarship that would make it easier for me to pay for school. I would probably tell myself to work multiple jobs in the summer to help pay for tuition and expenses in college. In school, I always worked my tail off so I would tell myself to make sure I stay on top of academics. I also would tell myself to apply for all and any scholarships avalible for school.

Tim

Strive for a 4.0 and be proud of that and people will be too. Everything else will come. Being involved with other things is fine but your work must come first. Study hard even though you may not know how, because it's more difficult than you think. Trust me. Do everything as early as possible because things happen. If attendance counts, dont skip class. If you get lower than an 80 on an exam, dont skip class. You will regret it. The friends you make may be with you after school, but that just means you will be able to see them later. Do Your Work! Dont get sidetracked and i know how difficult that is. Excersize is also good to help keep things balanced but be consistent. Dont throw any papers away until you pass the class. You never know what you might need.

Luther

If i could go back in time and talk to my high school self i would tell him that in college you have to learn to manage your time; unlike high school you get a lot of free time so use it wisely and plan out your days. Another thing i would tell myself is that you have to join organizations and be active. Hanging out in your dorm room all day is not going to make you any friends. College is different than high school: people are not forced to hang out with you so instead of being shy throw yourself out there, be social and start making some friends! In high school some people hold off studying or don't study at all. I sure know I was one of those people. In high school the work may be easier but in college it is beneficial to learn how to study. In college exams are way harder and I found that I went from no hours of studying to sometimes mulitple hours a day just trying to understand the material. If i had to sum this up into two words, I would say "be proactive."

As a senior, I chose to attend a large, state school so I could be with my friends. After attending that university for two semesters I decided to transfer to a small, private university because that was better suited for my needs. Now, after attending this university for a year I can say I am very glad I transfered. The advice I would give is follow your dreams and attend a school that fits you not what fits you and your friends. Everyone wants something different from their college experience. I wanted to learn as much as I could about film in a small environment with 10 students in a class, while my friends wanted to attend football games and lectures with 300 people. College is where you find yourself and what college you choose will affect your life now and in the future wether you realize it or not. After college, you are forced into the "real" world and are expected to use what you learned during your four years and if you just messed around that is going to come back at you. Follow your heart and everything else will fall right into place.

College is a huge life-changing milestone and achievement and transitioning can be quite hectic. Transitioning from a high school senior to a college student was a difficult process for me mentally because I was now stepping into what most people call it “The Real World”. I was no longer a teenager only concerned with graduation and prom, but I was now dealing with long nights of studying and research papers. Being a college student now, I would go back and tell myself as high school senior to enjoy the little breaks and moments of freedom. Also, make time for yourself because as college student you will be limited to the time you have to enjoy watching thirty minutes of television or going out to see a movie with a friend on the weekend after studying all day long. I would tell myself to continue to be organized and develop a time management technique because time seems to run away from you as a college student. Having a good group of people to study and hang out with who are trying to succeed like you is also another tip of advice I would give myself as a high school senior.

Tandis

One thing that I am always doing throughout life is rushing it. In terms of coursework, assignements, relationships, etc. In high school I was trying to grow up too fast and I wasn't taking things as seriously as I am now. My dad passed away in the beginning of my freshman year and I guess that caused me to not do that well in high school and that has impacted a lot of things for me in my life. Fortunanately I have been able to reevaluate my life and take college seriously. I regret not making more friends in high school or getting to know everybody better and I regret being too oversensitive over trivial things. Knowing what I know now, I would basically tell myself to just let it go and to reassure myself that whatever happens, that it's not gonna matter in a couple years and to just make sure I'm enjoying every second instead of rushing to get out of there and overall education is the most important thing instead of trying to be friends with the most popular girl in school or making sure I'm being cool and not dorky.

I would tell myself to stay focused on the real reason that I attended school in the first place. Partying and drinking is cool but it does not take presidence over your main reason for attending which is to get a great education. Study hard now so that in four years from now you can party even harder!

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self i would inform myself of the saltmoney.org website. I would inform myself of keeping better track of my finances and to not spend so much on fitting in with the crowds, but on making sure I can finish school and afford life. It's not the same as livinig under your parents roof as it is having your own apartment. I actually have to keep up with my own bills and not live off of my parents money. I would inform myself of all the temptations in college that tempt you to spend all your money, but to keep my head above the clouds and to save as much as I can. It's not about fitting in with the crowd and having the best things...it's all about making sure you get through school and pay off all your debt before it takes over your thoughts and stresses you out.

My senior year consisted on having a mentally that just helped me get through the final year. I didn't realize how many opportunies for scholarships I had as a high school senior. The University of Tampa was my dream school and one of the problems was that it was a private school. If I could've talked to myself as a high school senior I would've told myself to let go of my part time jobs and focus on getting a higher SAT/ACT score. I was one point away from recieving a 26 on the ACT and therefore I couldn't qualify for Bright Futures. Until this day, I regret not being able to get that extra point. My only goal now is to recieve more scholarships and focus on giving my absolute best in all my classes.

Apply to more scholarships and get as much of them as you can. Other than that just take things as they come.

Alberto

Start looking for schools now and picture yourself of where you want to be. Study for your SAT and ACT. Do not think that everything will out itself out. Go out and see what campus you really like and feel most at home. Think of our dreams of being someone our parents will be proud of. Show them that you are the child they always wanted you to be when we were growing up. Do not be afraid of challenging yourself to do hard work. Get better at writing and speaking skills. Do NOT start school late, go ealry and see what a change it will make. Keep working hard to improve your grades do not stop at nothing. Keep fighting for what you want.

Make a schedule for everyday. Plan out assignments and leave specific time to do them. Don't wait til the last minute to do things like you did in high school. It doesn't work. Trust me you cannot crank out an eight page paper in one night, I tried. Study, it may be hard and you might feel you dont need it but you do, it helps. Try to get home more to spend time with family. Call home more to see how everythings going. Don't get worked up over little things. If you have problems with your room-mate man up and just say something. Find time to focus on yourself and do something that makes you feel good. Don't worry about what others think of you. In a few years you may not even know them anymore. Save your money and distinguish between needs and wants. The wants will can bring your financial downfall. Set goals. It may sound dumb but it will help you find success.

Note to self: Meghan, you need to try your best and not just slide by. try as hard as you can to get staright A's and study! It's much harder in college, harder than you can imagine. No matter the class, you'll have to study hard either way. Make lifelong friends now and keep them in college. Be as smart as you could ever be. Try to be in the top 10{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of your graduating class. Trust me, it'll pay off in college. Literally pay off. You'll be granted scholarships based on your grades now and they help a whole lot!! You need to start focusing on school and not on popularity. Believe in youself and succeed.

Sabrina

Save yourself the hassel of all the stress and apply for more scholarships and grants. Coming to school with only a month before school starts to find out that you owe more money than you thought is unbelievebly stressful. Focus on college, not the social issues of your life. College is the first step to your future and dream. Don't be afraid to ask for help from others, they are there to help you. Believe that you will make it. Focus focus focus focus. Also try to avoid Salliemae at all costs; they have terrible rates, they call constantly on the day payments are due telling you you missed a payment when you paid it already, and everyone on the help line sticks to a script that doesn't help you. Be smart, don't use Salliemae, and when you are in trouble call grandma.

Dear Erin, You are entering a new chapter of life where freedom and responsibility may get overwhelming. I am here to tell you not to worry! You will get through this and you are about to make the most unforgettable memories of your life. A dorm is a perfect way to meet new people. You will want to learn to adjust certain habits to compromise and have a comfortable living environment between you and your roommate. Meals are free range at a buffet style venue. This freedom may unpleasantly introduce the “freshman fifteen.”. Ramen noodles are not your friend. Be smart when choosing what to eat throughout the day and stay active! This will keep you in shape, and relieve stress! Finding the time to study and have a social life shows the importance of time management. When getting involved with organizations remember to slow down, stay organized, and focus. When you start to feel homesick, just remember that your family is only a phone call away. Being forced to grow up, living and learning in an entirely new lifestyle. Don’t sweat the small stuff, and enjoy every minute of the next four years at college. Sincerely, Future Self

As a senior I was focused on being popular. I suppressed who I was to fit in. In a way I succeeded, I was the popular girl. If I could go back to my senior year Id tell myself that being popular doesnt matter. I laughed at kids for being individuals, while secretly I envied them. I didnt have the courage to be myself. College was the first time I was confindent enough to be myslef without fear of being judged. I'd tell my senior self that being popular in highschool, only goes as far as graduation day. In college no one cares how popular you were. I'd tell myself that starving myself to stay skinny is stupid, and drinking just cause the "popular" kids do it is even stupider. I'd tell myself that being an indiviual is so much better than following a crowd. Id tell myself that every popular kid envys the unique idividuals for having the courage to be different. I'd tell myself that no one really likes the popular kids, it's all just an act. Id tell my senior self to be herself no matter how terrifying not being popular is.

patrick

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, advice I would have for myself as a senior high school is balance is essential for success personally and academically. When I was a high school senior, my primary fear was that college was going to be all work and no fun. After my first semester and a half of over studdying and many sleepless nights, I started to reallize that my peers were earning the same grades that I was, and they still managed to have fun doing so. I eventually burnt myself out, and seeked out help from my proffessors and friends. I expressed to them my fears about not earning great grades in college, and they all gave me the same advice. They told me t

I would tell myself to not be so niave when going to college. I didn't realize how real life would get, and how demanding balancing internships, sports, clubs, jobs and school work would be. I also didn't realize how much I would actually miss going home, and seeing my parents. I would tell myself to not worry so much about fitting in, spend more time with my parents and not be so quick to jump out into the real world. Overall, I personally think that the most important advice I could give myself as a senior would be to relax, take a deep breath, and make decisions based on what you feel is right for you, not what others think is right for you.

What I would tell myself as a high school senior would be to not slack off, even when senioritis hits, do not give in. Always push yourself to try your hardest and apply to colleges early. Apply for as many scholarships as possible, even if you get one it is all worth the effort in the end. I would tell myself no matter where life leads you, do what makes you happy. Be friendly, meet at least one new person a day and get involved from day one. Join what interests you and do not follow in anyone's path, create your own. The transition to living on your own away from your family and closest friends is a big change, learn how to do laundry and save your money. Remember that when you need someone to talk to, give your parents or even your siblings a call from time to time to talk, they will appreciate hearing from you more than you know. Travel. If you are able to do study abroad or travel to a somewhere new and do community service, do it. Be nice, be aware of your surroundings and be grateful for what you have.

Dear Alyssa, Hi, it's you ... from the future. I just wanted to tell you that college is going to be great! Some good advice I can offer you is to not stress out over the workload because you are already well prepared from the education you are receiving in high school. The classroom sizes are small enough to provide you with a great learning environment. The teachers will give you their undivided attention to make sure you understand the material if you are struggling with a certain subject. There are many clubs and organzations to join on campus where you can make new friends. Getting involved at school is not only fun but it is a great way to continue to develop your resume with extra-curricular activities. The most important advice that I can give you is to be yourself and be confident about it. Some people will like you and others may not, but if you stay true to who you are in your morals and values then you are one step ahead of everyone else. Mainly, continue to put your trust in the Lord and He will guide you through each and every day.

Elena

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to focus more on my biology class and procrastinate less. I did well in all of my classes except that one class, which effected my GPA negatively. Just a couple nights of slacking off and not studying can affect me in the long run when applying for financial aid. I would also tell myself to just start my homework when I had the time instead of sitting and watching Netflix and cramming the night before. Another important thing I would tell myself is to apply early to the schools I wanted to get into, instead of waiting a week before the application deadline. One last thing I would tell myself would be that the decisions I make this year will change my path for the next couple years of my life.

September

If I could give my high school senior version of myself some advice, I would say, "Hold on". I pursued an undergraduate degree; I nurtured my curiousity, I placed mental walls on what I should do, what I can do, and what I would not do- and I broke some down. I made my friends and family proud, and only occasionally disappointed others or myself. I grew up and older. Before I had an inkling of all these things, all of the future selves that were possible seem to have been there all along, but ill defined until they were lived and discovered. With each accomplishment I knew that I had worked hard and "held on". I traveled through Europe , overseas to tropical destinations, through my homeland of the United States; I succeeded and failed at attempts to pass classes; I met, loved and lost friends. In losing, I drew strength from the truth that time is needed: "hold on". When I did succeed: pushed myself to learn and experience the world, my classes, and find myself; I celebrated that I had successfully "held on". The future has innumerable possibilities: work for what you want and 'hold on' to it.

Enjoy your home cooked meals ( I'm serious! there is nothing better than mom's cooking!) On a more serious note, take that AP class! I was sometimes scared of taking many AP classes, but to be honest, making a big effort in high school will pay off in college. You will start with interesting classes right of the bat because you will be able to skip the general classes when you get the AP credits transfered. Also, always stick to what you believe is right. Hang out with the people you feel comfortable with and that you know will make lasting friendships. When it comes to teachers, I wish I would have told my professors when I needed more information on a certain topic. If you feel your teacher should make his classes more interesting so that students learn more, let him/her know! I am sure they will appreciate your input. Instead of letting classes go by, make them count! make your education a priority, and really take care of the books they let you borrow (college texbooks are really expensive!). Good luck and make your dreams a reality :)

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, there would be many things that i would give him advice about. I would start off by telling him to do a lot better on his SAT's as well as give him more advice on how to spend his free time. For example instead of sitting on a couch and watch endless hours of tv, i would advice him to study a little harder and get work done before hand so that he doesn't have to rush his assignments the night before they are due. I would also advice him on better study methods and how to use his time wisely when there are no assignments to be done or any material to be studied. For example I would advice him on filling out scholarship applications or getting future assignments done or even to get more involved in more school events and volunteering opportunities.

I would tell myself to really pay attention to the application and process and make sure you have a good feel for the school before you commit. This includes actually visiting the schools before you make your mind up because what is portrayed on the internet is nothing like what the school is actually like.

Kassandra

As a high school senior, I had no idea what I wanted to do. In the beginning of my senior year I wanted to go to a school close by, but last minute I decided to go to a school over a thousand miles away. I did not know what I was getting myself into with this but I think I made the right decision. I wish I was able to tell myself to not slack off on my last year with grades just because I was already accepted because those grades could have helped me more than I knew then. I also wish that I took a few AP classes to boost my credits for college. When I was a high school senior, I didn't care about the AP classes, what they would help me with, or how they could give me credits. I was worried about simply passing with as little effort as possible. So AP classes were out of the question knowing how much homework I would get and the difficulty of the class. I should have learned how to manage my time better in high school that way I could have easily adjusted in college.

Elekuah

Never give up, no matter what you think is hard theres always going to be harder trials and things for you to overcome but the more things you overcome the better ability to overcome bigger obsticals you have. Never stop improving.

Jocelyn

If I could give my highschool self advice, I would tell myself the study tactics that work best for me. Going into college with this knowledge would make the first half of my first semester in college easier. I could then have better grades and a better GPA. I would also tell myself that the distance from home seems scary at first but it gets easier once you make friends.

Tykara

if i had such a chance to go back in time and give advice to my Senior self, i would tell myself the importance of applying for scholarships at a very early time. Being a college freshman and having to pay for my tuition with loans, grants, scholarships given to me by my university, and money out of my pocket, i now understand the importance of applying for scholarships. It is very important that High School students apply for as many scholarships as they can starting in their Junior Year. If someone would have shared with me the seriousness of this, I am 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} sure that all of my schooling would be paid for. But since this information passed me by, my freshman year of college is killing my pockets. I don't want other High Schoolers to have to go through what I'm going through right now. When you're enrolled in college, you should be focused on your studies and moving forward toward your short term and long term goals. But when you have to be worried about financial problems, you become distracted and it shows. That would be my advice to my High School Self.

Scarlett

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships! Every little bit helps!

Conor

"Know These Three Basic Things" If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would go buy myself a Starbucks coffee and sit myself down for a good long talk. I would tell my high school self that there are three important things to know about college life that you must know in order to have a smooth transition and succeed. First, college is all about balance and that cannot be stressed enough. Success in college relies on your ability to balance your academics, extracurriculars, and social life. Especially as a freshmen, it is very easy to get caught up in the party scene and slip on your grades. This can be a very slippery downhill slope and the best way to avoid it is to be constantly prioritizing your things and to have effective time management. Second, talk to your professors. Unlike in middle school and high school where people view it as the "teacher's pet," in college talking to your professors is a common and advantageous habit to have. Lastly, stay true to yourself. Follow your goals, aspirations, and dreams, and do not conform to other people's expectations.

samantha

I would tell myself to be patient, open minded, and ready to work because college is all about putting your head in the books all the time.

Margret

Save your money now! Scholarships will not just cut it. Especially looking into your Sophmore year, where you have basically half the funds as compared to the funds you have as a Freshman.

Elise

I'd tell myself to always remember who is always there for me through stressful situations, which would be mainly just my family. Also to always remember no matter how hard things get, to never give up. Things will not always go the way I want it to go but I can still try harder for a better outcome. I would warn myself about how much stress college causes but at the same time it's a great experience with becoming mature and learning how to live on my own. I would deffinately tell myself to make more money before college because going to a University is not cheap at all. There are way too many bills to be paid and loans that I cannot afford. I'd tell myself to be prepared with debt and to not always rely on help from family. I'd also tell myself to not be shy and step outside my comfort zone. The only way to meet friends in an unfamiliar place is to start conversations and not be afraid to express yourself in your own way. If they don't appreciate you, move forward, don't linger on those that doubt you.

Isabella

If I had somehow found myself face-to-face with my high school self I imagine I would appear out of a cloud of vapor and show myself a picture of my family during the time they still lived in Cuba. At the age of four my mother’s home was taken by Fidel Castro’s soldiers; my grandmother was forced flee Cuba in the hopes of finding a new life in America. My mother watched as my grandmother repeated her college education to become a teacher while my grandfather worked as a janitor at Scripps Clinic until a scientist taught him how to research the mitochondria within cancer cells and become a scientist himself. As a senior, I was petrified by the thought of leaving my home to attend a college across the nation. Upon beginning college I looked back at my family history and realized that if my grandmother had never left her home I would have never had the opportunity to leave mine in order to pursue my dreams. Since then I have lived my life with much more purpose. If I went back in time, I would tell myself to truly appreciate my privileged life.

I would tell myself that it's really not as easy as you think. You need to choose your friends wisely and learn to trust yourself. Try to pace yourself as the classes are not as simple as high school. Your 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} focus needs to be on your schoolwork, nothing else can help define your future. Remember that you are enrolled in college for you, not for anyone else. Don't be afraid to change your major a few times, change a few classes, explore your campus. The world is your oyster and college is a great place to begin to find yourself.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself tons of advice. The first and most important in my opinion is to follow my heart. As cliche as that is, I've had a lot of experiences this past year that have taught me that I shouldn't have other individuals lead my life. If I had just done what made me happy instead of pleasing others, I would not be as regretful of some of the decisions I've made. The second piece of advice I would give myself is to not to worry so much about what others think of me and just be myself. I was so focused on trying to be "cool" and "fun", living on campus wasn't all that fun for me; especially since I wasn't being myself. Thirdly, I would tell myself not to be afraid to ask for help. It's okay to need help sometimes. Unfourtantely time travel has yet to be invented and I can't go back in time; but knowing what I know now, I'm positive that this upcoming semester will be a lot better.

Louis

"Wait, I didn't get cast in a show?" I would tell my senior self two things. One, be prepared if things don't turn out the way you plan; and two, be ready to accept change. Coming from my high school drama department where I was always the lead, I had somewhat of a big ego. I mean, I won the award for Best Lead Comedic Actor in all of Hillsborough County. So I assumed that when I went into college things would be the same way. I was knocked off that high horse pretty quickly when I was not cast in any of the three shows I auditioned for my first year. At first I thought this was terrible, but because I didn’t do shows at school, I was able to so many awesome things outside of UT. I did a show at the Straz Center for Performing Arts and got into their conservatory’s apprenticeship program! I also got hired at Busch Gardens for two performance opportunities! So though my first semester of college didn’t turn out the way I planned, I accepted the changes and turned the situation into something positive!

Lawrence

My advice would be to be more agressive in the planning of my education in regards to the courses I take making sure I am aware and knowledgable on how the course requirements work and if I am not satisfied with how a professor teaches that I should do what I need to do to change classes.

Mirielle

The advice I would give myself is work your hardest in your senior year. Go try and apply for those scholarships, get the best grades in the class, try to get free money anywhere so you can have the well deserved time spent to get into the dream job you always wanted was to become a pharmacist. College is just like high school but harder. There are lots of essays you have to complete, deadlines you can not miss and other things you need to know. You hold the key to make brighter future. Whatever road you take will leard you to your future so choose wisely because the road i took was not the best one nor the worst one but I would want you to take the best one and making something out of yourself.

Jodi-Leigh

Being a high school student, I would advice myself not to worrying about making friends or changing who I am to fit in. There willl be people who accept you for how you are and will be willing to be your friends. No matter what happens in college your education is always your first priority. I would also advice myself to take full advantage of the school's resources in orer to make myself a well-rounded individual to allow myself to succeed in the future.

I would tell myself to continue to be myself. Do not let others pressure you into doing something that you don't want to do. Being yourself not only makes you seem like a strong independent individual, but you are also comfortable enough with yourself to not let others change you. Also, studying is important. I would tell myself to continue with the great study skills that I had in high school. I would also tell myself that it's okay to have fun. Weekends are great for having down time and going out and enjoying yourself. When it comes to a school week, stay focused and do your work, because if you don't you will have homework on the weekends, and will not get the opportunity to have fun. Take every opportunity that interests you, and keep busy because it leads to a ton of great new friendships and experiences that normally would not happen if you don't reach out to people and other groups.

Randy

Why are you freaking out so much? These people are just as lost as you are, in fact they are even more lost. If you don't know what you want to do for the rest of your life, that's okay. Stop listening to horror stories from your so called older friends, we all have different experiences at college. Take a deep breath! For god's sake, stop planning ways to meet new friends; let it happen on it's own. Enjoy the rest of your time in High School, because as much as you hated it; you will miss it. Savor those moments with your family because you are growing up. This is a new chapter in your book, so stop trying to edit the previous ones to impress. They ALL have baggage of their own, so no need to worry about yours. Oh, and bring extra socks; those tend to disappear.