The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

What I consider the best thing about my school is the education. The education at my school is excellence in teaching, research, service, and their dedication to the students. In fulfilling their mission, they are commited to our core vaules, like preparing us for the future, education and engagement,and postive institutional environment. They provide Student Help Centers, for the students in case some students are having trouble in any courses. In addition to, they provide tutoring, advising ,and counseling to help students. My school is a great school, the faculty cares about the students!

I consider the best thing about my school the resources that the students have to excell and the housing arrangements. My school has a feshly built library with three floors and many books. It also has a counseling center for students who are struggling with grades, classes,social life, or different emotions that the seek help in. My school offers tutoring from peers and teachers are always willing to help. The housing is very clean and accommadable. It offers appartment style with four other roommates, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and a common area. There is plenty space.

The best thing about UTC is its size. The university is a small school, but with just the right amount of people. This familiarity among students encourages friendships that are made even stronger by the intimate size of the the campus. I often hear from my friends who attend larger universities that it 's difficult to get to know anyone. You hardly see the same person twice, and the daunting number of people create feelings of isolation, lonliness, and anonymity. I'm quite grateful for the "just right" size of UTC, and for my friends because of it!

I was very excited about coming to UT at Chattanooga because it seemed like the perfect balance between the large college expereince and small college academic focus. Once I arriced I rushed and am currently in a sorority but am still disappointed in how my expereince turned out. Unles you are a heavy drinker weekends here are boring and the campus empties out. I wish someone would of been honest with me and told me that UTC is essentially a suitcase school, but on the upside I love my classes and proffesors.

There are plenty of things about the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga to brag about. Take for instance the size of the school. UTC has between 8 and 10,000 students meaning plenty of one-on-one time with professors, small enough campus to get around without breaking a sweat and just enough people to get to know. Considering the cost, which is a huge factor when deciding colleges, is easy. Tuition is low as far as 4-year Universities go and most activities around campus are free!

I joined a sorority as soon as I got to school and I do believe the way that they welcomed me and showed me the ropes is the best thing about this school. Most people on this campus are kind and welcoming, if you give them the chance. They were all in the shoes of the upcoming freshman at one time so they know what it is like. It is very easy to make friends here (even if it?s just your roommate) and to build relationships. I do believe that is the best part about this school.

The Chattanooga community is integrated into the school. A "college town" is ruled by a bunch of 18-24 year olds that are there to be fed into the college demographic marketing machine. However, in UTC you feel like a part of something, ready to take on the community and the world. You can gain a broader network with the beautiful city. You can gain perspective. Some like urban campuses and some don't. I happen to like it.

The best thing about UT Chattanooga is the smaller classroom sizes. It allows for the student to have more one on one time with their professor and they possibly get to learn in a way that they did while in high school. I also believe that the campus is especially great for first year students because its big, but not over whelming, so it’s a great transition for students to get use to if they’re coming from home.

The teachers here are really great. They are always willing to help you. They make themselves available to their students in many ways so that the students are always able to reach them if they have any questions or need anything. A lot of my teachers have found students internships and have even offered to be listed as a reference for job applications. They all seem to really care about their students.

The best thing about my school is the teachers. I have encountered very few "bad" teachers. Almost all of the teachers that I have had have been amazing. They were always avaliable for questions and were more than willing to work with you about extra credit assignments and attendance issues. You could tell that they really cared about you being there and wanted you to succeed.