The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

nothing :)

Delta Zeta

Delta Zeta

DELTA ZETA

size

Delta Zeta is the sorority that I'm involved with. I came to UTK with no other girls from my high school. Although some girls might be worried about the cost of a sorority, it is so worth it! My closest friends (and future bridesmaids--whenever I find a man) are in Delta Zeta and I cannot imagine my life with out it. It has enabled me to be so much more outgoing and find a group of people to show off my leadership skills to. I was the House and Suite Chairman from 2006-2007 and I was just recently one of the lead actors for the annual skit show called Carnicus just a week ago. I could not image myself acting infront of 800 people before joining Delta Zeta. Joining any sort of sorority is a good move for any girl wanting an amazing group of friends.

The greatest contributions to my time at UTK have been the well rounded education, my sorority friends, and the great town. UTK curriculum encourages students to accept new ideas and think "outside the box." One of the greatest classes I have taken was Anthropology. This class was a nice change from the business class curriculum. I joined Delta Zeta as a sophomore and I have made so many friends. I spend time with them both in and out of class. They are a constant support system. Last, but not least is Knoxville. This is a wonderful town to live, work, and play. The city makes many efforts to keep that community vibe with Boom's Day, Sundown in the City, and free concerts in the park. I have had the best times of my life in Knoxville.

I think the area surrounding campus is getting pretty shady. I don't remember there being nearly as many incidences of violence last school year as there have been this year. It's worrisome. I also wish there were more Lat Night T buses and operators. I know on a few nights on weekends, I've called the T up into the 80s and 90s of times trying to get it to come pick us up. Sometimes they'll answer and other times they won't. It really isn't safe to have girls wandering around The Fort at night, and yet it happens all the time because The T won't answer.

Its complete crap to get in trouble for being in a dorm room with alcohol and NOT drinking. Because of that you have to take an alcohol diversion program class. by the name it is suppose to divert you from alcohol, but how can you really do that if you weren't drinking? exactly. UTK has a lot of great things to offer, but there needs to be more sections of classes and a new way of student tickets to basketball games.

Without Delta Zeta I would not be an involved student, I would be just another name and face in the crowd. By joining DZ I became active in other organizations and know that there are always sisters in whatever event I am participating in to be there to join in the experience with me and support me in whatever I am doing. My sorority has become my support system, by backbone which empowers me to be a better person.