Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Kirstie

If I could go back in time, to when I was a senior in high school, and give myself advice about college, I would tell myself how to handle the challenges I will be faced with in many different ways than ever before. By this, I am referring to one of life's most important aspects, which is morals and values. I would tell myself that it is reasonable to experience new things, but not to get carried away or forget about the morals by setting boundaries. Another challenge I would warn myself about is the procrastination. This is because in college, my mom and dad aren't around to tell me when to do my homework anymore, when I need to study, or when I can hang out with friends. This is crucial when understanding how to manage my time wisely. Lastly, I would tell myself that I should have a good time while I'm in college, but also stay focused and make my school work come first. I would encourage getting involved with activities on campus where I could meet new people and step out of my comfort zone.

I wish I had known more about my surroundings, such as where restaurants or shopping centers are located and being familiar with the names of roads.

I think that a student who likes being out in the country would not like this school and shouldn't attend this school because it is a very large city and is never quiet.

Alex

My classmates are amazingly polite, and I have never had any problems with them.

DO NOT become lazy in your high school senior year. You need to get a jump on things ahead of time. You would probably be a lot richer and better off if you do not slack the last year.

Someone who does not want to apply themselves to their school. I think everyone would enjoy something about UTC.

Terica

I attend a lovely four-year university in the beautiful city of Chattanooga, Tennessee that offers an unlimited number of opportunities that allow students to become involved, enjoy their college experience, and help plan out their future beyond receiving a diploma.

It would awesome to have the opportunity to go back in time and give my "high school senior self" some advice about college! I would definitely begin by congratulating myself for all of my hard work and achievements made thus far. However, I would also tell myself that the hard work had to continue and that senior year of high school was not the time to be in "relaxation mode." I would tell myself to be sure to fill out as many scholarship applications as possible, and to retake the ACT because I could be a point away from a scholarship. I would also tell myself to think of types organizations and ways to stay active and involved on campus. Lastly, I would tell myself to continue to have such outstanding self discipline because it most definitely would come in handy in college. I'd tell myself to enjoy high school and not to rush through life. Talking to my self as a high school senior would be nice, but overall I am happy with the way my college life has turned out so far!

I wish that I had taken scholarships and the ACT more seiously. Although I applied for many scholarships and achieved a nice score on the ACT, I wish I would have worked just a little harder. I also wish I understood how competitive financial aid for school was. I always assumed that if I worked hard and made good grades I could go to college where ever I wanted to. Now I understand the realities of the costs of being a college student.

UTC is known for its friendly and hospitable people, its student organizational involvement, and its beautiful campus. Our business program is one of the best in the world , and many programs like nursing and computer science are following. Our resident halls are one of a kind and the environment that envelopes them is contagously positive. The students are sociable, willing to get involved, and work hard. It has a small campus feel but it's smack in the middle of downtown Chattanooga. Overall, UTC is a wonderful place to live and grow into the person you want to be.

Looking back, I would tell my stressed out self to take a deep breath and that life moves on. What feels like an eternity now will soon fly by faster than the blink of an eye, so enjoy it. I know you're having a difficult time with your group of friends, but you're going to join four different organizations in which you will meet wonderful new people who will become your new best friends and will love you for who YOU are! Your journey academically will be hard and challenging, but you are a strong young women who has been through so much already and can get through so much more. Daniel will love you more than ever and understand that you are the women he needs in his life, so stop worrying about him. Momma gets better with time so listen to her, trust me. You can make it to graduation, and when you do you'll feel yourself take that next step in your life. Believe and have faith in yourself and try to look at things day by day because that is what is going to get you through these next four years.

One of the more frustrating characteristics of UTC is all of the contruction going on. Our campus is expanding, therefore the usual routes are detoured. Also, there is a shortage of housing since we are an urban campus and cannot quicly build a residence hall. Sometimes the advisement is not so accurate when telling students what to take for a certain major. Miscommunication happens, and students end up taking classes they do not need therefore making them stay for five years. UTC is a work in progress and these problems are constantly being worked on by staff and students.

AnneCaroline

The best thing about UT Chattanooga is the smaller classroom sizes. It allows for the student to have more one on one time with their professor and they possibly get to learn in a way that they did while in high school. I also believe that the campus is especially great for first year students because its big, but not over whelming, so it’s a great transition for students to get use to if they’re coming from home.

Students who are looking for a huge university should not attend UTC because it is smaller than other schools and it seems to be that everyone knows everyone, while at a bigger school there would be more opportunities to meet more people.

Jeddah

Be prepared. High school somewhat prepares you yours senior year however, you are still living at home where parents & teachers are reminding you of the things that need to be done. For example did you get your work completed or you have so many days until you have to turn an assignment in. In college you are pretty much on your own. You have to make sure your up to date on your emails from your professors because they are not going to remind you and oh yeah your mom is not there to pick up behind you.

The self taught math class. I struggle in math and really could use a teacher or someone to help me.

The kind of person that should attend UTC should be outgoing love walking alot and a person that just enjoys school. Actually, UTC is a place where anyone can fit in.

Marybeth

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has a very diverse and wide group of students. Since I have enrolled here I have met so many new people that I never wouldhave come in contact with before.

i think that when I was a high school senior I thought that I was preparred and ready for college but being here for almost a year now I realize that nothing can prepare you for this journey. I now realize how much I relied on my parents and the comfort that I had at home. I think I was in denile about leaving my friends and family all behind to start somewhere new where no one knew me. Deep down inside I was afraid I would lose my best friends from home because I had moved away and didn't see them on a regular basis. I now see and know that tis has made us stronger and better friends because when we see each other we appreciate the time we spend together more than ever. I am glad that I will always have the support of them and my family.

I believe that this school really is for everyone and anyone. I don't think there is a specific type of person that can go here.

Lindsay

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is placed in a town where you can get a city feel but also within ten minutes from the University you can have a small town feel. The classes are usually around 20-30 students so you are more than just a number. You are given the opportunity to have relationships with your professors which is more than helpful.

Well Lindsay you are about to encounter one of the biggest endevors you will ever come across in your life. College is an amazing experience and to tell you the truth so far you are handling it to the best of your ability. Please though, make sure you get involved with activities early in the year. It helps you to get involved and meet people that have the same intrests as you. Also take advantage of all of the opportunities your University offers you such as tutoring, the writing lab, and the counseling center. It will help you more than what you think it will. The main thing though is keep your priorities straight. You have done really well during your first semester, just have fun and enjoy your time here. Life is too short to live with regrets. Live these years to your fullest and study study study.

I honestly believe the best thing about my school is the campus itself. Chattanooga is a beautiful area and The University of Tennessee's campus showcases just that. The school itself is not big but while walking around you need true beauty and many people miss that about this University. Al

Chelsea

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to settle on a college just because it was convienent. I would make sure i checked out all of my options and applied for all the finacial aid would advise myself that the cheapest college is not nessicarily the only option. There are amazing colleges with the exact dregee i want. Dont waste your time and money at a college that you are going to hate and untimately wont get you any closer to acoplishing the goals you have set.

Maureen

Most of my classmates are easy-going and fun to be around, while still being studious and respectful.

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would definitely tell myself to stop worrying about college so much and have fun with my current friends. Being so worried about deadlines and grades stopped me from enjoying the moment, and I definitely missed out. I should have spent more time doing things like working on my art or learning guitar like I've always wanted. I see now that I didn't need to freak out about making friends or the workload. My advice would be to calm down, have fun, and let the chips fall where they may.

Any person could attend this school. There are many types of people here and many places to fit in. A wide variety of organizations also help.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.