Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

AnneCaroline

The best thing about UT Chattanooga is the smaller classroom sizes. It allows for the student to have more one on one time with their professor and they possibly get to learn in a way that they did while in high school. I also believe that the campus is especially great for first year students because its big, but not over whelming, so it’s a great transition for students to get use to if they’re coming from home.

Students who are looking for a huge university should not attend UTC because it is smaller than other schools and it seems to be that everyone knows everyone, while at a bigger school there would be more opportunities to meet more people.

Jeddah

Be prepared. High school somewhat prepares you yours senior year however, you are still living at home where parents & teachers are reminding you of the things that need to be done. For example did you get your work completed or you have so many days until you have to turn an assignment in. In college you are pretty much on your own. You have to make sure your up to date on your emails from your professors because they are not going to remind you and oh yeah your mom is not there to pick up behind you.

The self taught math class. I struggle in math and really could use a teacher or someone to help me.

The kind of person that should attend UTC should be outgoing love walking alot and a person that just enjoys school. Actually, UTC is a place where anyone can fit in.

Marybeth

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has a very diverse and wide group of students. Since I have enrolled here I have met so many new people that I never wouldhave come in contact with before.

i think that when I was a high school senior I thought that I was preparred and ready for college but being here for almost a year now I realize that nothing can prepare you for this journey. I now realize how much I relied on my parents and the comfort that I had at home. I think I was in denile about leaving my friends and family all behind to start somewhere new where no one knew me. Deep down inside I was afraid I would lose my best friends from home because I had moved away and didn't see them on a regular basis. I now see and know that tis has made us stronger and better friends because when we see each other we appreciate the time we spend together more than ever. I am glad that I will always have the support of them and my family.

I believe that this school really is for everyone and anyone. I don't think there is a specific type of person that can go here.

Lindsay

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is placed in a town where you can get a city feel but also within ten minutes from the University you can have a small town feel. The classes are usually around 20-30 students so you are more than just a number. You are given the opportunity to have relationships with your professors which is more than helpful.

Well Lindsay you are about to encounter one of the biggest endevors you will ever come across in your life. College is an amazing experience and to tell you the truth so far you are handling it to the best of your ability. Please though, make sure you get involved with activities early in the year. It helps you to get involved and meet people that have the same intrests as you. Also take advantage of all of the opportunities your University offers you such as tutoring, the writing lab, and the counseling center. It will help you more than what you think it will. The main thing though is keep your priorities straight. You have done really well during your first semester, just have fun and enjoy your time here. Life is too short to live with regrets. Live these years to your fullest and study study study.

I honestly believe the best thing about my school is the campus itself. Chattanooga is a beautiful area and The University of Tennessee's campus showcases just that. The school itself is not big but while walking around you need true beauty and many people miss that about this University. Al

Chelsea

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to settle on a college just because it was convienent. I would make sure i checked out all of my options and applied for all the finacial aid would advise myself that the cheapest college is not nessicarily the only option. There are amazing colleges with the exact dregee i want. Dont waste your time and money at a college that you are going to hate and untimately wont get you any closer to acoplishing the goals you have set.

Maureen

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would definitely tell myself to stop worrying about college so much and have fun with my current friends. Being so worried about deadlines and grades stopped me from enjoying the moment, and I definitely missed out. I should have spent more time doing things like working on my art or learning guitar like I've always wanted. I see now that I didn't need to freak out about making friends or the workload. My advice would be to calm down, have fun, and let the chips fall where they may.

Most of my classmates are easy-going and fun to be around, while still being studious and respectful.

Any person could attend this school. There are many types of people here and many places to fit in. A wide variety of organizations also help.

Dylan

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I don't think I can say I would totally advise against the path I took. In fact, if I had the chance to go back in time, I might just walk past my senior self. Yes, there are somethings I wish I'd known, however, if I didn't experience it myself, the knowledge would be useless. I've thought of what I'd do differently so many times, but now that I am being asked to write down "what I'd do differently", I can't really say I would do anything different. I don't believe I'd appreciate life the way I do today without the trials I've experienced. If I was forced to sit down with Dylan Sapanza, the high school senior, all I would have to say is, "You live, and learn. "

Holly

Dear Me, Stop panicking and breathe. I know that you're in your last year of high school and big, life-changing steps are ahead of you. Remember, college is about you and your future, not anyone else's. Don't let anyone tell you you need to choose a major right now, I still don't even know what I'm doing half the time. Don't let anyone stress you out. After being in college for five straight years now, I know stress and it wasn't until recently that our parents got off our back about choosing some high-classed major that we can't handle. College is supposed to be the best years of your life, but stressing over every detail is going to cause you to miss those good times. Be who you are... not what others want you to be. Breathe and stop worrying about the future. Do what you want to do so you can actually enjoy life. Stressing over school and the future will take away the present. I know it's hard to hear, but what happens will happen. Be who you're meant to be, be the unexpected. -Future You

As a new student with UTC, the only thing I can really complain about it is parking. UTC has several buildings and classes, but they don't have room for all their students. I have to at school at least 45 minutes before class just to get to my class on time due to their bus system. After you fall into routine though, it gets fairly easy. I'm told they will be trying to fix this problem, but there is no true say on when and where this will actually happen.

The type of student that should not attend UTC is a slacker. This is my first semester with UTC and I already have my work cut out for me. I have some form of homework every day and at least one teacher that is very strict in grading. You have to be on your toes and show that you are there for a reason. From what I've seen so far though, UTC is a very active and friendly school. There is something for everyone.

Cameron

UTC is a wonderful place, full of amazing people (once you get them to open up, this is) and excellent professors; in itself, UTC is a cozy campus that is made better if you're willing to take advantage of its opportunities.

There is not a day where I feel as if people take UTC for granted, and everyone here is spirited, but getting people to show it remains difficult.

Nicolette

Nicolette, you really need to make friends and come out of your shell. You need friends to survive that on campus experience. With that being said, get involved! Dont be shy, it may be difficult at first but in the long run you will regret it for years to come. Also, focus on your classes. Make sure you are doing all of your work and asking questions because your grades will become highly affected and you have a tendency to give up once you start struggling. Finally, be nice to everyone. Having friends and making connections in college is crucial to your future. Alot of the people you will meet will impact your life in ways you could never imagine!

I wish i had known more about the campus itself and all that it has to offer. I wish i had done more research and had better prepared myself for the start of the school year since I am a transfer student from Illinois. Just doing my research I couldve had the opportunity to be a part of more on campus activites and groups but I have now missed that window of opportunity.

The people here are very nice and laid back! The campus is small enough to where you get the chance to see and meet alot of people opening your chances to make more friends.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.