The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Many people think that because its a public Tennessee school that the education and academic level are lower than other schools.

That UTK is only into sports and that we are a party school. That UTK students drink 24/7 and don't really care about grades.

I think a huge stereotype is that we are white conservative Christians. We don't ever study and all we care about is sports.

Large Greek System, predominantly white, not very smart, country- wears cowboy hats, boots, and belt buckles everywhere

that they do nothing but party and do not care about academics, also that we only care about football and basketball

I'm not really too sure about any stereotypes, besides that we are all supposed to be really smart and studious?

They aren't as classy as other students in the southeast. This may be due to the behavior of our football fans.

everyone parties a lot, everyone is obnoxious when it comes to sports, we will sing rocky top whereever we go

Everyone is a crazed football fan. Most people are in a sorority or fraternity and thus preppy and conceeded

I have heard that UTK is a party school with drunks as students, i have heard that UTK is trashy and dirty.