The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

It's important to get involved right from the start. It's a small school, but it is still sometimes difficult to make friends your first semester if you don't get involved. Once in your major, you will definetely get to know your fellow classmates, but in the first year especially, it is difficult to meet new people unless you have something tying you together. I chose to join a sorority and that has made all the difference to my college experience, and since there are only four sororities here, we are all very close as a greek community.

I wish I would have known how to be more outgoing in order to meet new people straight out of high school. However, 2 weeks into college I had gotten the hang of it. Secondly, I wish I had known how to study because there is a large amount of study time needed for every class in college. And thirdly, I wish I had known how to handle (time-wise and emotionally) everything all together. Handling a long distance relationship, a part time job, full time school hours and studying gets stressful-but that's what friends are for.

Before I attended the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga I wasn't a very open minded person. Everyone in my town basically had the same train of thought. We were all country down to earth Tennesseeians that loved Colts football and Rocky Top. But when one attends college every sterotype that you've picked up has to leave your mind because I guarnatee there is always going to be someone or more than one person that proves that judgement to be a false statement.

Before I came to UTC, I wish I had known how great it was going to be. I was worried before I came about how I was going to make friends, if coming to college was even worth it, and if I was going to have a good time. I'm glad to say that all my fears turned out not to be true- I've made wonderful friends, I enjoy and value the education I'm recieving, and I've had a great time. You just have to be open and accepting, and these years will be your best.

I wish that I had taken scholarships and the ACT more seiously. Although I applied for many scholarships and achieved a nice score on the ACT, I wish I would have worked just a little harder. I also wish I understood how competitive financial aid for school was. I always assumed that if I worked hard and made good grades I could go to college where ever I wanted to. Now I understand the realities of the costs of being a college student.

I wish I had known exactly what I wanted to do straight out of high school. The advisors we're not particularly understanding that I didn't know what I wanted to major in during my first year. I also wish I had a better understanding of my own strengths and I wish I had known that I was better at writing than I told myself I was. It has taken me a while find my place here, but I'm slowly finding myself.

I wish i had known more about the campus itself and all that it has to offer. I wish i had done more research and had better prepared myself for the start of the school year since I am a transfer student from Illinois. Just doing my research I couldve had the opportunity to be a part of more on campus activites and groups but I have now missed that window of opportunity.

I wish I would have gotten a campus tour and learned more about the school and its campus. I still do not know much about it except for the parts I am involved in. It would have helped me so I would have known good study spots and places to get food and hang out during breaks. I would have been more knowledgeable about the resources that are provided to me.

I wish I would've know that the experience of going to college was going to be so full-filling. I do my best to encourge all younger students in grade school to keep there mind open about college. I feel like everyone should experience going to school and being as successful as they can be!

I wish I would have known that the school is not as spirited as what I am used to. My high school did things that made the biggest majority of the student body want to be envolved but that isn't always the case here. Homecoming was a big disappointment. School spirit is not a big deal here.