The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

The University of Tennessee is for any students that wants a quality education and experience the "college atmosphere." A person that wants to have fun, be in a semi-diverse population of 25,000, and enjoy the four seasons that Tennessee receives. The teachers are selected among the best in the states and have exceptional research in their respected fields. Also, the Greeks are on the best ways to expand your leadership potential and also have sisters/brothers for your college career. The athletics at UT is amazing, expecially football games at Neyland Stadium with over 100,000 screaming fans.

The University of Tennessee is a great school for Tennessee residents. It is a terrific bargain; great university, with lots of financial assistance available for in-state students. I am from out-of-state, so I don't qualify for those benefits. However, The University fof Tennessee is a good fit for me because it offers outstanding academic programs, complimented by a plethera of opportunities for students to become involved in social, service, and professional activities. UT has all of the advantages of a major university while maintaining the small college intimacy.

The University of Tennessee is best suited for people who like a crowd. Although the college is large, the University does have hundreds of individual groups and clubs a student can join based on their interests to meet new people. A Vol likes finding their place in the "big" atmosphere and is able to function without extreme amounts of professor assistance. To sum this up, a University of Tennessee student would have the confidence to function and find thier place at a college that literally prepares them for finding their place and functioning soley in the world.

A person who is open to all the possibilities that life has to offer should attend this university. Do not come with a closed mind, because the possibilities that are offered are tremendous. Whether it be sports, religion, academics, or social endeavors, the expanse of opportunities offered are limitless. Due to its proximity to the smokey mountains, there is a strong gathering of people who love the outdoors. And though Knoxville is not a large city, it offers just the right amount of social interaction through it's campus side "strip" or the old city.

Since the University of Tennesee is such a large public school, it has a really diverse pool of "typical students". Someone who is interested in sports, particularly football, would love UTK. Someone who is very much interested in greek life would love UTK. Someone who wants a large college campus or a college campus near or in a city would love UTK. Someone who loves hiking or rock climbing or other outdoor sports would love UTK. Someone who loves doing research would love UTK. UTK offers opportunities for almost any interest or passion.

UT is a good school for someone who likes people of all types, because there are so many people here. Well rounded students because the campus offers a bunch of clubs and activities for all interests. UT is good for students who want to push themselves in school the programs here are fast paced and hard to get into, you know you will be educated throughly. Students that are interested in sports are encouraged to come but it is not a big deal if that is not your thing. This school is also great for people who like the city.

Anybody really can. What's important about this school is that it is exactly what you make it. I know people who came here purely to party, and that is what they are doing and plenty of it, especially in the sororities and fraternities. However, if you want to learn as much as you can and get started on research, there are plenty of venues to do that, as long as you are willing to put forth the effort. I'm a sophomore, doing research in what I plan to be my future career. You just have to stay focused.

Being a rather large school, it is easy to fall behind without much notice from anyone. So, if you want to succeed at the University of Tennessee, some self-motivation is required. That isn't to say there is no help, but you have to seek it out. The professors will not baby you and slap your wrist if your grades start slipping. There is also a lot of social activity so it's easy to be distracted. You must be goal-oriented but able to have fun, as well. It is college afterall.

In my opinon, a person who is not bery interested in being serious about their studies. Mostly middle class and white describe the student body as a whole. East Tennesseans are the majority, and sometimes it feels like it is the University of Knoxville. West Tennesseans should look closer at Ole Miss if they can afford it. A person can do very well in school with minimal effort (which most students do not give), so if a person is looking for a sky high gpa UT is for you.

The type of student who should attend this university is someone who is willing to put in long hours of study, commit to achieve higher goals academically, contribute to the community of which the University of Tennessee is a part of, and encourage fellow students to do the same while achieving personal goals and ambitions of higher education and establishing a promising and worthwhile career.