Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Frederick

My advice would be to the student - visit the college of your choice while school is in session, this will give you a good fill for the day to day environment. Also, if you have a roommate to make sure you take time to get to know them, and you are compatible.

Keisha

My school is a great place, with a strong learning environment that was built for students to excel.

In order to find the right college for a student, much information needs to be researched. Things that need to be researched are the differrent programs and or classed the college actually offers. Some colleges offer freshmen seminar programs to help students transition from the high school level to the college level. Freshmen seminar is a good program that students should look for. Also students should have an idea of what their major may be and talk to an advisor in college to start planning classes or activites they may want to take to further their education. Coaches for a specific college should also be contacted because many students who play sports in high school miss out on the college level because they fail to take that chance. Housing should also be looked upon because that may be where the student spends the majority of his or her time. Different financial procedures should also be looked at like work-study and grants. Always look for scholarships even if it doesnt seem to be going well. Scholarships are free money that parents do not have to come out of thier pocket for.

I consider the best thing about my school the resources that the students have to excell and the housing arrangements. My school has a feshly built library with three floors and many books. It also has a counseling center for students who are struggling with grades, classes,social life, or different emotions that the seek help in. My school offers tutoring from peers and teachers are always willing to help. The housing is very clean and accommadable. It offers appartment style with four other roommates, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a common area. There is plenty space.

My school is a wonderful place to be and to learn.

My school is a wonderful place to be and to learn.

My school is best known for its will to succeed.

My advice would be to choose a school that would allow you to earn the degree you want and to be a school that has a good reputation.

Bradley

My classmates are determined, focused, inquisitive, somewhat laid back, and huge supporters of parties.

If I could give future college students advice about finding the right college, I would tell them to visit the campus frequently so that they have a pretty good idea of what their environment would be like. I would also tell them to be familiar with the town or city that is near the campus. I would also let them know that they may want to talk to other students that go to that college through instant messaging or online so that they can get other students' opinions of the campus. As far as making the most out of their college experience, I would suggest that they stay focused on their academics, but they should also have social time to keep a healthy balance in their life. Another important issue I would address is the college diet. Eating healthy and right also contributes to a wonderful college experience because you are more aware of your surroundings, and you will, more than likely, keep a positive attitude that could very well rub off on the other students.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that students are not as social as I thought they would be. Most of the time, they stick with their fraternity or sorority group. I wish that the students were more friendly, and that it would be nothing out of the ordinary to say hello to another student whenever you walk by them on campus. I am a person who loves meeting new people, and I get along with others very easily. I have met a few new friends, but I would like to see everyone be friendly.

ashley

Univsersity of tennessee of chattanooga is a small campus that is community oriented.

Look for a school that closely supply what you want from your education. Look for a school that "feels" right when you visit before making any decisions on schools. You will know based on what you want if the school is right for you.

The best thing about my school is the cost-effectiveness of my education.

Find a college that is a good size for you. If you go to a very big college, you won't have the same kind of relationships with your professors. They probably won't even remember your name like they might at a smaller college. Make sure the college you go to has the major you are interested in.

It offers a lot of different classes and extracurricular activities.

Our dorms are great because we get our own rooms and have a kitchen.

Diana

I would advise students to make sure they find a college that has a degree program they are interested in and the appropriate amount of students. Also, don't just look at the school. Pay attention to the surrounding areas: the city, art, coffee shops..etc. As an incoming freshman, sign up for SOMETHING. It doesn't matter what it is. A club sport, a political club, a service club. Sign up for something so that you can become involved on campus and have the opportunity to meet new people. Parents should listen to their child and understand what they want out of their college because this is going to be a big part in their life and they should make the decision. Make sure there is a good advising office and tutoring if the student has learning problems. Just try to find a college that is going to make the student the most comfortable and accepted.

The worst thing is that there are not enough campus activities and the students don't get involved enough. I wish there were more concerts, fairs, something in the middle of campus and that more people would attend functions.

some of the administration staff is not very organized.

Allie

My classmates are enthusiastic about what they are learning and willing to help each other, though not all the time.

Find what you want to do as your career and search for the college or university that has the best program or department for what you want to do. Contact that/those colleges and/or universities and talk to them about their programs that you are interested in, then request as much information about the program that you can. Talk to your parents about the college compare and contrast a couple of few choices and narrow it down until you find "the perfect match" for you.

Kevin

Make sure you talk not only to faculty and staff, but also to students because we are the ones who make the experience!

Pressure from UT-Knoxville to remain small. They put downward pressure on the Chattanooga system and we suffer slightly in terms of expansion and general improvements!

The recreation! Camping, hiking, concerts, symphonies, parties!

Jared

Overall, they are diverse and,for the most part, good people; however, I've never seen anywhere that was so naturally segregated.

The business program is known for being one of the top 100 in the country and we are also known for having a really bad football team.

Obviously, they need to do research about the school's academic qualities but I also feel they need to visit the schools they are considering so they can get an overall feel for each school. Ask students how they feel about their school and not just the ones who are paid to give the tours. They also need to visit the town that surrounds each school, if there is one, so they can see what kind of activities there are. Although I feel that academics are the most important part of school, students need more things to do than just go to school and party on the weekends. I know that I, personally, would have had a much harder time at my school so far if there weren't so many things to get away and go do, whether it was something outdoors or in the downtown area. Lastly, I think it's important to decide just how far a student wants to be from their family. I like the ability to be on my own but it is nice to see my parents regularly without it being a large, costly ordeal.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.