The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

This could probably be said for more than one college in the United States, but, especially for a freshman in college, it is very frustrating for me to not be able to find the information I need when I need it. That is to say, I wish that the University's website displayed more helpful information than it already does.

The most frustrating thing about UT is trying to graduate on time. The budget cuts at the school have forced the system to cut a lot of seats in gen-ed courses and cut/combine entire degree branches. Also, it is hard to create a schedule when most required courses past gen-ed are being offered only at one time.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Tennessee would probably be the food situation on the weekends. On Saturday and Sunday none of the on campus dining areas are open after 2:00. On the weekdays all of the on campus dining areas, except the one on the very edge of campus, closes at 6:00.

I am not extremely frustrated with anything on this campus or with the school but i suppose that the layout could have been planned a little better. There is an ADD campus that is a bit far away that makes getting to those classes a bit more difficult but all in all this school is amazing.

Being a Vol rarely becomes frustrating. The main problems stem from lack of parking and increases in tuition. These are problems that are frustrating about 98% of colleges, so I do not believe that, in comparison, they are frustrations that make the University of Tennessee a bad choice.

The administartion is a huge problem. They are reffered to as the 'Big Orange Screw' for a reason. They go out of their way to obstruct the students in order to get a bigger paycheck. They have yet to work hard enough for the paychecks they get now.

Some of the African American students on campus tend to gravitate towards each other, insead of students of other ethnic backgrounds and it hinders the amount of diversity we could potentially have; but dispite that UT is still a very diverse campus.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that it seems like all of the professors/lecturers/graduate assistants seem to schedule tests around the same time, which makes it impossible for most students to adequately study for each test.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably the length of time it takes to get into contact with someone of authority, especially the Financial Aid office and the Transportation/Parking department.

I am disappointed with the quality of the on-campus housing when you compare it to what is available off-campus for the same price. Also there is a strong no alcohol policy, even if you are over 21.