Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

My classmates were fun, but determine to succeed and achieve goals that one may think were set too high to reach for kids starting their college career with very little supervision from their parents.

College is a challenge in itself. It shows who is ready to move on with their lives and who still has some growing up to do. I've learned that it's not easy living on your own. For the first time in your life you are able to do more on you own without the consent of your parents. You experience freedom in a whole new way. I have gained the knowledge and the strength to finally be able to say "No" a lot more than I use to. I've learned that there's a price that comes when you go out more than you should, instead of focusing on the real reason you are there; to get an education. I've seen many drown or try to keep their heads above water, but the truth is that you can't have your cake and eat it too. In other words, you expect to party all night and be successful in all your classes.

The best thing about school was being able to learn. To feel that your teacher was not going to let you fail, but that they did care about you as a person, not just another pay check provide by Mom and Dad.

Raven

It is a university with a community college student to teacher ratio. They also offer a lot of resources if you need help in any subject.

I have been able to further my education in a well environment, and been able to meet new people and make new friends. this has been valuable to me because it makes it easier living away from home and focusing on the important things to help me acheive my goals.

That it is nothing like high school and you have to apply yourself more.

LYNSEY

I Love How You Get To Walk Around Downtown Chattanooga To Go To Classes.

I Love How You Get To Walk Around Downtown Chattanooga To Go To Classes.

Erin

My mind did a back flip the first day I attended college a month following graduation from a Catholic high school; what a transition. No uniform; the option to decide what I study; and most imperative of all, the decision to attend. The list for what I have received from attending college is escalating. I begin with what has affected me to the highest degree: increased confidence. College has revealed what I can accomplish; I have come to know how to handle stress, deadlines, and difficult and different people. With this knowledge came admiration for coffee and ?five hour energy drinks.? It has been a journey filled with lifelong friendships, unforgettable memories, late night study sessions, and an experience that offers preparation and increasing exposure to the ?real world? adults discuss. I have become more established as a human, while being introduced to a variety of personalities, cultures, challenges to overcome, and goals to accomplish. In meeting new people I have come to value other?s opinions; which has in turn widened my own perspective and planted the desire to travel and further expand my knowledge. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kelsey

Most of the students at UTC are accepting, friendly, and all very unique.

Most of the students at UTC are accepting, friendly, and all very unique.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience and I have only been here for a year. I have made some of the best friends that I could have ever asked for, some of which will stay in my life forever. I have gotten the experience of living on my own and taking care of myself. I lived off of the money that I had and learned how to manage it very quickly. I was raised in a very privileged household and I now know that things are not always going to be handed to you. I know the meaning of getting what you deserve and trying your hardest on everything you do. College is a tough situation if you are unsure of what it is going got be like going into it. The things that I have already learned and everything else that I can?t wait to learn are very valuable to be because it has taught me how to take care of myself. It has taught me how to get priorities in line. It has taught me a lot of responsibility along with so many other things.

I joined a sorority as soon as I got to school and I do believe the way that they welcomed me and showed me the ropes is the best thing about this school. Most people on this campus are kind and welcoming, if you give them the chance. They were all in the shoes of the upcoming freshman at one time so they know what it is like. It is very easy to make friends here (even if it?s just your roommate) and to build relationships. I do believe that is the best part about this school.

Dameon

College has given me a since of self empowerment. I feel as if I am coming into the world as improved version of myself. At first fear almost kept me away from college but with the help from friends and my teachers, nothing can hold me down. College is for everyone, this process helps open young minds to what the world is and what you can do in it. I can't see why anyone would want to pass on the opportunity of a life time.

This isn't a school for someone who likes to coast through life. If you want to do something positive with your life than UTC is the place for you.

I, for the most part, brag on the activities the campus has to offer. The teachers make this school worth coming to, they are open with their ideas and always willing to help a student in need.

Alisha

My college experience has been valuable because I can see how much I am growing. Everyday I learn something new. The professors constantly challenge us to think outside of the box and to be open to new and different ways of looking at things. I love hearing the perspectives of other people when we discuss different topics. I believe this really contributes to each individual's learning process. It helps us to expand our thinking. It helps us gain knowledge, and it often helps us make a decision on how to apply the knowledge that we've gained. This level of open mindedness that professors expose us to helps individuals learn about their likes and dislikes. It helps a person to find out what he or she stands for. It helps us to truly define who we are and to love and appreciate the person that we have become. That is why my college experience is so valuable. It helps me gain knowledge, and once I apply my knowledge, it becomes powerful.

I wish I had a better understanding about the cost of tuition. I wish I knew more about scholarship oppurtunies.

I brag most about our housing. I must say that we have the best housing out of all universities. I enjoy the fact that it is all apartment style, and I get to have my own room. I also enjoy the school environment. This campus is safe.

While attending college, Ive found my experience valuable because I went into college fresh out of highschool not having a clue what I wanted to study or major in. After researching schools in general, I realized your first two years of school are just basic courses anyways, so during those two years it gave me plenty of time to decide the direction I wanted to go in based on my interests in the courses I was enrolled in. Not only have I decided my direction, which is to pursue a bachelors degree with a major in business management and a minor in psychology, then apply for grad school, to further undergo my career as a psychologist, but the college experience is very important if you want to succeed in life and get a great education!

Leah

College was always something I was going to do. But when I chose to attend the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is when I began my new beginning in life. I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I now can manage my time more efficiently as well as my money, and I am more open with people and trying new things. Going from a small town to Chattanooga, has made this experience even more valuable because I am able to explore new things on a more regular basis.

The best reward received when one attends the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is the interaction with the peole on campus. There is always an activity on campus no matter what night it is. They are positive activities and a great way of meeting new and interesting people.

Before I attended the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga I wasn't a very open minded person. Everyone in my town basically had the same train of thought. We were all country down to earth Tennesseeians that loved Colts football and Rocky Top. But when one attends college every sterotype that you've picked up has to leave your mind because I guarnatee there is always going to be someone or more than one person that proves that judgement to be a false statement.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.