Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Caroline

I was a member of the Brock Honors college, program presented to enhance students education by providing a well-rounded education. However, the Honors program is best aimed at Humanities and English majors. The Chemistry department is lacking in impressive professors and labs are very hands-off. Students have limited access to research. UTC is a great school for those who love the outdoors, but there are rarely weekend events for those they are not into hiking. Greek Life at UTC is wonderful. They focus on a values-based recruitment to find the best organization to fit with your beliefs. Participating in Greek Life was the best decision I made on campus.

Madison

I love UTC. I could not have picked a better place to attend college. I made so many friends so quickly, because everyone here is just so nice. I still have not met one unfriendly person. The professors are all so helpful. The campus is so beautiful and there is always something fun going on! Just one visit to the campus, and I promise you will fall in love.

Tesros

UTC was not my first choice, more like my last, as a senior in high school. But, since I have been on campus and gotten to know the college from my first semester, I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. The campus is small enough to know people and run into them, but big enough to always be meeting new people. The majority of professors are passionate about their fields and students and are available in class, during office hours, through email, and occasionally through their personal phone! As a freshman, it is not difficult to get your voice heard. I have a personal relationship with most of the Honors College administration- including the Dean! Because of the cohesiveness and openness exhibited by the admin I am able to approach them about any issues I see within the college which has allowed me a seat on the Honors College council. It is a great campus to be able to have your voice heard and make an impact on UTC, but it is also a great campus to be a wallflower and be a little more quiet. UTC is what you make it and I believe it can be molded by anyone to their desire.

Karen

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has a diverse and vibrant community. There are many events available to students at different times, and plenty of opportunities for recreation and having fun with other students. Students are generally friendly, teachers are helpful, and the campus is beautiful in the main areas. The only issue is the availability of parking and the amount of classes available to students. Newer students get to choose from the classes that are left over, because students who have attended UTC for longer get to register earlier.

Jasmine

I love UTC. Regardless on campus or off campus, there is always something to do. There are some bad professors but A LOT more great professors as well. They are always willing to help you, all you have to do is ask for it. There are tons of resources to help you succeed. There are computer labs in almost every department building and tons of computers in the library to use. The library is my favorite part of the entire campus. It is has all the resources i need. From quite study areas, to rent-able study rooms, and you can rent out laptops, headphones, calculators and even recording equipment. The only down side is that the campus is very hilly and there are stairs EVERYWHERE. So prepare to get a little workout while walking to class. And if walking to class isn't good enough for a workout, than they have a gym (we call it the ARC). It is the best, from a swimming pool to any type of gym equipment you need, they have it. They even have a rock climbing wall. Also parking isn't the best. You have to come early if you want parking. For example, if you have class at 8am, be at a parking lot no later than 7:30. If you go to a parking lot at 7:45, you will not find parking. If you have a class at 9am, you may have to park off campus because all the parking spots will be taken.

Brianna

I am getting an awesome education at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The campus life here is amazing. Everyone is so encouraging and friendly. The staff is willing to help out however they can assist. you. From athletic events, to greek life, and to all of the clubs and organizations available at campus, there is something for everyone here. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga truly is a home away from home.

Selah

LOVE IT!!

LOVE IT!!

The campus is beautiful

The campus is beautiful

Alyssa

Dear high school self, Please try not to stress out so much about college. High school prepared you well, so you will do fine. Also, do not forget to stop and make friends. Life is not enjoyable with out others to share it with. You will miss your parents in college, now matter how much you hate living with them now. Make sure to call them every once and awhile to check up on how things are going. Finally, don't forget to live life to the fullest and make every moment count of your college career. Love, your college self.

The best thing about the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is the variety of clubs and organizations to join. They are a great way to make friends and connect with others that share similar interests with you.

The kind of person who should attend this school is somone who wants the feel of a small school, with the variety of a large school. You get the advantages of a small school such as a more personal connection with peers and professors, while also getting the advantages of a large school such as a large variety of majors, classes, clubs, and also diversity.

Lanise

As a non-traditional student, I would go back and tell myself, to attend college as soon as you finish high school. Do not take any breaks. Finish while you are young and free from bills, etc. Attending in your 30s is very hard. You feel out of place and you don't fit in. Universities are setup for young adults, not a nontraditional, which is why attending college after high school graduation should be a top priority. There is nothing more important. Make good grades because it affects your financial aid, your gpa and it slows down your chances of graduating in time. Your grades depend on your work ethic. Do well. Take any opportunity you can in college because it prepares you for a bright future. Network and get involved in campus activities that interest you. Learn something new. Don't complain, the hassle for the tassle is worth it. Whatever you do, do not give up. You can do it.

I would have to say the lack of classes and resources for the Communication Department. It is so very underfunded and it hurts us, the students because we are not able to learn to the fullest potential when there are so many classes that we need but aren't getting.

I would have to say the professors. Some of them talk to the students as if they are kids instead of being being respectful. Also, many are teaching classes in undergrad yet the content is geared for grad level. That is not fair to undergrad student.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.