The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

« See more reviews of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

A variety of extracurricular activities. The campus is lively because there is always an event happening on a daily basis. The best thing about my school is you can take advantage of all the opportunities (in terms of joining and bringing a positive change to any academic organization or social club). You can learn a lot from the lectures given by award-winning professors, successful businessmen, charity organizations leaders, company professionals from any field. Students should definitely develop their networking skills in order to get good internships at good companies that might provide full time jobs in future. Stay involved!

The best thing about the University of Tennessee Knoxville is the diverse opportunities it provides to its' large student body. Aside from our superb Athletic and Academic programs, Study Abroad, Internships, and Career Planning also provide great services that can broaden your educational horizons if you take advantage of them. The friendly atmosphere here also make campus enjoyable. Many students are very driven to do well and have collectively created a supporting environment for everyone to do the same, from incoming freshman to graduate students. I absolutely love my school.

There are so many thing that are great about my university, but if I had to choose one thing that I love most about our school, it would be the large amount of diversity that we have. There are people from so many different ethnical and cultural backgrounds, and so much that we can learn from them. The University of Tennessee prides themselves on their students being open to and accepting of others with different backgrounds, and people that have ideals different from yourself. The campus has such a welcoming environment, and that is why I enjoy being here.

The fact that you can make this school what you want it to be. This taught me how to set my priorities. I no longer need my mother hanging over my shoulder, telling me to do my homework. It is a tough thing to learn, but I feel that it is very important. I also think that the proffessors here truely care about their undergraduate students, particularly in the psychology department. They really go out of their way to make themselves available, sometimes staying as late as 9 pm just so you can meet about something you're curious about.

The University of Tennessee's best feature is its devotion to serving others. The very mascot of this selfless institution is the Volunteer, a tribute to Davy Crockett's bold service to the struggle at The Alamo. Consequently, UT faculty and staff strongly encourage leadership and service not only to the local and national community but also to the world itself. For instance, I spent my first year in a leadership community, living and studying alongside students who share a vision of hope and help for the dissadvantaged and hopeless.

There are many oppurtunities for students here because of the environment around us. UT is located in the busy city of Knoxville (which is great for job opportunities), but the rural farm areas and beautiful Appalachian mountains are just a short drive away. Ut is also extremely diverse pertaining to the student body. I think this is great because being around such a diverse community made me learn about other people's culture and I grew to understand and respect their views.

I think the best think about UTK is the sheer amount of people and different interests. There is a little something for everyone here, whether it be the Outdoor Program, Intramural Sports, Fraternities and Sororities, or Volunteering. Each person has a place here, and new clubs and groups are created all the time. There are also many different majors that interest a variety of people. So many talented people in one school create a wonderfully diverse and unique environment.

The unity of the student body at the University at Tennessee has been the best thing I have experienced so far. We stand together as a student body and look out for each other. It is easy to find study groups on campus and get help from other students. The students at the University of Tennessee strive for success together as to follow the logic two heads are better than one. Any student feels immediately bonded and unified when we join in singing Rocky Top together.

The University of Tennessee strives very diligently to ascertain that students are exposed to a global outlook. There are several study abroad opportunities as well as extensive education and training in how to communicate well with humans from an array of backgrounds and cultures. I am pleased to know that UT believes this is a very important and valuable aspect to humanity because every career contains some form of communicaton to all humans.

The best thing about my school is that it is a very good research institute. The engineering department is spectacular. The choices we have open to us as far as major and minors we can choose is very large. I am disappointed that there is no theology department though, although there is a religious studies course that I am taking, but its more like a sociology course than a class about God.