Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Bonnie

UTC is a great school, it can be confusing at first as a new student in regards to how to sign up for classes and finding places on campus, but overall it is a fine establishment.

I have made great friends at UTC.

Students, don't skip class and go to bed early!

Kristen

I like that they offered mainly apartment style housing rather than only traditional dorm housing. Also, I liked the location of the college. It is located really close to downtown Chattanooga. You could walk if you wanted to access downtown

My advice for finding the right college and making the most of college experiences is different for parents and students. I know that often times parents are funding their children's education and they feel like the final decision is left up to them. My advice to parents is to truly listen to your child's wants and needs to choose a college that is right for them, regardless if it is your alma mater. My advice to students in finding the right college and making the most of their college experience is to visit colleges that interest them. Ask to sit in on classes. Choose the school that you feel most comfortable. Do not let the school choose you.

I liked the size of the campus. It was not too big or too small. I felt comfortable with the class size. I did not feel like I was just a number to my professors (almost all of them knew me by name). On the other hand, there were not only 10 people in my classes. That would have made me uncomfortable.

Victoria

My classmates are very diverse...some nice and some not so nice.

My classmates are very diverse...some nice and some not so nice.

First of all, don't let your parents choose the college for you. It is always good to let them have their own opinion, but make sure you have the last word. I had a huge fight with my mother about my college. They felt that Chattanooga wasn't far away from home. They wanted me to "go farther and meet new people and see new things." Now, they see that I love my school and that it isn't so bad after all. They love being able to have me home whenever I want to come. Secondly, when you finally get into the whole college experience make sure that you put your studies first. It's ok to have fun but remember that your education comes first. Last but not least, keep your parents informed about your college life. Trust me, you will need all the help, love, and support you can get. ;-)

The best thing about my school is that it is a nice size campus...not too big and not too small. It doesn't take long to learn your way around.

Crystal

I believe that students and parent should visit as manu colleges as possible just to be sure that the campus is of their best interest. Parent should check out the financial aid deparment and students should look closely at on campus housing. Over all a student should weight their option from different universities and pick the one they feel will make them the happiest and allow them to focus on their work and stil have fun.

Joseph

Nice place, friendly people, outdoor environment.

Nice place, friendly people, outdoor environment.

Nursing, Physical therapy, softball, women's basketball.

Visit lots of schools. Don't be set in your mind where you want to go without doing so. Don't pick a school because of the football team or the parties. Pick a school that you feel can provide you an atmosphere in which you can thrive academically, socially, and culturally. Parents: Don't pressure your child into attending your alma mater, but let them be their own person. The aspects of college that you sought when looking for a college to attend aren't necessarily what your child values. Students: once you are in college, don't take anything for granted because it will be over before you can blink an eye. Play a club sport, join a special interest organization, and pledge a fraternity or sorority. Focus on schoolwork, but remember that communication skills developed through your social activities will be the most valuable supplement to your degree that you could ever possess. Who you know is as important as what you know. Most importantly: USE YOUR RESOURCES. The only thing I regret is not taking advantage of free tutors, writing labs, and other great resources that could have benefited my college experience.

I would visit as many colleges as you can before you make your choice. That way, you get to see how things are at small and large colleges and which ones seem to fit you better. Making the most of your college experience is all about getting out there. College is, in addition to getting an education, about expanding as a person and meeting new people. Join a sports team or a club on campus. The number one thing that everyone has to do in order to succeed in college is GO TO CLASS. Most of the people I know that are struggling neglect to go to class like they should. Most professors are very understanding and appreciate your continued attendance and effort in their class and will often take that into consideration if you have a borderline grade.

The best thing about my school is the teachers. I have encountered very few "bad" teachers. Almost all of the teachers that I have had have been amazing. They were always avaliable for questions and were more than willing to work with you about extra credit assignments and attendance issues. You could tell that they really cared about you being there and wanted you to succeed.

The worst thing about my school is their admissions office. A lot of the people that work there seem to be ill-informed and have a short temper when you have questions. I have been told many conflicting things about class pre-requesites and requirements. Questions are never answered the same across the board. You really need to know who to talk to about what to get things taken care of.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.