The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

People who are shy and do not easily make new friends will struggle on this campus with making friends or feeling like they fit in. Also, people who are not responsible and assertive for finding out information for themselves will have problems staying on track with their classes to graduate on time or to fill out the correct forms for getting into programs or getting scholarships, etc. The counselor are not very good so you have to do most of your education planning yourself. Also, it is really hard to find out information about anything so you must be persistant.

I would say the kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is somebody who does not enjoy being in condensed area with a high population. I also wouldn't suggest coming here if you don't like physical excercise between classes. If you're expecting to come to college and act exactly like you did in high school, don't attend UT. They may have a reputation for letting everybody in but there are plenty of people who are dropping out at the end of first semester because they never did any work or couldn't keep up.

Someone who is not willing to put forth effort to flourish should not attend this school. This instituition respects its student body and expects repsect in return. There are a plethora of opportunities to get involved and be an active student as well as a helper to the community. If someone does not want to participate in interesting endeavors or does not seek a quality education, then they should not consider the University of Tennessee to spend the educational career.

I believe that almost anyone could benefit from attending The University of Tennessee. Our school offers a large variety of majors and is highly accredited in the state of Tennessee. However, if someone were to be planning on working in a field that did not require a college degree, or if it were better suited for them to attend a technical school for that job then that would be the only reason I think The University of Tennessee would not be beneficial to them.

A person who is very serious about school should not attend the University of Tennessee PERIOD. One who wants a traditional college town should look for another place. UT is in a very urban enviornment. I have noticed that minority students, especially black ones, are singled out and discriminated against quite frequently by students and police. However faculty and staff tend to be very supportive of minorities.

A person who does not want to come to school and work hard. A person who has been given everything they have ever wanted and never had to work hard for anything in their life. A person who simply comes here to party and skip classes. These people should not be allowed; they prevent others who want to learn from accomplishing their dreams of being a student at The University of Tennessee.

I cannot think of a single category of persons that should not, or would not want to attend this university. All of the groups, political, social, religious, and cultural are well represented here. We have strong diversity in our athletic programs as well as our academic programs. For every person on this Earth, there is a place to fit in here at the University of Tennessee.

Any person who is very introverted or "stuck" in their comfort zone should not attend this university. Even in my first semester, in the general education classes, I was required to break out of my shell and interact with the other classmates for nearly every part of class. Anything from emailing papers to be reviewed, to having conversations in Spanish, we had to do early on.

This is not a school for someone looking for a "big-city" experience. Knoxville, while not a small town, lacks a lot of the features of larger cities. Much of the city is based around the campus itself, which is great for those looking to live on-campus, but transit to other parts is limited at best. While there is an arts community, it is somewhat stifled.

Anyone who is truly satisfied with their life should not attend this school. This university is ideal for anyone who wishes to better themselves along with others. We make dreams become reality at this university. Anyone who has accepted this life as the best should be left with this life while others make improvements to theirs.