The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

The University of Tennessee has an extraordinary essence. Everyone at my school has the Volunteer spirit, which means he or she is a driven intellectual willing to help others in need, honor our University's history, and give his or her all for Tennessee! At The University of Tennessee, we work hard everyday and reward ourselves through our activities, such as supporting our football team at Neyland Stadium, participating in clubs ranging from Greek organizations to the UT Outdoor Program, and staying in shape at the Tennessee Recreational Center for Students. It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!

The University of Tennessee in Chattanooga has the academic excellence of a large school and the one-on-one attention needed for students of a small school. The facilities are state of the art, the requirements for excellent for competency in the job market and the "real world" after graduation. Regarding the students at this facility, they come from all walks of life - regarding race, age, gender, socioeconomics and religion. I feel free to express myself and have meshed with an outstanding group of peers. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending my school to others.

There's no greater feeling than standing and chanting in a stadium alongside 100,000 screaming fans and gazing at the rolling tide of an orange sea. Faces painted and chests bare in the chilly autumn, these students and alumni represent the deep love and support for one of the greatest SEC football teams. The University of Tennessee Vols unite a campus of 30,000, inspiring and encouraging teamwork and excellence. Our exclamation "I am proud to be a Tennessee Vol" echoes with my peers and draws people from all states who wish to proudly chant its sacred syllables.

While I'd love to brag about our amazing academics or even the fun and continually offered extra-curricular stuff, It would be hard to top our amazing sports programs. Our basketball program is top notch! Even after loosing four of our players to some rather unfortunate circumstances, we were still able to succeed on the court. I'll fight for our football as well, even if its looking a little precarious. Loosing our head coach, Lane Kiffin, is definitely detrimental , but I think our basketball team has proven how tough we can be. GO VOLS!

I always talk about all of the activities and things to do in Knoxville. I come from a small town with very little to do, so Knoxville blew me away. There is always a lecture, concert, play, or any other form of entertainment. I love going out after class and visiting open mic night or going to a lecturer from another university come and speak about politics or a subject related to my major. Of course, there are always sporting events and activities on Pedestrian Walkway (a large walkway where all advertising and campus groups organize).

I usually brag about the school spirit that everyone has on and around campus. On game days all you can see is the color orange! Some people even call it "the sea of orange". Everyone gets very involved in the activites on campus. Our Alumni continue coming back and supporting the Volunteers! The first college I attended was very small and the student activites were slim. When I transferred to UT the first thing I noticed was how envolved everyone was and all the activities that went along with being a Volunteer!

We are ranked in the top 100 best schools in the nation. We have so many chances for people to get out and learn in their field of study by classroom lectures, studying aboard while earning credit towards your degree, peer study groups, a writing center that helps you in the right direction when writing papers, and of course, we have the best women's & men's basketball coaches you will ever find. The University of Tennessee might be a little costly, but it is worth ever penny you are investing into your future.

Our athletic program of course :) I also love to talk about the feeling of academia you get when you step onto campus. There are many students hard at work here and many brilliant professors eager to teach what they are most passionate about. We have access to anything you would need as a college student here. A great library, career services, study abroad opportunities, on and off-campus living, great restaurants and recreation in Tennesee's mountains and rivers, gyms, religious organizations, etc.!

Most of my friends from high school went out of state for college, but I think staying on campus was the greatest choice I could have made. The resourses found at UT are unbelievable. Lots of people have the idea that a state school means a less impressive education, but I have been provided with things like free tutoring and a close commute if I want to go home for the weekend. I feel so lucky to have chosen a great education without leaving myself in debt for years after graduation.

My experience at UT has been positive and rewarding. The University of Tennessee strives to accomodate every student as an individual and offers numerous services, resources, majors, minors, advisors and councelors to help make the college transition easier and college years more successful. I am proud to say I attend the University of Tennessee and will be even more thrilled when I can say I earned my degree from UT after I graduate.