Knoxville, TN
The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

Liz

I wouldn't really change anything

I wouldn't really change anything

I don't feel out of place but I am also the majority

Sororities-15% of the student body but greek life controls a lot

The atmosphere is the best thing about UT. For the most part, teachers attempt to help you in anyway possible. Football and basketball bring the students and faculty together with school pride.

I don't believe that the students at UT have a huge problem with any major differences among themselves. The majority of students here are from Tennessee, and many of them receive the Hope Scholarship, which is seen as unfair by some out-of-state students.

Partying is more important than studying and the sports program is better than the academics.

Greek life is big on campus. However, those who are not Greek usually perceive those that are as stuck-up and into partying more than anything else. I do not believe that these assumptions are always true.

Most of my classes are decently small and my professors know everyone in my class by name. For those classes where there are too many students to do this, TA's are very helpful.

Katie

The best thing about UT is FOOTBALL! There's nothing better than being in Neyland. The worst thing is that there are some people on campus with WAY too much drama.

That they are all rich sorority girls and boy ;)

Jason

The best think about our campus is our greek system. We have approximately 3,000 greeks out of 26-27 thousand undergrad students that hold over 75% of all leadership roles.

Seems like the student body love to complain but they do not do anything or don't have the power to do anything.

I believe that Greek life is a great system that incoming freshman need to join. Only because of the Social life that you get makes you break out of your shell and meet people. This also leads you to gain leadership skills

The thing that bothers me about UT academics is that it seems like we care about sports more than academics. A prime example of this is how we are spending 30 million on Neyland and nothing on Ayers or Estabrook which are in horrible shape/condition.

Southern Accent, Dumb, Illiterate.

Harper

The one thing that I would change at UTK would be the parking. They sell more passes than there are parking spaces.

I would say that UTK has a very diverse student body.

UTK parking services' only goal is to take money from poor college students. Pi Kappa Phi: Alpha Sigma Chapter

UTK is becoming more and more focused on the academics than it ever has been before.

The Greek life at UTK represents about 30% of the student body.

Adam

Awesome environment for a college town. A good mix of big city life and college town environment in Koxville. I like the large size student population because I am constantly meeting somebody new. There is alot of school pride especially with athletics and one major constitant complaint/ problem is the crime increase on and off campus

There is a good combination I feel of diversity on campus, and most ethnic/ religious groups in my eyes are all well represented and accepted. Not many different types of students interact, unless they are in the same class and have an assignment. There is a rift between the greeks and gdi's. Most of the students are from in state. Most students i am around are socially conservative.

I am a brother of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity

Professors know my name, sometimes. I like classes that require work but not too much. I find that students do study alot during the week, but alot of the studying is last minute cramming. I never spend time with professors outside of class, I think that the gen. ed. academic requirements at UT are a little too strict.

We drink too much party too much and treat football as a religion

Greek life is big at UT. I am involved in Pi Kappa Phi, when I lived in the dorms the doors were not really left open much. Athletic events are very popular. Dating scene is fine but I can't find a girlfriend for some reason. People party alot in the fall because of football season but not much really happens in the spring. On a saturday night you can not drink and go to a movie.

Alex

The Best thing about UTK is football and basketball season. School pride never stops at UTK.

Most students that go to UTK are from Tennessee.

Pi Kappa Phi is the best fraternity on campus The girls are gorgeous at UTK Everyone at UTK loves to drink

We drink too much and love to party

I think the education at UTK is geared more towards jobs.

Athletic events like football and basketball games are very popular here.

Adam

UTK is a great southern school rooted in tradition but still striving towards the future.

Very diverse student body with many different ethnicities and social groups.

They are more difficult than most think

Football is very important but not like everyone makes it sound

Party School, Just Care about football

Harper

The best thing about UT is the environment. The campus itself, while big, is always clean aside from the constant construction. I find that the only reason people even know where UTK is is due to the athletics programs effectively establishing Knoxville as a college town. If I could change one thing about this campus it would be NO MORE CONSTRUCTION

The student body is great. There's a group or club for everything you could possibly think of. All things Greek have something to run it that you could apply for. We have a large intramural complex and 2 recreactional complexes. Students of all types and races play sports and enjoy clubs together

The only thing I can really go off about is the university's attendence policies.

There are 26,000 people here. There's some stereotype that every student falls under but it is impossible to say concretely that "these stereotypes are accurate"

Academics at UTK are very hit or miss. It's a lottery game trying to get into classes and russian roulette trying to find a professor that won't completely screw you over. For the most part, students bust their ass but if they don't get a good professor, it's all in vain. My department is great with a few exceptions. This school has an issue with treating its students like adults in the classroom. I don't understand why I'm paying this much money for an education, and they have the nerve to tell me if I miss more than 2 classes I'm going to fail the course and that there's no such thing as an excused absence

Activities are always going on on campus. night time on campus brings events from different clubs on campus and then of course there are bars off campus. Greek life is small but influential. Greeks tend to be more involved in groups such as SGA simply because the rest of the student body is apathetic about it. The Clarence Brown theater on campus is professionally put on by hired outside actors which is good for acting students trying to gain experience. Essentially, this school is a party school so when weekends come around, partying is what 60% of the students are doing

Stereotypically, we drink a lot and we don't go to class, but of course there are those who feel UTK students help out the community through philanthropy events and environmental improvements. UTK students, as well as all college students, will always get discriminated against because of the lazy stereotype

Chad

Best thing is the environment and football season.

Best thing is the environment and football season.

Most students wear jeans to class. Some will wear a collard shirt and others just wear a t-shirt.

I know my professors names. I frequently go to office hours to get extra help and ask questions. I often get together with friends in my classes to study for exams or work on projects. My friends do compete with each other, especially if they are in the same class, but it is in a friendly natured way. There are many unique classes to take about countless topics.

Athletic events are huge, everyone on campus goes out and hangs out with their friends to watch and pre-game for sporting events. Fraternities and Sororities play a huge role in social networking, I don't have many friends that are not in my fraternity.

The University of Tennessee-Knoxville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.