Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Jakson

There is a lot of schoole pride at UTC. Lots of people go to sporting events and wear school colors around campus. There is a very active student body here so ther is always something going on somewhere. There are lots of clubs and opportunites here that offer many opportunities. It has a high class feel and people dress rather nicely.

There isn't a big problem with race here. Everyone fits in and there isn't much bullying. Students are very politically aware and news oriented. Teachers are the same way. Most students are from Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville. Most students dress nice for class and do not dicriminate about each others situations in school. Many different types of student interact with each other. Thats all you see. There is an awsome climbing wall and new gym. They are building a new library right now.

Classes are not too big or too small here. The teachers get to know your name easily and class participation is becomes better and better as you ge tin higher level classes. I am a business major and love the business deptment and building. It has a good location on campus and a cafe where you can spend your mocs bucks. It has multiple computer labs and great classrooms.

The sterotypes at UTC are fairly accurate. The greeks dress like sterotypical greeks. The jocks all wear school clothes and hangout together. The isn't that many stoners. It is mostly looked down upon here. There aren't really geeks here everyone respects people who do their work and they aren't picked on and called geeks.

Morgan

UTC is best known for the Business Program that is offers. Also, the school offers various departments, giving students many options to choose from if they attend school here. With so many various departments, this gives students the opportunity to pick a major and/or minor of so many different possibilities.

I would have pushed myself to study more than once. In college, I’ve realized that studying is an essential part of passing your classes. Studying for the class and knowing the material cannot be accomplished the night before the big test, therefore in high school I would have begun preparing for tests a lot sooner to be used to for college. Being accustomed to that would have helped me a lot in my first semester, simply because I was not used to studying more than once for a test. My college classes required you to be prepared before you came to class and this was never the case in high school. When I was a senior, I would of pushed myself to excel harder, being more prepared for school, not procrastinating, and studying way more for tests.

I wouldn’t recommend going to UTC if you are close to your family and you live more than half an hour away. I wouldn’t go here if you are into big SEC teams because the sporting events are not a big deal at UTC. The campus is directly downtown, so if you are uncomfortable with people other than staff and students being on campus, this isn’t the right school. UTC offers a lot of organizations to be involved in, but you have to make an effort to be a part of them.

Lea

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, I would say to always be myself and stand up for what I believe in, no matter what. I would say not to give in to peer pressure, and to not contradict my values and standards to "fit in". I would teach myself how to actually study, and how important it is to learn and not memorize. I would also say to try harder to find and apply for a variety of different scholarships so I would not have to get student loans. And lastly, I would say to stay single until you find a career, and have as much fun as possible with friends because this will be the best time of your life.

Courtney

Courtney M. Milligan Campus Discovery scholarship essay Don’t give up. No matter what you encounter, don’t quit. God has so many plans for your life, and you wouldn’t believe me if I told you. Your teachers will become your closest friends, and you will also meet people who are like-minded. Friends will come at you in the snap of a finger. You have such a vibrant personality, and people will flock around you without ever feeling like you have to belong. In college, the sky’s the limit. Even when the situation seems hopeless, and you haven’t been accepted anywhere and you have no financial aid, don’t give up. I know that God can take a young lady from struggling in remedial classes, to excelling, in her junior year, at the University of Tennessee Chattanooga. And it doesn’t stop there. As long as you believe in yourself, you can do anything you put your mind to. Yes you can, yes you can…and yes…I did.

The kind of person that schould attend this school, is the kind if person; like any other person or persons, who wants to be successful in life and learn the fundementals needed to succcede in the forfullness of their poitential; and be great doing it. The kind of person who says, "I believe now, more than ever that it is imperative to get and education, because without it, I will get nowhere in life". And not let anyone or anybody come in the way of them and their education.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that, it's difficult to find the right help you need; as a transfer student, to be successful. As we'll as the lack of communication in the campus as a whole; wheather it involves with the houising department or in your major department. When seeking help it sceams their is no one in particular that can assist you, without giving you the run around, as well as, the fact that their is little to no school unity; which causes a division among campus students.

Brandon

Its size and location are unique compared to other schools I considered.

Its size and location are unique compared to other schools I considered.

Know what I know now about college life and making the transition , I would advise myself as a high school senior to stay focussed on the path I want my life to take. I would say study hard and play hard too, because life has to be balanced. Never let bad influences take you over.

I brag most about what a great learning environment UTC provides. Smaller class sizes and more attentive professors.

stavros

The most important advice I could possibly give myself at that point in time is to strive for success even after high school.

The school I am planning on attending projects a great campus and includes mostly a friendly environment to learn under.

The current location of the school is quite fat from my home, so it may seem difficult for me to move into the campus.

Jonathan

A campus that is not to small or to big, with fun and loving people, always something to do, and has something for pretty much anyone.

I would say whatever u do, make sure u do as best as you can on those ACTS and your GPA, that way you have more options for scholarships and schools. Also don't let girls run your life, or you will be in some serious trouble. And lastly, try everything you can, cause you won't have a second chance.

Someone who would want to major in business or interior design. Someone who doesnt like to be in a super crowded area. Someone who wants to make friends and just wants to hangout outside.

If I could go back in time with currrent knowledge; I would definately know that I Don't Know Everything! I would slow myself down and enjoy as well as absorbe every moment. I would also transition directly for high school to college, instead of working right away. I must say though I would not change my daughters birth at age of 21, so I would have been done with college by then, yes that could have been obtainable, I held a 3.0 + GPA . Although my life has been busy working and raising my daughter, it also has been filled with joy and apreciation from hard work and perseverance. Since I am still young and egar to excell I am chosing to continue learning and climbing my ladder. Thankyou for your consideration, I look forward to hearing from you. J. Holmes

Mallory

I would advise my younger self to really put the effort into both her academic and her social life. To try new experiences and to put herself out there. College provides you with experiences and opportunities that you do not get anywhere else in your life. Take advantage of all the opportunuties. Put yourself out there and make new friends., but never forget that you are there to earn a degree. She needs to remember that natural intelligence will only get you so far and she needs to put in the effort if she is going to succeed. My biggest regrets from freshman year come mainly in the social aspect of my life. I often stayed in my room when not in class and drove home almost every weekend. I did not take advantage of the opportunities that were offered and I had very few friends . Freshman year sets you up for the rest of your college career and it is hard to overcome a bad freshman year. I would advise my younger self to put herself out there and try new things and meet new people without losing her firm grasp on her own values and morals.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.