The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

A large Southern public university with a some great students and staff, some good professors, horrible parking (there are a lot more students than staff, yet there are five times the parking spaces for staff), horrible bureaucracy, and an inability to listen to the people that pay that truly matter (ie the students that pay the money to go here) in order to make a few wealthy almuni happy.

The University of Tennessee is a school that is full of pride. No other school in the United states is more proud of their colors. UT is also a very diverse school, which I personally love. There are people from all over to make up this great university. The school is very open to other cultures and beliefs and helps to celebrate and accept all of them.

The school may seem like it is made of entirely concrete. However, the campus at night is a wonderland, with all of the buildings lit up and the Pedestrian Walkway lined with gorgeous lamps. There are often events going on in the Spring and Summer time, as in videos playing in the Amphitheater or Pres. Courtyard.

My school is an inner community with a diversity of cultures and a fast pace environment for learning that will keep you on your toes while enriching you with the knowledge of the world through the eyes of professors who have traveled the world and have seen more than that of the average human.

While UT has a very high interest level in academics, pushing and supporting students to do their best in whatever major they choose, and sports (mainly football and basketball) , there is a place for everyone to fit, whether it be greek life, clubs or religious organizations.

Since joining the University of Tennessee I have gained access to many incredible and important resources needed for college students to excell, the University of Tennessee offers countless academic, social, cultural, and recreational events, activities and resources.

My school is very large, but if you qualify for the more advanced classes, the size of the classes decreases and the attention to the individual increases drastically, making this school large enough to socialize but small enough to feel like you have a voice.

The University of Tennessee at Knoxville is a culturally diverse, predominantly open-minded environment which inspires students to embrace their intellect as well as their individuality all while continuing the tradition of an upstanding university setting.

The University of Tennesse Knoxville is the best school I've ever attended because there are so many resources to utilize and even more friendly faces to meet; it is the right blend of rigorous school work and exciting social events.

A lovely southern bell in the mountains of Tennessee, with more school spirit than most other universities put together and some of the best football in the nation, with greatest people, classes, and more fun than you could ask for!