The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga Top Questions

Lanise

I would have to say the professors. Some of them talk to the students as if they are kids instead of being being respectful. Also, many are teaching classes in undergrad yet the content is geared for grad level. That is not fair to undergrad student.

Ranisha

The most frustrating thing about the campus was the fact that I couldn't find any of my classes the first week I came to Chattanooga. The campus is huge, and I couldn't find my way around, I was late to almost every class. It was highly annoying and frustrating.

Rodney

So far, the most frustrating thing is the price of items.

Zach

The most frustrating thing about my school is registering for classes. For example, I am a pre-dietetics major needing to take human phsyiology. However, only 7 spots for dietetics majors are alloted for that class. I'll be a senior this year. There are freshmen in the class. That frustrates me.

Taylor

One of the more frustrating characteristics of UTC is all of the contruction going on. Our campus is expanding, therefore the usual routes are detoured. Also, there is a shortage of housing since we are an urban campus and cannot quicly build a residence hall. Sometimes the advisement is not so accurate when telling students what to take for a certain major. Miscommunication happens, and students end up taking classes they do not need therefore making them stay for five years. UTC is a work in progress and these problems are constantly being worked on by staff and students.

Mary

Getting all the work done on time.

Courtney

The most frustrating thing about my school is that, it's difficult to find the right help you need; as a transfer student, to be successful. As we'll as the lack of communication in the campus as a whole; wheather it involves with the houising department or in your major department. When seeking help it sceams their is no one in particular that can assist you, without giving you the run around, as well as, the fact that their is little to no school unity; which causes a division among campus students.

Shonda

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of some sororities on campus.

Sometimes the classes do not have enough space in them so you have to wait a while before taking it.

Courtney

The most frustrating thing about UTC is the lack of helpful resources. If you send someone an e-mail, it takes them days, sometimes weeks to respond. If you want to talk to someone in charge about financial aid, they send you to the girl in your friend's introductory math course who just so happens to be a member of the Kappa Delta sorority. The number of healthy options on campus are minimal, and information regarding diversity of culture and lifestyles is virtually nonexistent.

Jayla

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is very greek life oriented. Not that I have anything against it, I just prefer not to be in one, so I feel like I have a hard time meeting people and getting involved with the school because of that.

carmisha

some of the students tend to act childish.

Bobby

Honestly, nothing at UTC has frustrated me thus far. I love everything about UTC and the surrounding area. The faculty is always willing to help and the courses are challenging but that is how it should be. Any problems at UTC, you could find on any other college campus. These are just things you expect when you go to any college.

Timothy

Class availability and faculty availiability are definitely the most frustrating. It is near impossible to get help with anything.

Mary

Very few sience classes

katrina

signing up for sclasses ishard sometimes because they fill up fast. Also, its really hard to find parking

Clifton

Arrogance: Pretentious fucks known as honor students. I was going to be one, but got to busy with other apps that I put the idea away. What they get in amplified courseloads they lose in social skills much more needed to network and exude a good presence among people. Smug alert! Ignorance: First semester party dropouts. They are slight influx of people who, on the other hand, don't go here to learn, and their presence is clouted with immature hormorne controls.

Britni

College is only frustrating when your time management skills are poor.

cari

the lack of affordable on campus parking and financial aid

Constance

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of parking for people that are visiting or for people who would rather pay a meter than buy the expensive parking passes.

REGINA

Most frustrating thing about school was the fact that i wasnt financially stabled and had to take out student loans that still didnt cover all of my tution expenses, but that frustration became motivation to finish.

Jackelyn

that everyone goes home on the weekends and not much happends in the city

Cameron

the athletic teams, are rarely, if ever, competitive with other schools

cari

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking availability. There is not enough available parking for the students that drive to campus. It is also frustrating that the financial aid office does not seem to be available to answer questions about aid in a timely manner.

Diana

some of the administration staff is not very organized.

Thomas

Balancing a schedule of school, school-related activities, and a social life.