The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

Tennessee has amazing school spirit, especially on game days. There is a major sense of community. Weekends can be a bit party-based, but there is still plenty to do in surrounding Knoxville. There are lots of oppurtunities for volunteering and becoming part of the community. I love this campus. There is also "The Strip", which has any kind of fast-food or sit-down restaurant you could desire in the middle of campus.

There is a rich tradition surrounding the athletics at this school, that cannot be seen at other school around the country. When there is a football game on saturdays Neyland Stadium becomes the fourth largest city in Tennessee, and just about everyone is in orange. Just about everyone who attends the school is kind and courteous which really shows off the southern hospitality of the school.

The University of Tennessee has such a wide array of programs and majors available to its students compared to many schools I looked into. In addition they are enthusiastic about helping non-traditional students earn their degree goals. They have many pre-professional programs that not only award a degree put help the student find and prepare for an actual career field after graduating.

It is the biggest school that I thought about attending, but the most unique aspect is the history that comes with the University of Tennessee. Since I was very young, I knew that I wanted to attend UT and become one of the Vols. I have grown up wearing the colors. The university is so popular in our state and in many others, and my family is so proud of me for attending this school.

Tennessee is big enough to feel like a big school, but yet once you get involved it begins to feel so much more tight-nit and smaller. If I wanted to go out and meet new people I would have that opportunity every day of if I wanted to get involved with one organization and make that organization feel like my smaller campu environment than I could.

My school is like a city in itself. Everything you need and all of the people that you could want to meet are all here. There is always something to do from intramural sports to relaxing at the UC and bowling. The only reason that anyone could ever be bored or flunk out is from their own misfortune.

The University of Tennessee allows a wide variety of majors and minors. There is new equipment and buildings for some of the schools, such as business. The school also had resources for any medical or health science major since there is a medical center very close with University affiliation.

What's uniques about U.T. in Chattanooga is that it is large enough to offer a wide array of opportunities in athletics, intramurals activities, Greek life iand of course a huge amount of educational opportunities , but small enough to offer a small student to teacher ratio.

The University of Tennessee is unique in it's diversity. I feel very at home at that university and after visiting many others I knew that was the place for me. The university aims at making sure that every student feels included and is free to express him/herself.

It is larger than the other schools I considered. Its size allows its students to interact with many different types of people, whether those differences be based on physical appearance, personality traits, or personal opinions or ideas.