Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

David

It is the most economical graduate school I was accepted to.

I have learned that education is invaluable. It is extremely costly but worth evey cent because it is an investment in yourself and your own future. It is very hard to get to the top without a high level degree and a great deal of hard work. In today's society it is even more difficult to raise a family and build a retirement. Your earning potential is much greater and your job security and quality of life is higher. I have found it to be character building as well. It is not easy to overcome the hurdles and obstacles of attending school but I have also had to do it while working a job 120 miles away. I believe the more education I obtain the more I can help those around me and that is my greatest motivating factor.

In the fall of 2009 I attended The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Out of my college experience so far, I have learned to never procrastinate and to always strive for the grade you want not the grade you think you deserve. It can be very easy to slip and its very hard to pick your self back up if you dont have the patience and determination to do so. It has been very beneficial for me to attend UTC, because I'm able to focus primarily on my studies and not fall off track. The things that has been the most helpful are the student support services and tutoring that they offer on campus and the library having everything you could possibly need to fufill the needs of those English teachers. Attending this University, was the wisest choice I have ever made and I hope I'm able to educate my self to the fullest in order to achieve all of my dreams and not only to make my family proud but also to be an inspiration to other African American females that look up to me as a big sister. Thanks for listening.

I knew everything, that I wanted to know when I came to this school and found everything fun and exciting.

A person that is looking for a party school.

Brooke

I am 40 years old and began taking on-line college courses starting in October 2009. After I graduated from high school I married young and had two children; unable to attend college. Deciding to enroll in the University of Phoenix later in life to obtain my AA degree is for personal growth and has been something I’ve regretted not doing after high school. I was excited and nervous to embark on this journey; I have been able to manage my work responsibilities, home life and other daily hurdles while pursuing this goal. As stated, I have been in the work force for over 20 years; since graduating high school. I have done fairly well for myself considering I never obtained a college degree in my field. I attended many seminars over the years which greatly improved my knowledge of specific subjects. Now I am looking to improve myself even further by attending college and striving to obtain my Associates Degree (and hopefully beyond). I chose to obtain my degree in Psychology as it relates to many aspects of what the Employee Relations & Recruiting part of my job (HR Management) entails. College has been such a motivating experience.

Fun to learn with and engaging.

Fun to learn with and engaging.

While attending UTC I have grown as a person both in my education and in the extra curricular activities that I do. I go to class and work hard, and after that I am a member of various non-profit groups that work on things like Invisible Children and sex trafficking. The university has given me the ability to join in with these things and meet people with similar interests. More than anything I will appreciate the people I have come to know here, they are a diverse and intelligent group of people that drive me to do my best, and I do the same for them.

Sometimes the classes do not have enough space in them so you have to wait a while before taking it.

Marlana

The most important experience I have gotten out of my college is learning how to interact with an array of different people including my own professors. From quarter to quarter I met so many different kinds of people and quickly learned how to interact with them but was also challenged on quickly learning who they were especially if I had to work in a group with them. The reason it has been valuable to attend was because the first year I went there I had no idea what I was really doing, being a freshman and all, but the professors were understanding, and so were the advisors. They worked with me from quarter to quarter and I eventually was able to get the hang of it. Sometimes I still struggle but help is always available no matter where I am trying to find it.

My classmates were fun, but determine to succeed and achieve goals that one may think were set too high to reach for kids starting their college career with very little supervision from their parents.

College is a challenge in itself. It shows who is ready to move on with their lives and who still has some growing up to do. I've learned that it's not easy living on your own. For the first time in your life you are able to do more on you own without the consent of your parents. You experience freedom in a whole new way. I have gained the knowledge and the strength to finally be able to say "No" a lot more than I use to. I've learned that there's a price that comes when you go out more than you should, instead of focusing on the real reason you are there; to get an education. I've seen many drown or try to keep their heads above water, but the truth is that you can't have your cake and eat it too. In other words, you expect to party all night and be successful in all your classes.

The best thing about school was being able to learn. To feel that your teacher was not going to let you fail, but that they did care about you as a person, not just another pay check provide by Mom and Dad.

Raven

It is a university with a community college student to teacher ratio. They also offer a lot of resources if you need help in any subject.

I have been able to further my education in a well environment, and been able to meet new people and make new friends. this has been valuable to me because it makes it easier living away from home and focusing on the important things to help me acheive my goals.

That it is nothing like high school and you have to apply yourself more.

LYNSEY

I Love How You Get To Walk Around Downtown Chattanooga To Go To Classes.

I Love How You Get To Walk Around Downtown Chattanooga To Go To Classes.

Erin

My mind did a back flip the first day I attended college a month following graduation from a Catholic high school; what a transition. No uniform; the option to decide what I study; and most imperative of all, the decision to attend. The list for what I have received from attending college is escalating. I begin with what has affected me to the highest degree: increased confidence. College has revealed what I can accomplish; I have come to know how to handle stress, deadlines, and difficult and different people. With this knowledge came admiration for coffee and ?five hour energy drinks.? It has been a journey filled with lifelong friendships, unforgettable memories, late night study sessions, and an experience that offers preparation and increasing exposure to the ?real world? adults discuss. I have become more established as a human, while being introduced to a variety of personalities, cultures, challenges to overcome, and goals to accomplish. In meeting new people I have come to value other?s opinions; which has in turn widened my own perspective and planted the desire to travel and further expand my knowledge. Thank you for your time and consideration.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.