The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Some stereotypes that I heard before I came here (since I am from so far away), is that UT is a party school. Everyone that comes to visit says they couldn't go to school and succeed here due to the active social scene and how there is always something exciting happening to take away from study time. Another stereotype is that everyone likes football. Another is that the class size is so large teachers won't be able to accomodate each student.

It's a party school that is reflected around sports and sports activities. It is also a school where there is a large greek social atmosphere as well.

A lot of people think that UTK is a big party school and that we are loud and obnoxious and that all we care about is football.

That we are a party school. Honestly, we don't party more than any other college. We work and study just as hard as we party.

Soroity girls are rich, slutty, stuck up, dumb blondes. Frat guys just want some and then they'll forget about you

Rich, preppy, materialistic people who live off their parents money and do nothing but party it away at UT

Partying is more important than studying and the sports program is better than the academics.

UTK is a party school and that anyone can get in as incoming Freshman or transfer student.

UTK is super into football, the students aren't smart, everyone drinks to excess

A lot of people feel like UTK students are huge party kids that don't work hard.