Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

UTC is known for its education program and the Physical Therapy department. It is also known for the surrounding outdoor active environment with plenty of places to go hiking, rock climbing, backpacking, or biking.

If given the chance to travel back to my time as a high school senior, I would tell myself that upon entering college I should keep doing the things I love. Just because you are no longer playing a sport for a varsity team does not mean that you should give it up completely; join a club team or play intramurals. Also, be yourself in every situation; let people see you for who you truly are and they will respect you and the decisions you make. Try new campus activities; they help you to make new friends and network with other people on campus. Do not be bashful about asking someone to room with you; if you do not ask a friend, you may be stuck with someone you do not get along with well. Classes will sometimes frustrate you and you will have more work than you think possible to handle, but do not be discouraged; persevere and you will succeed in the end. When you know no one in your classes, branch out and introduce yourself to those around you; you never know who might become one of your best frineds.

UTC has a very friendly and active environment that encourages friendship between students and an active lifestyle both on campus and in the surrounding area.

Hope

I thought that the transition to college was going to be a lot easier than it was. From the scholastic aspect, it was very easy. the emotional transition was very different. If i could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself that I am going to have to put myself out there more than I ever have before. I have always been a people person, but it was not so hard to be a people person when I was in a place where every one knew me. I upheld many leadership roles in high school like Beta club president and Class secretary, but I was leading a group of people that I had went to school with and grown up with for years. Coming to college put me out of my comfort zone in that aspect. I was not mentally prepared, so I ran to the group of friends that came from my home to the same school as me. I would tell myself to venture out and not be afraid to take chances. Now in the spring semester I am getting settled and more comfortable with college life and meeting new people.

I wish I would have known that the school is not as spirited as what I am used to. My high school did things that made the biggest majority of the student body want to be envolved but that isn't always the case here. Homecoming was a big disappointment. School spirit is not a big deal here.

I tell my friends about the class sizes and the outdoor recreational opportunities. Fitness is a big part of my life and future career and we have an amazing facility. My friends can relate with me about outdoors events because we come from a small town that offers a lot of those things. In that sense, my school creates a home-away-from-home atmosphere.

Ciara

They are cool classmates.

They are cool classmates.

Ciara, when you are accepted to UTC, you will have to venture outside your comfort zone. In order to know what is waiting for you. You have so many options and you must take your classwork serious. You can socialize, but do not forget your schoolwork comes before anything. Especially, before your job. Do not worry about how school will get paid. If you leave it in God's hands, he will make away. School can be fun and learning experience. Enjoy yourself and balance your priorities.

My school will lead me to do great things when Igraduate. I will be well prepared for what is ahead?

Christian

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has everything you could ever want from a college; apartment style dorms, city life, outdoor life, friends, a great academic program, and tons of experiences to be made.

Do not be afraid to let loose a little bit, but just not too much. This is something that every high school should hear before going to their first semster at college. Every part of college is new and can be a little intimdating, especially if you have come to a school where you dont have any of your friends with you. You have to be able to experience new things, and if you dont do that your college life will be less fun and less productive. You can't be afraid to meet new people, raise your hand in class, or go have some fun. College becomes a lot more fun once you have got to know some people, so dont be afraid, just do it and you will enjoy your college career a lot more. Then again you can't always be out having fun, because that happens too often, and, freshman especially, end up not going to class and failing classes their first semester. So have fun, meet some people, and remember why you are in school, and it will be the time of your life.

This school is awesome. You get to be right in the city and no more than 30 miles from anything and everything outdoors. In the city you have everything you would expect to keep you entertained. What makes UTC different is that in the surrounding area we have mountains, rock climbing, white water rafting, skydiving, and much more. Also, soon to come in our brand new work out facility is a lazy river. It can be used by anyone, and for the canoeing and scuba diving classes too. It has everything and is the perfect school.

Denise

As a senior you may think it?s all over and done with. What happens now? Do I continue to go to school? This is a critical time in your life. These are all questions that I asked myself and still ask myself today. I can?t quite tell you how college is right now but I can tell you it won?t be easy. You?ll get beat down time and time again. You struggle to get the time, strength, and money to make it happen. Writing essays after essays with a baby on your lap craving for your attention. And you?re thinking to your self, is it possible? Can it be done? I have come to let you know that your stubbornness will work against and for you in so many ways. You are a strong and independent person. With great dedication and determination you will be able to conquer any hard time situation. Your kids will be your motivation. So don?t give up. It can be done.

Victoria

My road to college was not easy! I hit some bumps, and lost control of the wheel along the way. If I had the opportunity to talk to go back through time as "me" now, a freshman in college, and speak with me at the age of fifteen, a freshman in highschool , I would say to myself wake up and get busy! Knowing how I am I would probably argue with myself as I did with those who tried to tell me to stop dragging my feet ! Then I did not realize how expensive college was as i do now. None-the-less I made it on my own, I simply wish I would have started sooner. I am happy with my choice in schools, but I am displeased with the way i had to get here. Loans are no fun ! If I would have started sooner I probably would have had more scholarships. Not realizong how important my G.P.A. was I slacked off then and I am paying for it now! If I had the opportunity to I would tell myself to work hard and play later!

I think the worste thing about this campus is the lack of eating choices on campus!! This school provides alot of opportunities for furthering an education, and career oriented therefor, this is the only hting I can come up with!

If you have lack of motivation, or endurance this is not a school for you! I dont think someone who is not serious about their education, and who does not attend to strive to reach their goal should atten this university.

Chantel

University of Tennessee of Chattanooga is a driven, academic, and increasingly school-spirited campus with a diverse populati...

University of Tennessee of Chattanooga is a driven, academic, and increasingly school-spirited campus with a diverse population.

I would definitely tell my past self to consider all my options for the future instead of only being set on a few choices. I was set on a great school in another state and when I could not attend because of financial reasons, I felt like I settled for a state school. I had reservations about being here but I am very glad I chose UTC and do not regret that decision. I realized in my second semester that I made a great choice and that my choice created the perfect balance in my life. I also would advise myself to be more active in high school. I instantly became involed when I got to UTC and I regret not being more involved in clubs or staying with some in high school. I would advise the past Chantel to take more chances and be more open with others so that I can be more social in college in every aspects. It's never to late to do something different and I would strongly advise my past self to take heed to those words.

The only flaw with UTC is that it doesn't offer a lot of activites on-campus on the weekends. Especially for those who aren't as overly social or whose friends leave for the weekend, it's tough to just stay in sometimes with nothing to do on campus on a Friday or Saturday.

Vanessa

UTC is metropolitan university located in a small southern city, this university is for students that desire a small student population and class size; however, there is little access to resources.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I now know about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give to myself is to overcome my fears, be more confidant in my capabilities and potential, and pursue more opportunities or create volunteer opportunities in my areas of interest. Now, I understand the importance of taking chances and trying new things. For example, I was extremely fearful of a high school AP English course. I was concerned about meeting the course?s requirements, teacher?s expectations, and possibly lowering my grade point average. If I could go back in time, I would enroll in that course and take as much from it as possible. My grammar and composition could?ve been challenged and matured in high school, rather than my second year of undergraduate. I would?ve also volunteered more. There are several benefits of volunteering, such as networking, mentorship, applied experience, and insight into a particular field. If I had volunteer experience or information prior to undergrad, I would?ve been positioned for better internships and employment.

I wish I had know that there was not much to do in the city of Chattanooga.

Brittney

What advice I would give myself is study hard. I would tell myself it's okay to go out with friends, but don't forget why you here in college in the first place, for your education. I would say be careful in college, make your choices wisely, choose your friends wisely, cause remeber everybody is not your friends!! If you need any help go to tutor or meet with your tecachers one -on-one, that way they will know you are trying hard! Also, make a study schedule , for everyday, maybe even use a planner, and sit down and plan out how manys hours of days will you study. Study hard and ask questions!!! Be careful , don't leave off with strangers, stay with friends at all times, especially if your in another city that your not familiar with. Never walk by yourself alone! Find a place you can study, if your roomate or roomates are too distracting, I suggest the library! Remeber that you can have fun, but education is always first, remeber that you came for an education. Don't make any bad deisions cause you see the others students are, you just be yourself! Good luck!

What I consider the best thing about my school is the education. The education at my school is excellence in teaching, research, service, and their dedication to the students. In fulfilling their mission, they are commited to our core vaules, like preparing us for the future, education and engagement,and postive institutional environment. They provide Student Help Centers, for the students in case some students are having trouble in any courses. In addition to, they provide tutoring, advising ,and counseling to help students. My school is a great school, the faculty cares about the students!

What kind of person should attend this school? I think anybody should attend this school, this school is great! The faculty helps prepare all studnts for the next step in life. At this school, you can meet with your Instructors one-on-one, tutuoring, anybody who wants to get to know their professors, they should attend this school. This school accepts all kinds of ethics here, it doesn't matter, as long as you want the education you will get the education that you need! What kind of person should atten this school? I think anybody that wants an education!!!

Aaron

If I could go back in time, one year, to when I was a senior in high school, I would mention the freedom that college offers. The ability to live on your own, to do what you want when you want, and learn in the meantime is a wondrous experience. I would mention the fun times to be had in and out of class. But overall I would voice how college is not a joke. I would prepare myself for extended study groups at all times of the night. I would say how difficult post-calculus math can get, and maybe try and teach my past counterpart some mathematical tricks that I know now, just to make things easier. This is what I would tell myself about college if I could go back in time.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.