The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The only stereotype I have ever heard about UTK and UTK students is that we are all alcoholics that start drinking at 8 in the morning on the weekends...and every other day of the week for that matter.

I believe that there is a stereotype that UTK students are not challenged and educated well at the University of Tennessee. I also feel that people believe that UTK is not very diversified.

Well if it is from the north that we are stupid and we don't wear shoes. Don't know where that one comes from? I think everyone else from the south doesn't really have a problem with us.

When I was a freshman it was that we were a good party school, but after working for the admissions office with Orange Pride I found out how we were actually competing academically too.

Many people think since we are from the south we are less educated. The Univeristy is known fo the "Big Orange Screw" and makes it hard for students to graduate within four years.

Growing up in Tennessee, a lot of people just assumed that UT was a party school and that everyone and their brother attended there. It's also well known for it's sports programs.

Honestly, I don't think that there are UTK stereotypes. Or maybe I am just not aware of them...I think we have a quite a diverse campus, really something for everyone here!

I believe some stereotypes are that UTK is a party school and that all of our students are drinkers. Also, there's the stereotype of that our parents pay for everything,.

UTK students are all known to be people who party and go out to get drunk all the time. A person cannot have a great college experience without drinking and partying.

some stereotypes are that fraternities and sororities are only about social events and partying when really they are about sisterhood/brotherhood and philanthropies.