The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

As an athletically focused school, the University of Tennesee has the advantage of continual national and even international recognition. I think this constant public eye puts pressure on the school to guarantee an excellent academic experience. As such, the schools population consists of an amazingly diverse and yet academic talented student population that allows students to metaphorically stretch their legs. In any given day, I meet people in class or in other extra-curricular events that push me to test my knowledge and abilities. Its UT's competitive and yet relaxed environment that make it such a great school.

The University of Tennessee's history, location, diversity and school spirit make it unlike any other school. We are the Volunteers because of the great amount of brave individuals from Tennessee who volunteered to serve in all wars throughout The United States' history. It is a University in beautiful East Tennessee, in a place we like to call "Rocky Top." Fellow students include those of all races and backgrounds from all fifty states and from over one hundred other countries. Finally, it only takes one experience inside of the invigorating Neyland Stadium to want to call yourself a Vol!

What I loved about the University of Tennessee was that I could join the College of Agriculture and get started immediately in my field of study, Pre-Veterinary Medicine. Although it is an intense program, it is exciting to work with the professors and other students in the Animal Science Programs. I have assisted at a Horse Therapy farm, Speical Olympics and Humane Society. That is why the University of Tennessee is know as the Vols ....meaning Volunteers. I love the team spirit on the campus during footbal season...Go Vols! It is the best time of my life!

The University of Tennessee is by far the most spirited school I have seen. Whether you are a sorority girl, athlete, art major, law student, alumni, graduate, etc you have a love for Tennessee. People are proud to go here. The football brings us together and orange is in our blood. The Vols are in everyone's heart. Its not something that people outside of the university understand, but come visit or have a family member go here, or go here yourself and in one football saturday you will know what it is like to be a Tennessee Vol.

We're not just a party school. We have politics, varieties of entertainment, cultural diversity ( I know most schools say this, but I've met some awesome people who come from different cultural backgrouds,) and so many other things to offer. The organizations here like the Greek system have so many networking options because we're a larger school. Just being a Vol can help provide a common ground for future interviews. Our traditions and school spirit though are the most unique. You'll never find a prouder school than UT.

What makes the school unique is how many opportunities the school gives. There's plenty of things to do no matter what major you are and tons of social groups, organizations, volunteering places, etc to make you feel fit in. There were a lot of stereotypes about this school that scared me, but after being here for almost 2 years, this school breaks those stereotypes. The overall atmosphere is friendly no matter what who you are and this campus offers anything you need into one big campus of 30,000 people.

It's a HUGE football University. Over 100,000 people come to our games...if that many people come, imagine how UT's own students react? We go crazy over our team! It brings a sense of togetherness that we all share. We all go to UT, a huge University, but football is one more thing we have in common. The pride we have for our team and school. I came to UT because it has a 5 year program to getting masters degree in teaching Deaf Education. Other schools would have taken an extra 2-3 years.

I love the variety. That's the nice thing about a big school. I have vast resources at my fingertips to aid in my studies, but there are also many opportunities to do all sorts of things with friends. UT is a research university, so it is well equipped for students. Yet, being such a large campus, it also offers many fun activities. I can rent equipment to go camping or see a concert or go sign up for a white water rafting trip. It is quite unique in its diversity of opportunities.

Opportunity. I have never known any university to offer so many devices to help all of the students and instructors in many different fields. Whether it?s free technical support classes for our many different online services throughout the university or helping getting books for classes through the book loan program. The University of Tennessee sets itself apart from other universities with the several opportunities to finding help, getting help, and coming back to help others.

The University of Tennessee is deeply rooted in traditions, and the people here are so willing to help you succeed. I find that I always have someone who is willing to help me learn if I need it, and I have all of the resources I need to be successful. There are many classes to choose from in all fields of study , and all of the instructors are brilliant. Each displays excellent knowledge of what they teach and do well at communicating it to the students.