The University of Tampa

« See more reviews of The University of Tampa

Location, location, location! The University of Tampa is located in the center of downtown and is thriving with performance and learning opportunities! Being a Musical Theatre major I have taken advantage of several in only my first year! I have participated in productions at The Straz Center for Performing Arts and currently participate in their Conservatory’s apprenticeship program. I have also been lucky enough to perform seasonally for Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Tampa. My part-time job at DSW and home are also very close, making its location the best thing about UT!

The University of Tampa has a beautiful campus in the heart of Tampa Bay, but is just the right size that you don't feel lost. All the proffesors actually care about their students and work hard to ensure students understand the material. The class sizes are small, with a student to teacher ratio of 15:1. You really have the opportunity to effectively learn in the best possible environment. There is such a positive energy at the university that it is near immpossible to not be successful in your collegiate career. The only negative is the price of tutition.

One of the first things that strikes you is the beautiful campus and the excellent Florida weather. However, if you delve further into the university you find much more that you can appreciate. If you like small campuses and class rooms, Tampa is just right for you. With an average of about fifteen to twenty students per classroom you can get a lot of hands on help from professors. Also, our professors are very good at their job and I have not heard a student complain over one yet. Lastly the dorm rooms for freshman are above average by far.

The University of Tampa is a smaller campus and that is very nice. The class course selections maybe small as compared to big state school but the things I have learned are phenomenal. The school caters to our major and ensures that we are prepared for the future and graduation. We are placed with advisors who care and for those who live on campus ,we are shown someone cares. There is always a helping hand at my school and there are always ways to better ourselves as students and be prepared for our future in what we love!

The best thing about the University of Tampa is the school spirit and the racial diversity. When you are in the university you are never going to feel judged. Another great thing about UT is that classroom sizes are small so the classes are not bigger than 25 students which gives you a great advantage because the professor has the time to help you in a personal basis and gets to know you. In the classroom you are you not another number. Lastly, The University of Tampa is going to prepare you for your future career.

My school offers the best of all worlds. We are right in the city of Tampa, but only fifteen minutes from the beach. Our campus is also located right on the Hillsborough River, which offers more serenity around campus. Whether you wanted a nice park to be able to study in, a city setting, a night life, or a quiet life, you will be able to find it all at UT. If a great night out consists of the aquarium, upscale shopping, clubs and bars, or a nice movie, it is all within walking distance of our campus.

The best thing about my school is: First place it is not listed is the lists of schools. (Which is really a bad thing.) I am attending Everest University in Tampa Florida. I LOVE attending there because they had exactly what I was looking for. A school I could attend online. I do not drive and it is hard to find transportation. The help they give you when needed. Getting to meet people from all over the United States. They are a great school and they have that down home college feeling.

I consider the best thing about my school is the environment, physically and mentally. Going to school in Tampa, we enjoy warm weather all year long and honestly, who can complain with that. Seeing people wearing shorts in December makes me smile every year. Mentally, since UT has only about 6,000 undergrads, it makes school more of a community and family. Yeah you walk around and recognize a lot of people, but it is still big enough where you do not feel like you know everyone.

I love the atmosphere and size of my school. It is smaller than most universities, so I have smaller classes which allows me to be more active in class discussions. My professors also have a chance to get to know me as a person and they are there to provide help for me when I need it.Morover, the close knit atmoshpere makes me feel like I am at a second home while in school. I don't get overwhelmed by the size of the campus and this has helped me adjust well to the school.

The best thing about the school is how open all the teachers and the student are. The school feels more like a community than other colleges are because the size of the school. Its big enough where there are multiple things to do but small enough that you can meet a lot of people with no problems. The teachers actually care about your eduacation, and since the size of the classes are usually small the teachers get to know you individually and are better able to help you.