The University of Tennessee-Knoxville Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

Natasha

The school is amazing, there is plenty of resources available for anything you could possibly need. The classrooms are very modernized with great devices to help with learning such as the huge projector screens and paneling on the ceilings to help sound travel although the classroom. All professors I've had have been very accommodating and want to help you succeed.

Emma

Absolutely love it! Football is giving me weekly heart attacks and anxiety attacks, but counseling is readily available! The meal plan could use some revision in the amount of money we get at restaurants, and more cafeterias would be awesome, however, the gluten free food is great!

Mara

UTK is a good place to find something new. No matter who you are or what you've done, there's something new on campus for you. There are weekend adventure programs, abundant parties (did someone say Thirsty Thursday?), and plenty of classes in which to learn and explore new things. If you are picking a school based on academia, this may not be the one for you. However, college is the time for new experiences and exploration. If that's what you're looking for, come take a tour. Fall in love with our campus just like everyone else here has.

tori

The University of Tennessee is a school with much diversity and offers many opportunities for any students willing to take them. The large campus size allows a great variety of students and the ease to fit in anywhere. Although the social life is great, the school is very determined to be great academically and does so through the various resources and easy accessibility to professors.

Ben

The University of Tennessee is by far one of the top state schools in Tennessee. If athletics are your thing, then UTK is the school for you. their teams are constantly succeeding at the higher levels. Our academics are good as well. they have one of the few veterinarian medicine programs in the country. They are the only well-known program in Tennessee. Overall the atmosphere of UTK is welcoming. Southern hospitality is put on display at this gorgeous campus. If you are looking for a great campus to get an education from, then look no further than The University of Tennessee.

Gloria

I graduated from UTK in 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. I absolutely love this University! I feel I got an excellent education and yet had plenty of various opportunities to explore extracurricular activities--many of which were still academically based. I would definitely recommend attending the University of Tennessee in Knoxville!

Brooke

There’s nothing like UTK! The faculty and staff are phenomenal and the academic resources are great and very useful. Student life is alive and thriving. Football time in Tennessee is what everyone is looking forward to every fall. The university offers a little bit of everything to serve all sorts of students

Grace

I love this University and do not regret my decision to come here. The classes and programs are excellent, and there are multiple occasions to get involved socially and politically. On campus housing is decent but there are a lot of problems that are hard to get fixed.

They offer a lot of awesome facilities and really care about their students, but they milk everyone of their money. You can't do anything on campus without having to pay for it. The dorms are relatively nice and eventually all of the dorms will be new! I'm staying in Massey, which is a community style housing and it is not too shabby!

Laine

My overall opinion of The University of Tennessee, is a good one! There is always something going on campus or around it. It is an area that is known for their dedicated fans and spirit. This school is more than I thought it could be. I am proud to be a Tennessee Vol!

Shawnna

The University of Tennesee is a place where students who attend have the opportunity to actually learn and grow. You're captured in the environment around you which includes student-athletes, intellectuals, and season professors who know what it's like and will do whatever to help. I'm only an 18-year-old Sophmore and I'm already certain than choosing The University of Tennesee as my school is the best decision I've ever made.

Lavonne

Where else could anyone be than at my university? In all, The atmosphere is beautiful . I love it so much I'm considering taking summer class there. The academic tutoring services, the campus energy, the "Big Orange" school spirit, and the vast amount of extracurricular activities makes it hard for anyone to complain. Four years goes by fast here, Its like I'm already almost done.

Mikayla

Great! You have a lot of opportunities to get involved around campus. I enjoy the many activities to do. The school food could be much better and the teachers that are involved in the science department could act like they care. Other than that I give UTK many thumbs up. Go VOLS!

Tionna

I like my school, while we are not perfect, the school is a great school. The professor are usually helpful and our school spirit is very vibrant. I guess their biggest concern is to make sure that they create a safe space for all students and with some recent events, they have a little work to do.

I absolutely adore the University, it is a great place to be. Not only is the school just straight up beautiful, but all the other things like classes and study tools are extremely helpful. There is something for everyone at the University of Tennessee. No matter what, you can find a group to be apart of. I wouldn't change my decision for any school ever.

Although Greek life is a large aspect here at UT Knoxville, there are plenty of other organizations and extracurriculars available for those (like me) who are not interested in that side of college life. Academics are rigorous enough, but you can find time for other activities. The food here is possibly the best - countless options are made available to us. The only drawback I can find for attending UTK is that the campus is typically safe, but the outskirts can be sketchy - always travel in pairs or groups.

Overall, the University of Tennessee is a fair college. Most students are actively involved in class and extracurricular activities, and the campus facilities are nice. Science and math programs are held in high esteem, but most other school programs leave much to be desired.

Dawson

the University of Tennessee Knoxville (UTK), is an incredible school. the university always finds ways to incorporate the entire campus community in something. there are many outreach programs to the community as well. my only complaint is that they are not a transfer-friendly institution in that they do not accept all credits that are transferred over.

Amber

As an entering freshman into UTK's class of 2021, I can say that I am already enthralled by the campus and the people. Everyone is helpful and kind, the facilities are clean and fresh, and staff and faculty are always looking to help a student in need. I know that I won't need to worry about a thing besides my own work habits.

Robert

I believe the University of Tennessee is a great place to seek a higher education. However, I believe some improvements could be made such as expanding the list of majors they offer. The campus itself is very safe despite a few rape and sexual assaults that have occured.

University of Tennessee is not a bad school. At first, I thought it was going to be a typical state university where you can just fly through college, but no. It is more difficult and definitely challenges you to a whole other level, both academically politically. The teachers are pretty engaging, even though you have your handful that could care less about your education. The class sizes are pretty big, but so is the campus. The only thing I would change is the landscape. It is mainly sidewalks and road, except for one outdoor amphitheater. Other than that, it is a good school.

Danielle

I absolutely love my school. I have become very comfortable and familiar with the city of Knoxville, and now consider it my home. The only part I don't enjoy is paying out of state tuition! But of course this is something you can change for yourself. Apply for scholarships follow your dreams!

Bridgette

The University of Tennessee is an incredible school. You don't feel just feel another number of almost 30,000 students, but like an integral part of the university. It is filled with great opportunities, resources, and supportive staff to help you launch a great career. It features large, new facilities and hundreds of extra-curricular activities. Sports, especially football, are huge at UT. The school spirit is incredible, and tradition is a very important part of campus culture.

Katilyn

I toured a lot of colleges my senior year of high school trying to figure out where the best fit for me would be. I am happy to say I found that fit at the University of Tennessee. As an SEC school, football is everything. Neyland Stadium lights up with the roar of us students under those stadium lights on Saturdays. Its basically what you live for in the fall and with $10 student tickets (the cheapest in the SEC) you better be there or be square. When you're not cheering the Vols on to victory, you're in class studying hard to become what you've always dreamed. I've been impressed with the learning environment at this university. It has made me open my mind up to new ideas and is constantly challenging me to be a more well rounded individual. If you're lucky, between school and extracurricular activities, you'll be able to explore the great outdoors that surround this campus. Less than an hour away is the Great Smokey Mountains. If you need a place to unwind and relax, this is your place. With wildlife, hiking trails, and recreational opportunities, it is the perfect place to get away from campus life. I've loved my time at UT thus far and couldn't imagine myself living anywhere else the next four years.

remon

Rocky Top You'll Always be Home Sweet Home to me, Good old Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee. I'll give my all for Tennessee today. Here at UT, we bleed orange baby!!! Everything we do involves traditions and school spirit. It is impossible to walk a day on campus without seeing orange, orange is such a beautiful color here at UT. We are one on Saturday football, we all bleed orange and cry out white. This is BIG ORANGE COUNTRY BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Juan

It's great to be a Volunteer! There are so many opportunities for you. The school provides plenty of different resources to guide you throughout your college career. There are also multiple events throughout the year to be involved in, ranging from discussions about current events to special performances by guests to different themed fairs. The biggest attraction would definitely be the football season. Once you sing along to the famous Rocky Top song while showing off that white and orange color during a "Checker Neyland" game, you'll know the true Volunteer experience!

Jordyn

The University of TN is a big campus, but it feels like a small, hometown college. There are plenty of opportunities for a student to get involved at the university and feel at home. There’s something for everyone, whether your interests be academic, artistic, sporty.

nicholas

overall, university of Tennessee, Knoxville, is a well rounded school that has a lot to offer any individual who is looking for a balanced education. if there is one thing that anyone needs to know is that Tennessee football is life and you can expect to see a lot of orange.

Cody

The Atmosphere at UT is that of a small town trying to be a big city. Everybody knows your name and treats you as a relative and anything football related gains you massive amounts of brownie points, lacking in the diversity department but making up for it with southern hospitality, Tennessee is the place to be.

Kari

Although I am an out-of-state student coming to a large university, I was easily able to make friends and quickly adjusted both to living on my own and to managing my work load. I believe that part of this was due to the fact that I am an architecture major and therefore see a lot of the same people everyday, however I also feel that the university is incredibly friendly regardless. The campus is not extremely diverse, but students are extremely open-minded and friendly. There are of course some ultra-conservative groups of students, but for the most part I never noticed or heard of any aggressive tendencies from such people. As an architecture major, I have a unique experience because some of my classes can be up to four hours long with only about 10-13 other students. My professors have been both reliable and quick to reply. The location itself is great as well. There is a free trolley that stops at several places on campus and goes downtown where you can find the movie theater, a bunch of delicious restaurants, and a farmer's market on Saturday's.

This is a great school for my education. I am glad that I chose The University of Tennessee. There are so many resources available to me to help me succeed and you can tell the professors want you to succeed. There are many clubs and activities to do on campus, the most fun and largest is football games. Go Vols!

Jasmine

The University of Tennessee Knoxville is an extraordinary university. With it being a public university there is plenty of diversity and opportunity within as well as beyond the academic environment that the university offers. The campus is full of life no matter the day of the week. This is most likely due to it's 12 residence halls the house over 7,000 students. While the environment of Rocky Top is never less than vivacious, there is no days like game days. When 102,455 fans stands in Neyland stadium to cheer the Vols to victory. Being in the heart of the south, you will always be in good company with Volunteers at the University of Tennessee. Personally, I have many pleasant conversations on the elevator with both students and staff of the university. The one I found to be the most impact was with a man that worked for the University. He asked both my friend and me about how our year on campus had been, then told us to enjoy it while it last. His most memorable advice was, "while the things that you're learning inside the classroom are important, the things you're learning outside that's what is going to matter the most". At the University of Tennessee, I honestly believe we are receiving a well-rounded education both in and out of the classroom. These connections I'm making and experiences I'm having both professional and personal will have a lastly positive impact on my life.

I think that the school is great if you are from the area and do not want to leave. I also think that the science and business schools are great, but for my arts and humanities focused major, the university is a little lacking. I would like to see the school focus more on different areas of study, such as the arts or media, and a little less on sports.

Christian

I entered the University of Tennessee as a transfer student and I feel in love with the university. The culture of UTK is so massive, and immersive as a student. The huge football games, the continuous pride, and the constant view of the beautiful Appalachian Mountians sold me. I love UTK, because the school's culture is so welcoming. I am, and always will be a Vol!

Greg

I cannot imagine being any happier with a school than I am right now. In short, I love this place. I love it so much I'm staying for the Summer. I love the academics, the campus vibe, the school spirit, the location, the extracurriculars, I really can't complain about anything. Four years will go quickly here, I can't believe year 1 is almost done.

Alexus

This is a great school if you are into massive environment and big game days. UT Knoxville has a wide variety of majors to choose from. Also, there are several fraternities and sororities for students who are interested in Greek life. In addition, there are several clubs and organizations for all students of different lifestyles and cultures to get involved in.

Big Orange Country, the first thought that comes to mind. Whether you're looking to challenge yourself or get by with little effort look no further than the University of Tennessee. You can party or you can spend the night in. To me, The University of Tennessee is home.

Morgan

I am so ready to be a volunteer. Each moment I spent after my tour was pure excitement as to what other information I could inquire about the school. High school graduation cannot come soon enough!

Kirstine

I love UT!! The campus is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the academics and campus life are both awesome. Football games, concerts, and all kinds of entertainment are present, and there are always opportunities to get involved in something you are passionate about.

Elena

The University of Tennessee is a prestigious state institution that offers a variety of majors and is a very walkable campus. The people are nice but I wish that it was more diverse. The library is central to the campus and offers a variety of services for students to improve their learning. Campus dining could be improved and the food selection could be more diverse. Overall a good institution!

Shania

All great institutions consist of two main components. That is unlimited resources and people who are willing to help. As one ventures off onto his or her journey after high school, the challenges that he or she will face become endless. Without reliable resources and support there is no way an the individual will be successful. Because the university of tennesse lacks neither of these qualities, it is an outstanding institution.

Overall, it is a great place to go to school. I am a transfer student to the university, and felt very at home upon arriving to the school. Transition is never easy, but with all the activities, accommodations, and opportunities, the transition was actually somewhat exciting.

Bridget

Overall, I love the University of Tennessee. UTK is a large school with a small school feel. Class sizes are reasonable, the professors are personable, and the atmosphere that clouds the campus is awesome! Sports here are a big deal so if you love football this is the place for you! The Rocky Top spirit is one that is life-changing and is something everyone should experience!

mercedes

i believe it is a great school with teachers who encourage you to complete and graduate. they also help you stay on track and continue to help you after you graduate whether it be finding jobs or filling out a resume. the college is very good at involing all students to participate in activities. this is completely committed to its sucess of its students

I love going here and am very satisfied with my decision to come here. There are tons of resources here, especially when looking for a career. I have no doubt that when the time comes for me to graduate, the Career Center will help me in any way to find employment. I love the atmosphere on campus and I truly feel like a Volunteer experience is unique in every way.

Ashton

My overall opinion of The University of Tennessee is that it’s an amazing school. There are plenty of ways to get involved, and there is something for everyone. I would recommend this school to anyone who is interested. There is nothing I would change about my experience.

Haley

It's a good school with plenty of things to do and people to meet. It is a very beautiful campus and there is a great amount of diversity on campus. Everyone gets along and there is always some kind of activity going on. Professors are really interested in helping you succeed and are almost always available.

Christina

It is a wonderful campus located in a wonderful city. I just wish it was not so expensive for people like me who are trying to branch out from their ghost town back home. My parents make too much for me to get financial aid but not enough to help me pay for college.

Adria

loved the school, and the location of the school makes it great as well, near the river and where a lot of activities happen. Enjoyed all my years there. I wish I could go back. They have exceptional academic programs. Also, big on sports even though the teams aren't as legendary as the past, they are still great teams.

Danielle

Personally, I like The University of Tennessee. The campus is big and in the middle of a city, which may feel overwhelming at first. But I have found that once you know your way around and start walking the campus feels a lot smaller than what you may have thought. And one of the perks of living or going to school on a big campus is that you never really need to leave the campus to find what you need. For example I lived in a dorm and I was within walking distance from many stores and restaurants, including Wal-Mart and Publix.