The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

I wish i had known how big it was class wise and overall. it was quite overwelming the first day and seeing that you were in a class of 300 students. Also as a result from a such a large class size you don't have a sense of closeness with your teachers as you did in high school.

I wish I had known all the efforts I needed to put into doing well in my classes. I would have worked harder to obtain my goals. I wish I would have known who to talk to about getting connected with different groups and events so that I could meet new people and make new friends.

Before I actually moved in the first day, I wish I had know that there was going to be so much walking so that I could prepare and bring a bicycle. I also wish that I had know how crazy it really is on game day so that I could prepare for all the craziness I would encounter.

I wish I knew how big sorority and fraternity life was at this school. I most definitely would have rushed, even if I didn't like any of the sororities. It's a great way to meet people your first few weeks at the school. It's hard to make friends if you don't rush.

Before coming to this school, I wish I knew how important it was to make friends at the beginning of each semester so that you have others to hang out with for the rest of the semester. It is harder to make friends mid-semester than it is in the first week or two.

Try to have an overall idea of the field that you want to get into and do research on the types of job available to that fieldof study. Follow your DARS report when scheduling classes, and take advising when EXTREME caution. Have fun & enjoy it!

Before coming to this school I wish I had known how much construction the campus is undergoing right now. It seems that everywhere you turn there is a torn down building and a crane. The noise is obnoxious and it takes away from the campus' beauty.

I really wish I had known how much entering as a freshman would benefit my college experience in the long run. Don't go to a local college then plan on going to a big state university later. Doesn't work out.

MORE, CHEAPER parking, PLEASE!!! I mean come on honestly, I realize that this university is in the middle of a city, but I know that there are plenty of oppritunities for parking areas!

Before attending college, I wished I had known how to better manage my time. In high school, keeping up with multiple classes was fairly easy. College , however, is very different.