The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

None of them are. I feel that I have an active social life, am a member of a sorority, and go out on weekends, but all in moderation. I have good grades, and honestly on most days during the week the library is much more full than the bars are. Yeah, there are hardcore partiers, but every college has them. One reason I love UT is that there IS always something new and fun to do, BUT you have to know when to get to work also. About the football one: I don't like football, and I feel that I manage just fine knowing and caring nothing about it. Class size: Not at all. Though I am an art major and class size is generally kept tiny, the majority of my classes are 30 people are smaller. And even if they are large, most teachers will help you if you just ask.

Relatively accurate. You are in the South, you are at an SEC school. There are bound to be those types of people at ANY of the schools down here. However, there is definitely a large counterculture here. It is, after all, still the State flagship school.

Students are appreciative of our orange and white colors and we like to have a good time, but come to UT to get an education, granted not all departments guide their students as well as they should. It is not easy to get into UT...not at all.

Sports by far have seemed to be a focus for the school with most new structures being sports facilities when there is a greater need to more sufficient dorms and classrooms.

No, there is a lot more to UTK that just partying. There is awesome school pride and we have many intelligent students who study a lot!

No, yes we do have our share of parties and yes we can get pretty loud and excited on game days....but UTK has so much more to offer.

no. there are a few rednecks here and there, and we do like to party, but it's not as heavy as the stereotypes make it to be.

Knoxville is a dirty city, but the students are not dirty. It is getting harder and harder to get into UTK every year.

Absolutely not. I've met some of the smartest people I know here and I know a good number of people that don't party.

no, not all students party throughout the week. In fact, I've made more friends who refrain from drinking.