Knoxville, TN
The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

Zoe

Ut is pretty big, football obsessed and most people look foward to football season all year. Academics, depending on your major are hard, harder than some other schools.

I feel as though the vast majority of female students are in a sorority, while less boys are. Most students seem very enthusiastic UT football fans. Some students seem like they are only concerned with procuring their degree

Party all the time, heavy drinkers

Not at all, although some people do this is a minority

Most of my classes are huge, over two hundred people. Because of this, professors are unable to develop relationships with students. I see this as a challenge to get recommendations for grad school and med school.

Sororitys and Fraternity s are very popular on campus. My residence hall is extreamley unfriendly however, I feel as though no one on my floor knows anyone else living there.

One thing I'd change about UT is the administration and campus police. The campus police do not protect us as much as they say. Mostly their job is to write tickets for the students not parked in the right places. Since there is no close parking to anything its hard for students to run into a building to turn something in and get back in their car. UTK is a large school but that is one of the factors that led me to choose this school. I spend most of my time on campus in the library or my friend's dorm rooms. It could be more of a college town if the under-developed areas were made safer and more friendly, more shops and resturants on the strip and so on. I believe there is a lot of school pride and resentment against the administration. Moist frequent student complaints other than about class are about the campus police.

The student body is mostly white and Tennessee or southern based. There are other types of people but not as much as many other colleges in bigger cities or more diverse areas.

I think the academics are decent on campus. The academics are challenging but not impossible.

Orange Nation and Greek life are very popular organizations around campus. Most of the time dorm room doors are closed, its not the safest environment. Athletic events are VERY popular. especially since it is free to go to the events which is a HUGE help. It definately encourages student involvement in athletics.

southern football school, preppy girls and guys, all pretty, skinny, and alcoholics. Party A LOT

Liz

I wouldn't really change anything

I wouldn't really change anything

I don't feel out of place but I am also the majority

Sororities-15% of the student body but greek life controls a lot

The atmosphere is the best thing about UT. For the most part, teachers attempt to help you in anyway possible. Football and basketball bring the students and faculty together with school pride.

I don't believe that the students at UT have a huge problem with any major differences among themselves. The majority of students here are from Tennessee, and many of them receive the Hope Scholarship, which is seen as unfair by some out-of-state students.

Most of my classes are decently small and my professors know everyone in my class by name. For those classes where there are too many students to do this, TA's are very helpful.

Greek life is big on campus. However, those who are not Greek usually perceive those that are as stuck-up and into partying more than anything else. I do not believe that these assumptions are always true.

Partying is more important than studying and the sports program is better than the academics.

Katie

The best thing about UT is FOOTBALL! There's nothing better than being in Neyland. The worst thing is that there are some people on campus with WAY too much drama.

That they are all rich sorority girls and boy ;)

Jason

The best think about our campus is our greek system. We have approximately 3,000 greeks out of 26-27 thousand undergrad students that hold over 75% of all leadership roles.

Seems like the student body love to complain but they do not do anything or don't have the power to do anything.

I believe that Greek life is a great system that incoming freshman need to join. Only because of the Social life that you get makes you break out of your shell and meet people. This also leads you to gain leadership skills

The thing that bothers me about UT academics is that it seems like we care about sports more than academics. A prime example of this is how we are spending 30 million on Neyland and nothing on Ayers or Estabrook which are in horrible shape/condition.

Southern Accent, Dumb, Illiterate.

Harper

The one thing that I would change at UTK would be the parking. They sell more passes than there are parking spaces.

I would say that UTK has a very diverse student body.

UTK parking services' only goal is to take money from poor college students. Pi Kappa Phi: Alpha Sigma Chapter

UTK is becoming more and more focused on the academics than it ever has been before.

The Greek life at UTK represents about 30% of the student body.

Adam

Awesome environment for a college town. A good mix of big city life and college town environment in Koxville. I like the large size student population because I am constantly meeting somebody new. There is alot of school pride especially with athletics and one major constitant complaint/ problem is the crime increase on and off campus

There is a good combination I feel of diversity on campus, and most ethnic/ religious groups in my eyes are all well represented and accepted. Not many different types of students interact, unless they are in the same class and have an assignment. There is a rift between the greeks and gdi's. Most of the students are from in state. Most students i am around are socially conservative.

I am a brother of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity

We drink too much party too much and treat football as a religion

Professors know my name, sometimes. I like classes that require work but not too much. I find that students do study alot during the week, but alot of the studying is last minute cramming. I never spend time with professors outside of class, I think that the gen. ed. academic requirements at UT are a little too strict.

Greek life is big at UT. I am involved in Pi Kappa Phi, when I lived in the dorms the doors were not really left open much. Athletic events are very popular. Dating scene is fine but I can't find a girlfriend for some reason. People party alot in the fall because of football season but not much really happens in the spring. On a saturday night you can not drink and go to a movie.

Alex

The Best thing about UTK is football and basketball season. School pride never stops at UTK.

Most students that go to UTK are from Tennessee.

Pi Kappa Phi is the best fraternity on campus The girls are gorgeous at UTK Everyone at UTK loves to drink

We drink too much and love to party

I think the education at UTK is geared more towards jobs.

Athletic events like football and basketball games are very popular here.

Adam

UTK is a great southern school rooted in tradition but still striving towards the future.

Very diverse student body with many different ethnicities and social groups.

They are more difficult than most think

Football is very important but not like everyone makes it sound

Party School, Just Care about football

The University of Tennessee-Knoxville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.