The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Gustavo

This college offers a wide range of resources for students. There are many opportunities for scholarships and employment. From what I see, teachers care about our success and ensure we grow as individuals. For those who want to achieve excellence in life, the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga is an ideal option. The financial aid the college offers makes this an affordable option for everyone. Lower costs do not sacrifice the quality of education.

Larry

This is a college I would love to attend.It overall seems like an amazing college where i could receive an excellent education.It had been a place I have been wanting to attend and now all I need is financial aid to attend The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.

Karen

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has a diverse and vibrant community. There are many events available to students at different times, and plenty of opportunities for recreation and having fun with other students. Students are generally friendly, teachers are helpful, and the campus is beautiful in the main areas. The only issue is the availability of parking and the amount of classes available to students. Newer students get to choose from the classes that are left over, because students who have attended UTC for longer get to register earlier.

Princess

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is not for everyone. If you are big into sports, such as college football, we offer that, however not to the extent of other schools. If you like to party outrageously everyday, this place is not for you. We take our academics seriously during the week and unwind on only the weekends. We are a school that enjoys outdoor recreation such as hiking, biking, and kayaking. Chattanooga offers the best of views as it is a city surrounded by mountains and rivers. There are many hipster coffee drinkers who are into the arts and photography, such as I. Our campus is located downtown, where we have easy access to restaurants, shops and night life; however, you must always be on the lookout to protect your safety. We have great resources through our extravagant library, and our professors portray a strong passion for what they teach making classes enjoyable! No college is perfect, but The University Tennessee at Chattanooga comes dang close!

Caelin

I really love the environment and the people here at UTC! There's always something for everyone to do and everyone is very open and inviting. The buildings are very nice and the food isn't bad. I feel like the majority of the professors truly care and want to help do whatever they can to help to learn and succeed.

The campus is beautiful

Jasmine

I love UTC. Regardless on campus or off campus, there is always something to do. There are some bad professors but A LOT more great professors as well. They are always willing to help you, all you have to do is ask for it. There are tons of resources to help you succeed. There are computer labs in almost every department building and tons of computers in the library to use. The library is my favorite part of the entire campus. It is has all the resources i need. From quite study areas, to rent-able study rooms, and you can rent out laptops, headphones, calculators and even recording equipment. The only down side is that the campus is very hilly and there are stairs EVERYWHERE. So prepare to get a little workout while walking to class. And if walking to class isn't good enough for a workout, than they have a gym (we call it the ARC). It is the best, from a swimming pool to any type of gym equipment you need, they have it. They even have a rock climbing wall. Also parking isn't the best. You have to come early if you want parking. For example, if you have class at 8am, be at a parking lot no later than 7:30. If you go to a parking lot at 7:45, you will not find parking. If you have a class at 9am, you may have to park off campus because all the parking spots will be taken.

Tesros

UTC was not my first choice, more like my last, as a senior in high school. But, since I have been on campus and gotten to know the college from my first semester, I cannot imagine myself anywhere else. The campus is small enough to know people and run into them, but big enough to always be meeting new people. The majority of professors are passionate about their fields and students and are available in class, during office hours, through email, and occasionally through their personal phone! As a freshman, it is not difficult to get your voice heard. I have a personal relationship with most of the Honors College administration- including the Dean! Because of the cohesiveness and openness exhibited by the admin I am able to approach them about any issues I see within the college which has allowed me a seat on the Honors College council. It is a great campus to be able to have your voice heard and make an impact on UTC, but it is also a great campus to be a wallflower and be a little more quiet. UTC is what you make it and I believe it can be molded by anyone to their desire.

Daphney

I love it here at the university. I would like to see some things change like the food on campus and the academic. The food on campus needs to be healthier. Many people that I know including myself have been affected by the Freshman 15. Gaining weight in college makes many people self conscious and down on themselves. I would also like to seem some more vegetarian options on campus since one of my friends is a vegetarian and they have trouble finding healthy options. On the academics part I would like to see more professors who are actually passionate about what they teach. Within my whole first year here at the university I have only had one professor that loved what he was doing and that was my History professor Stephen Taylor. These small changes would greatly impact our university.

Tracey

I love UTC. I work on campus and am apart of the rowing team. I think they offer great opportunities for students and make everyone feel welcome and involved.

Alexis

Overall, it is a great school. I wish they took a little more interest in individual students. Most profs are super helpful, and they’ll do anything to help you learn and succeed. The nature in and out of campus is amazing and offers plenty of opportunities for weekend activities. Also, there should be more ways for non-Greek students to get involved in things like homecoming, philanthropies, etc.

Tiarra

I have a very moderate opinion about the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga. As the school, makes an effort to improve student life and involvement. However, the school has taken over property and torn down historic homes and buildings, some existing during and before the civil rights movement. The strong emphasis on student life seems to be a reason to spend money. As many of the students, are too busy to engage in the activities and are often forced to if their professors force them to as a graded assignment. The education department is horrible, reaching someone for information is impossible. If you go to the department office, they pretend they are not there and keep the door locked. The requirements to take additional education courses is too complex as the Praxis test is required. I understand this is a state mandate, but it should be noted that this test contributes additional stress on students lives. As this test, determines if they can take education courses which can ultimately prevent them from graduating. Also, many of these classes, have not been offered for years. Aside from the education department, there are few classes offered during the day. However, the courses are still required for students to graduate. Making it impossible, if professors choose not to teach those courses for two years.

Chelleigh

I enjoy being a UTC Moc. My classes all interest me and the professors are so passionate about what they are teaching it is hard not to be inspired by them. The professors are very interested in their students education. The campus security is good as well. They keep the students and faculty informed of what is going on. College life here makes me feel as if I'm a student at Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Selah

LOVE IT!!

Kaitlin

I personally love the school. the campus is close to downtown so there is also something to do and I hardly ever get bored. there a beautiful facilities so the campus is not outdated. I love having trees on campus because it is always a beautiful day and beautiful city. I would say the school is pretty stingy with scholarships and such, not so helpful to students who are desperately in need.

Amaya

I love my university, they do any and everything to keep their students involved. The advisors, faculty and staff are there for their students and actually care for them. I feel at home and like I belong on campus. From pep rallies to meet and greets, our mocs are well known.

I LOVE this place! The campus is so nice and so is everyone on it. Plus, its so centrally located to everything because we are literally In the heart of Chattanooga. Everything you could ever need is within walking distance. The majority of dorm halls are really nice as there are no community styled dorms on campus and 6 out of the 7 residence halls are single bedrooms and a bathroom living room and kitchen are shared by 4 people. Also, the one dorm hall that is suite styled isn't too bad either. It's such a community space. Everyone on my floor knows each other super well and we are all really close. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here!

Sharon

Very excited to attend next semester. I am most excited about the options of Greek life and the variety of options to major in. I am also looking forward to making new friends and experiencing life on my own. Chattanooga is a great school with a lot of opportunities offered to students and I am so lucky to get to attend. Go Mocs!

Mikayla

I love the city of Chattanooga. There are so many different hikes minutes away from campus. If you are not into hiking there are countless malls, eateries, parks, rock climbing gyms, and so much more. The library and fitness center are gorgeous and still look brand new. The entire campus is beautiful-especially in the fall. There are a ton of on campus and off campus housing. The amount of club-sports, teams, clubs, campus ministries, and extracurricular activities are endless. Everyone is so kind, and I feel safe on campus. I absolutely love it here.

Zuriel

Chattanooga is a school that’s not too big not too small, so you get to experience everything there is to experience in college

Imani

Overall, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a really good school for the education provided. There is a wide range of courses to choose from and I advise taking as many electives as possible. However, if one is a huge football or basketball fan, I wouldn't recommend this school. This school's football team isn't great and the school spirit isn't what it is like at other universities.

Shanna

I attended this university to complete my ASN to BSN and fell in-love with the facility, administration, and campus atmosphere. The university puts it's students first and is always a consistent source of support. When I planned to get my Masters in Public Health I knew my first choice would be UTC.

amelia

It's really a great school I wanted to transfer case I did not wanna go here I wanted to go to utk but utc is there sister college and I just realized I love it here and a lot of people say outta utk sister colleges utc is the best most transfers are from utk because the campus is so big that it takes an hour to get to each class , here they offer busses and a lot of free stuff like clothes food everyone is so nice.

I absolutely love The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. I am studying engineering and I enjoy my classes. The campus is pretty and has a nice atmosphere. Chattanooga in general is a beautiful city and there are a lot of fun activities in the area to do, especially if you enjoy being in the great outdoors! Go mocs!

Miranda

I love the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and could not imagine myself going to any other school. The criminal justice program is incredible and the professors are excellent. The campus is beautiful and I would not want to go to school anywhere else.

Alexandra

Perhaps I am a bit biased, as my grandfather was a professor here for many years. However, I believe UTC is one of the best places you can go if you want opportunities. The fact of the matter is, it isn't very difficult to get into this school. As long as you go to class and study, you'll graduate. The thing is, a college like that is bound to have students that dwell in mediocrity. That's where the opportunities come in. Are you dying to do research while still in undergrad? You're in luck: if the passion is there you can find a professor to work with you. Are you desperately trying to obtain a mentor? If you put in the effort, faculty would love to assist you. The list of opportunities such as these are never ending at a school like UTC. If you are a student that wants to stand out from the crowd and carpe that diem, you'll find yourself shouting, "Go Mocs!" in no time.

Brianna

I am getting an awesome education at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The campus life here is amazing. Everyone is so encouraging and friendly. The staff is willing to help out however they can assist. you. From athletic events, to greek life, and to all of the clubs and organizations available at campus, there is something for everyone here. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga truly is a home away from home.

I honestly could not have picked a better school. I have almost nothing but good things to say about UTC. The school spirit is through the roof, considering we are a relatively small school. The academics are award-winning. The teachers and staff are helpful and always available to help others succeed. The course catalog is broad and fairly inclusive. We have great food, great night life. It is just all around a great school and a great city. UTC seems to be constantly working to make the school an even better place than it already is. I believe this school is a great choice.

Emma

The minute I walked on campus I felt at home. The facilities are top notch. There are many opportunities to get involved on and off campus. One thing I would change are the food options at Crossroads. But everything else has been wonderful. I would not trade the memories I have made at UTC for the world.

Landon

I love attending school here, and I plan to continue my education here and plan to graduate in a few years. I love the campus because it's beautiful and compact enough to be able to walk anywhere on campus within 15 minutes. The lecture class size is a little big, but I have had several classes with no more than 30 students. I feel like the majority of the professors here actually care about our learning experiences and are constantly trying to help further our education.

Terini

UTC is a very intellectual college where all backgrounds gather and can hold a conversation intellectually. There are parties but academics is the first thing on my mind and the professors have been known to help when needed.

Brendan

Very safe and well-rounded alternative to a huge school or Ivy League level school. The university is big, but it’s easy to get to know your way around campus. The students are friendly, the class sizes aren’t too big, and the food is great. The city of Chattanooga has a lot to offer as well, with parks, trails, an aquarium, and other pedestrian or nighttime activities.

Nakiyah

I feel UTC is a great fit for someone who is unsure of where to attend. While it takes some time adjusting, you will come to the realization that there's no better place to be. The campus, staff, dining, professors and community are all just a part of this great campus. go mocs!

Caroline

I was a member of the Brock Honors college, program presented to enhance students education by providing a well-rounded education. However, the Honors program is best aimed at Humanities and English majors. The Chemistry department is lacking in impressive professors and labs are very hands-off. Students have limited access to research. UTC is a great school for those who love the outdoors, but there are rarely weekend events for those they are not into hiking. Greek Life at UTC is wonderful. They focus on a values-based recruitment to find the best organization to fit with your beliefs. Participating in Greek Life was the best decision I made on campus.

Ethan

The University of Tennessee was daunting at first, but UTC quickly became a home. I am an active person and I really love the Facilities they provide. The rock climbing room is probably my favorite. The food is very good and they have a wide variety of choices. The housing is as good as you can afford, if you wanna go on the cheaper side the housing can get on the dingier side, but if you have more money you can afford the much nicer living spaces.

Jackie

I really enjoy the campus. It is very cultural and a beautiful campus offering great opportunities. I have visited the campus several time. Each time I have had the opportunity to experience something new. There are a lot of recreational activities on campus.

madison

I love UTC! I am so happy I decided to attend here. One of my favorite things about UTC is that there is always something to get involved in. I am a person who tends to get bored easy, and that is one thing that does not happen here in Chattanooga. On campus there are so many clubs to get involved in and even off campus there are plenty of things to do. One of the things I like to do is find new coffee shops near by. That brings me to another point I like how pretty much everything is in walking distance around campus and off campus. It is nice not having to get in your car to go everywhere. Also, everyone at the school is extremely nice and sociable, which makes for a safe feeling campus. Anyone I talk to trying to decide what college to attend, I definitely recommend UTC!

Anahlea

UTC has a beautiful campus and good professors, and overall I very much enjoy my time here on campus. Some buildings are slightly outdated, but they are working on renovations that are sure to be beautiful. Also, the new library is fantastic and there are so many helpful resources there.

Cassidy

This University is filled with a variety of people with plenty of unique backgrounds. I came to this University to learn and grow in the field of study I am majoring in, Nursing. The Nursing program here is amazing and I probably wouldn't want to be anywhere else unless I really had to.

Kathryn

I really love this school. There's always events going on if you know where to find them. There's something for everyone, different clubs, events, classes. It's a fairly small campus, easy to walk around. The surrounding area is great, too. Campus is right next to downtown Chattanooga, and many places offer student discounts.

Lucas

I thin UTC is a beautiful campus with plenty of upside. However, it could still grow and be improved. A few buildings are out of date, and the sports culture is sub par. Overall academics are great and it’s an extremely safe and friendly environment.

Chasity

I really like the campus and the folks I have met so far. The campus is beautiful and everyone is helpful. There is a lot of diversity on campus which is great as you can experience different cultures. I am looking forward to a more in-depth experience this fall.

Carson

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an incredible place to attend college. For those students searching for a university big enough to feel like they're taking on a new beginning and branching out but still being small enough to feel like they mean something and like home, this is the place for them. To me, it's the perfect size. There are many opportunities, and it feels like home.

nastacia

I will be enrolling this year and I cant wait to experience higher education. I briefly toured the campus and found many things I fell in love with. the dorm rooms, the dining, the campus area; and the overall campus look was very clean. I felt safe as I toured the campus finding many activity areas top of the line including a state of the art gym and swimming pool. Overall I'm pleased with how this school has operates and I felt totally safe knowing the security was top notch. In my opinion this school will be the start to my career path. Thanks UTC!!!!!

If you don't want to just blend into the crowd but you don't want to stick out like a sore thumb either, UTC is a good place for you. Offering a middle ground between everyone knowing you got rejected for your Greek formal to professors assigning you a number because they can't be bothered to learn your name, UTC has a respectful undergraduate population to allow for varying interests to flourish. While you won't find everyone at the football field on Saturdays, UTC offers quality athletic teams in a variety of sports if you want to catch a game or match. There are many housing options all conveniently located, with most dorms providing you your own room so you don't have to panic if your roommate keeps their dirty underwear collection on display. With downtown Chattanooga being only a simple walk away, there are many options for food and entertainment. The university is also only a short drive from many beautiful hiking and climbing areas for the avid outdoors lover. Definitely unique but not without its quirks, UTC has many qualities to suit a variety of students.

Joscie

I love it here. Everyone that I have met are extremely nice and the ones who are not , I avoid. There is usually always something to do if you get bored. I enjoy going hiking (when it is not freezing outside), swimming, and any other thing that involves the outdoors. The weather is very bipolar here, so you have to be prepared for anything.

Julie

Overall, Chattanooga is an amazing school, and I'm very excited to continue. They help me work towards and achieve my goals, have an amazing atmosphere and environment, and is in a beautiful city.

UTC is in the heart of a bustling city with events always taking place. The campus is beautiful and students often walk around to simply view the scenery, squirrels, or Starbucks. The business building received a lot of updates over the past few years, and it is easily one of the most modern buildings on campus. Overall, UTC is a great school placed in a lively city.

Rachael

I never toured or had even been to Chattanooga when I decided to further my education here. Chattanooga is a great area and has plenty of outside activities off campus to escape studying. Most of my teachers not only care about me but also my future. A year later I am almost done with my first year of college and I couldn't imagine attending school anywhere else.

Juan

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is overall an awesome school to attend. Located in downtown Chattanooga, there is access to many recreational outdoor activities, and many great businesses to visit. The campus is beautiful with many great sceneries. Education wise, it is a great school to attend.