Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Erin

My mind did a back flip the first day I attended college a month following graduation from a Catholic high school; what a transition. No uniform; the option to decide what I study; and most imperative of all, the decision to attend. The list for what I have received from attending college is escalating. I begin with what has affected me to the highest degree: increased confidence. College has revealed what I can accomplish; I have come to know how to handle stress, deadlines, and difficult and different people. With this knowledge came admiration for coffee and ?five hour energy drinks.? It has been a journey filled with lifelong friendships, unforgettable memories, late night study sessions, and an experience that offers preparation and increasing exposure to the ?real world? adults discuss. I have become more established as a human, while being introduced to a variety of personalities, cultures, challenges to overcome, and goals to accomplish. In meeting new people I have come to value other?s opinions; which has in turn widened my own perspective and planted the desire to travel and further expand my knowledge. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kelsey

Most of the students at UTC are accepting, friendly, and all very unique.

Most of the students at UTC are accepting, friendly, and all very unique.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience and I have only been here for a year. I have made some of the best friends that I could have ever asked for, some of which will stay in my life forever. I have gotten the experience of living on my own and taking care of myself. I lived off of the money that I had and learned how to manage it very quickly. I was raised in a very privileged household and I now know that things are not always going to be handed to you. I know the meaning of getting what you deserve and trying your hardest on everything you do. College is a tough situation if you are unsure of what it is going got be like going into it. The things that I have already learned and everything else that I can?t wait to learn are very valuable to be because it has taught me how to take care of myself. It has taught me how to get priorities in line. It has taught me a lot of responsibility along with so many other things.

I joined a sorority as soon as I got to school and I do believe the way that they welcomed me and showed me the ropes is the best thing about this school. Most people on this campus are kind and welcoming, if you give them the chance. They were all in the shoes of the upcoming freshman at one time so they know what it is like. It is very easy to make friends here (even if it?s just your roommate) and to build relationships. I do believe that is the best part about this school.

Dameon

College has given me a since of self empowerment. I feel as if I am coming into the world as improved version of myself. At first fear almost kept me away from college but with the help from friends and my teachers, nothing can hold me down. College is for everyone, this process helps open young minds to what the world is and what you can do in it. I can't see why anyone would want to pass on the opportunity of a life time.

This isn't a school for someone who likes to coast through life. If you want to do something positive with your life than UTC is the place for you.

I, for the most part, brag on the activities the campus has to offer. The teachers make this school worth coming to, they are open with their ideas and always willing to help a student in need.

Alisha

My college experience has been valuable because I can see how much I am growing. Everyday I learn something new. The professors constantly challenge us to think outside of the box and to be open to new and different ways of looking at things. I love hearing the perspectives of other people when we discuss different topics. I believe this really contributes to each individual's learning process. It helps us to expand our thinking. It helps us gain knowledge, and it often helps us make a decision on how to apply the knowledge that we've gained. This level of open mindedness that professors expose us to helps individuals learn about their likes and dislikes. It helps a person to find out what he or she stands for. It helps us to truly define who we are and to love and appreciate the person that we have become. That is why my college experience is so valuable. It helps me gain knowledge, and once I apply my knowledge, it becomes powerful.

I wish I had a better understanding about the cost of tuition. I wish I knew more about scholarship oppurtunies.

I brag most about our housing. I must say that we have the best housing out of all universities. I enjoy the fact that it is all apartment style, and I get to have my own room. I also enjoy the school environment. This campus is safe.

While attending college, Ive found my experience valuable because I went into college fresh out of highschool not having a clue what I wanted to study or major in. After researching schools in general, I realized your first two years of school are just basic courses anyways, so during those two years it gave me plenty of time to decide the direction I wanted to go in based on my interests in the courses I was enrolled in. Not only have I decided my direction, which is to pursue a bachelors degree with a major in business management and a minor in psychology, then apply for grad school, to further undergo my career as a psychologist, but the college experience is very important if you want to succeed in life and get a great education!

Leah

College was always something I was going to do. But when I chose to attend the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is when I began my new beginning in life. I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I now can manage my time more efficiently as well as my money, and I am more open with people and trying new things. Going from a small town to Chattanooga, has made this experience even more valuable because I am able to explore new things on a more regular basis.

The best reward received when one attends the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is the interaction with the peole on campus. There is always an activity on campus no matter what night it is. They are positive activities and a great way of meeting new and interesting people.

Before I attended the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga I wasn't a very open minded person. Everyone in my town basically had the same train of thought. We were all country down to earth Tennesseeians that loved Colts football and Rocky Top. But when one attends college every sterotype that you've picked up has to leave your mind because I guarnatee there is always going to be someone or more than one person that proves that judgement to be a false statement.

My Name is Brittany Pacheco . Attending College America and going into the medical feild has open a range of oppurtunities. Not only has it open the door for pursuing education, it has that gold pot at the end of the rainbow. I finally have the chance to help people who actually need and who will appreciate the help I will be soon to offer. So many times have I missed out on that chance to better my life, it took a life changing miracle as well as a tragedy to make me open my eyes and see the world and how even the little things can effect our tommorow. So many different ways have I expanded my mind and realized my great potential I have been waisting. I see the inside, no longer worrying the appearance and bad expereinces I've dealt with on the outside. College America as well as my expereinces has this women blossoming into the most extravegant flower there can be.

Quynh

Choosing to continue my college education, I have to say, was the best idea that I had ever made for myself. Being in a college environment, I learned to keep my head straight and proud even when I fell down. For me, being in this all new atmostphere is a dream come true, simple because with the financial need that my sister and I have to pull through every year just to be able to attend classes was no joke. I remembered the feelings late at night after a long day at work and still needed to finish my homework for the next day,was a total disaster. But I kept on going. Because I know that, I am very blessed to have the opportunity to study and become someone that my friends and family can count on and trust, I would be a complete fool to not try my hardest everyday and hope that day will come.

Courtney

UTC is the epitome of a community college on "steroids" due to the large number of commuter students and the level of educational resources available to students.

College has been challenging to adjust to. Diversity has been redefined in my mind and the way I approach every situation has adapted to what I have experienced and learned through my college career. My social networking abilities have increased significantly, as well as my overall ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations.

The most frustrating thing about UTC is the lack of helpful resources. If you send someone an e-mail, it takes them days, sometimes weeks to respond. If you want to talk to someone in charge about financial aid, they send you to the girl in your friend's introductory math course who just so happens to be a member of the Kappa Delta sorority. The number of healthy options on campus are minimal, and information regarding diversity of culture and lifestyles is virtually nonexistent.

Jayla

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now, I would say take chances, explore more options, be dedicated, believe in yourself, keep your faith in god, don't assume, get a job, and do not procrastinate! Since I graduated, I have learned a lot of things about who I am and who I want to be. The transition to college was a bit of a challenge since my parents did not approve or fully support me in the first place. I am financially supporting myself in college so that also taught me true responsibility and is also why I would have told myself to get a job asap. I have always been a big procrastinator so I wish I would have changed that long before I came to college. I definitely don't live out of regrets so I will just take what I wish I would have told myself last year and turn all of it into a reality for the next.

The best thing about my school is a hard decision between the campus and the teachers. I love the campus because it is easy to walk to all of my classes, and everything is so convenient. I also love the teachers because they care if you come to class, and they also are willing to help a student out if needed.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is very greek life oriented. Not that I have anything against it, I just prefer not to be in one, so I feel like I have a hard time meeting people and getting involved with the school because of that.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.