The University of Tennessee-Knoxville Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Tennessee-Knoxville

Kadence

I love the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. It is located near the beautiful mountains and right in the heart of downtown, allowing everyone to find something they enjoy. The classes are challenging but worth it, and the professors are understanding and brilliant in the classes they teach. The administrators are eager to hear the student-side of issues and definitely take into consideration the concerns of the students.

Yarelis

I have visited the University of Tennessee twice. I went my freshmen year of highschool for a MITES program and stayed for a week. It was amazing. The Students were so nice and the professors were extremely knowledgeable. I visited again the next summer to visit a friend and she gave me a small tour. the campus is beautiful and well maintained. The food is also really healthy and delicious!

Gabrielle

It is good. I am there truly for my educational development rather than the party life, so that has been my experience. I have enjoyed my scholastic experience, and I am grateful for the professors who truly care about furthering their knowledge to the next generation.

My overall opinion of The University of Tennessee is that it is an overwhelmingly welcoming environment and there's always something going on, which is nice in order to get involved on campus. Everyone I've met so far, especially faculty and workers are extremely nice and kind. There are many extra activities to get involved in, which welcomes anyone and there are always ways to get involved on Ped Walkway which is great.

Audrey

The University of Tennessee is a great overall campus. The only issue that I have with it is that there are minimal places to get something healthy that isn't a salad/is filling. Otherwise, it's fantastic. There are an incredible amount of different majors, the honors programs are all fantastic (shout out to Honors Leadership Program!), and the professors are all super friendly and willing to hep you out as long as you're willing to take the steps to reach out to them.

Matthew

The University of Tennessee of Knoxville is a well rounded school that caters to the academically driven, the people who live for game days, and the individuals who thrive in the social environment of greek life. It fosters a community of people who you will stay in touch with for the rest of your life. It also prepares you for life after college and your vocation or your goal of higher education.

Amber

The University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee is a great school that values both education and sports. My only complaints about UTK are the lack of parking and all of the construction. It takes hours to find parking, and sometimes you have to park on the Agriculture Campus. Construction is always taking over about half of the campus at any given time.

Brandon

Overall The University of Tennessee has been great to me so far. The campus could definitely use some improvements here and there but so could any campus. The facilities are not in dire need of any major renovations from a curb side appeal or from the normal eye, once inside the buildings. I transferred in as a junior and went directly into my core classes for my major. Before transferring in I had heard horror stories about the class sizes but must say, I am happy with all of my classes and how small they have felt. The staff could be friendlier at times and more helpful but have never been rude or given me anything, past the typical annoyances, to complain about. In all, I am extremely happy with UTK for the price and overall atmosphere that has been provided thus far.

Carly

I love it here. The campus is huge, but it's still fun and homey. Football games are awesome, but make sure you keep up academically! There is so much diversity that anyone could fit in and feel at home.

Cameron

I think it is a great university that has a lot of resources and has so many things to do that there is something here for everyone. Very fun to go to school here, and there are plenty of good people to meet. People are typically polite and treat nearly everyone with respect. There is a huge "We got each other's backs" vibe on campus.

Madeline

The past 5 months that I have spent here at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville have been some of the greatest months of my life. I have never genuinely felt so comfortable with my surroundings and the people that I encounter every day both around campus and in my classes. The campus and people give you an everlasting feeling of comfort and that you have found a great home for the years to come!!

Allyson

I love this campus! Academically, I feel like I am being well prepared for life after college. My professors invest in my success and understanding of the content because they acknowledge that their courses are stepping stones to my degree obtainment. I love the campus and how architecturally advanced it is, the environment has a lot of school pride, and the overall experience is joyous and outstanding. I am proud to be a Tennessee Vol!

William

The University of Tennessee is a wonderful place. The campus is beautiful and the weather is fantastic. Everyone here has a smile on their face and excited to see the best in other people. The academics are challenging, but if you put the right effort in they are doable. The extracurricular activities are exciting and easily accessible. The students here are passionate about what they believe in, which makes the social life very interesting and enjoyable. The University of Tennessee is a perfect fit for me!

RIchard

There is opportunity for everyone. Just find your niche

Will

The University of Tennessee Knoxville is a fantastic school. The professors and leaders of classes and the community are almost always around to engage and converse in constructive conversation. Merely the atmosphere and the daily interactions I come across simply make me feel good. With a limitless amount of opportunities at UT, I'm certain many great things will come out of this school in the near future.

Muhammed N

I think we have a good school in terms of extracurricular activities and academic. We the students do have a good opportunity to show out and develop our skills. And when it comes to academic, we have got standard slabs and the required qualify teacher who can deliver to the expectation of students.

Delaney

I am studying at my dream school. I've loved the university ever since my parents took me to a football game when I was in middle school. What I really fell in love with was the band. I am now a member of the Pride of the Southland Marching Band at the University of Tennessee, and though I live for gamedays, I enjoy my time with my studies during the week. I am pursuing a particularly challenging major, while double-majoring in Medical Lab Sciences and minoring in Psychology. My advisor has been really helpful in aiding in planning classes, working towards research, and helping me manage my time. I really love this university and I believe if you want to attend here, you should apply as soon as you can! Go Vols!

Kathryn

I am so lucky to have found a niche here, but am concerned for the people who haven't. This is a very politically turbulent state and I know dozens of people who feel unsafe on campus because of the conservative views of others that lead them to act inappropriately towards more liberal students. I think UTK has a lot of work to do regarding the respect its students show each other.

James

The University of Tennessee is a good school with some drawbacks. Many of the classes you take as an underclassmen will be in larger auditoriums, and professors might not seem as accessible. There are lots of activities for students to get involved with, and the academics can be very rigorous if you are in the right college or major.

Jordyn

The University of Tennessee is like a world of its own. I came from a small town with not much to do and that offers little. By attending UTK, I have become more engaged in activities I enjoy as well as had new experiences of things I have never done. The atmosphere when on UT's campus is honestly indescribable. It is like its own world that provides endless opportunities as well as help in any area needed. I am now excited to attend school and pursue my future.

Dani

I have been a student at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville for only a short period of time, but this has been the best experience of my life. The campus has so much to offer to help with any academic issues, so I know I'll get my studies done right. Once school work is finished, there are a lot of extra curricular activities to participate in. There's always a pickup game of soccer, football or many other sports happening with many friendly people. When it comes to down time there is a big selection of stores, restaurants, and hang-out spots to choose from. Anytime I am walking around campus, day or night, I always feel safe knowing the people are friendly and the police are always ready. When I first visited campus I heard the saying "you can't make a small school feel big, but you can make a big school feel small." when I first heard this I was very skeptical, "how can a school of nearly 30,000 people feel small" I kept wondering to myself. Now that I am here I understand it, Knoxville is more than just my school, Knoxville is my home. I am excited to see whats in store over the next few years at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.

Tori

UT is a school where you get what you put in. If you're there to party, have fun, and be part of the "C's get degrees crowd", you can certainly do that. If you're there to study hard, make the grades, and interact with faculty and fellow intellectuals, you can do that too. There's an opportunity for everyone there. Also, football season is the best.

Brianna

I absolutely love the University of Tennessee. I never got the chance to visit, but I didn't need to honestly, this school has such a great reputation. We are huge about sports here, even though we do look more forward to basketball than football. Being here at a Division 1 SEC school is such an amazing experience. I moved here from a small town in Michigan, I had never been to Tennessee, but I fell in love with Knoxville and this state. Knoxville is my home now.

Dhriti

Its an amazing place. I felt better even than Harvard here. I have been at Harvard over the summer and this place has a better class size and regular office hours. Community is so closely knit, you know you can lean on the whole crowd. Someone has got your back all the time. You have the freedom to not be fine and be hurt and in pain and not okay. Nobody judges you for being weak. You are helped.

I have absolutely loved being a UTK Vol! The vibe at UTK is extraordinary. Every person walking through campus has a "Big Orange" smile. There are so many traditions at The University of Tennessee that bring the students together. Whether its the Vol Walk, painting "the rock," or screaming Rocky Top at the top of our lungs at football games, the UT family is unbreakable. As students, we help each other reach our full potential, we call this "Vols help Vols." The students, faculty, and fans have a love for Tennessee that is like no other. UTK offers unlimited opportunities for students to feel involved on campus to make a large campus seem smaller. There are a multitude of clubs, groups, and programs made for each kind of student. It is apparent that the administration at UT cares about its students and will go the extra mile to make our college experience wonderful. I feel extremely lucky that I have had the opportunity to attend The University of Tennessee and look forward to my last year and a half as a Volunteer.

colonel

i like KFC. This school is right next to one so I decided to go there. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Kaitlyn

I am not a huge fan of the university. While I have a nice enough dorm and good enough teachers, I do not feel that I am learning anything new or challenging or that my teachers want me to be successful. I also do not believe there are enough opportunities for students that aren't athletes to receive scholarships.

Sara

The University of Tennessee-Knoxville is the best college that you will ever go to. From football games in Neyland Stadium to our incredible basketball team that bring so much energy to Thompson-Boiling Arena, there is nothing better than going to school at this university. UTK is so involved in traditions and that's what makes it so fun to go to school here. Not to mention the amazing faculty and staff that is always so supportive in their students. The University of Tennessee-Knoxville is the best place to go to school.

Patrick

Its a pretty nice place to live and learn.

John

I enjoyed The University of Tennessee. It was a good college where I spent my undergraduate career. I enjoyed the open feeling to it where the university was near the mountains getting a chance to go out in nature. The professors were always helpful to any questions that I had.

Maia

The University of Tennessee is a good institution overall. The educational aspect is fantastic, although it can be rough at times, and the social aspect is good too if you can find the right fit for you. For me, it was kind of hard to find a group that I felt comfortable with, but I did with the help of some upperclassmen and my roommate. As an African American student at a pwi, it was kind of a challenge getting adjusted to being away from home, and actually having to find people who look like me and who I clicked with. Other than that, there's always something going on, on campus, there's always free stuff up for grabs, and there's always plenty of opportunities to expand your learning horizons while meeting new people.

Sherin

Overall, the University of Tennessee is a great university to attend. The atmosphere is safe and inviting and there is plenty of diversity. The teachers genuinely care and are always more than willing to go out of their way to provide extra assistance.

Antrenisha

It is a great school to graduate from. You gain knowledge and lots of job opportunities. However the school is not the easiest. You may take a few steps back, but it’s just helping you for your big leap. You have to have a strong mindset and willingness to successful attend and graduate from UT Knox.

Alyssa

My overall opinion on the University of Tennessee at Knoxville is nothing but positive. I absolutely love it here. When I first toured this place, I immediately fell in love and was ready to call this place home. Rocky Top is a beautiful place to gain an education. More and more each year, it is becoming more culturally diverse and infused with different cultures! It is great to see how everyone reacts to one another and so many friendly faces on campus! I love it here and would not trade being a Vol for anything! Go Big Orange!

Brandon

It is a good school to attend. The facilities are nice and there is always a good teacher for whatever subject you would like to take. It is a big campus and has lots of hills, but it has plenty of public transportation to compensate. The construction is manageable and means the college is always improving. The library is a perfect study place and if you are not a fan there is always HSS rooms available. Overall I love my school.

Caroline

I overall love the University. I would not want to be at any other school. I have found my home here apart of the Dance Society, BOSS Dance Company, and in Pi Beta Phi. I have made friends that I will have forever. I am excited to see what the next couple of years have to bring here at the University of Tennessee.

The University of Tennessee if my new home. The classes are rigorous and challenging, but well structured. Students are encouraged to be inVOLved and there are plenty of opportunities to do so. The campus life is vibrant and diverse and I personally love it. The games are a huge deal and the campus comes together as a family. I am happy in my dorm. Even though it isn not luxury living it is our home and I love it. It really is great to be a Tennessee Vol!!

Christon

Honestly, this school has it all and is very diverse. Judging by how that sounds I don't know anyone that would feel out of place attending here. The atmosphere, the people and most importantly the academics will overwhelm you at first but over a short amount of time, anyone will be able to adjust to this free spirit lifestyle of higher learning.

It's a university immersed in the culture of Tennessee. You are surrounded by orange and old buildings that convey a strong sense of tradition and appreciation for the accomplishments there are in the history of the university and the state. Overall, there is a community for each person to establish themselves into.

Lillian

I absolutely love the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Everyone on campus is so fun and welcoming and they are truly focused on the academic success of their students. They are also very involved in the community and they hold several open lectures and events all over campus and they even house the McClung Museum which is an amazing little museum that is completely free and open to the public, as well as for school field trips. The atmosphere at UTK is truly amazing and once you are there you never want to leave.

Melissa

I am a sophomore at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. I love this school, and so will many others. Not only do we have an amazing faculty, but also students who want to succeed. With an SEC school, it can be easy to assume kids are all going to care about football and nothing else, but students generally care about their education and experiences just as much as professors!

Austin

The University of Tennessee is a terrific school. I loved all four years and would recommend this school to anyone. The electricity on game day is unmatched at you and 102,455 of your best friends cheer on the Volunteers in Neyland Stadium. The campus itself is beautiful and the University is committed to consistently updating facilities to make sure they are the best. Choosing the University of Tennessee is one of the best decisions you could make.

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville is a beautiful campus filled with staff and students that just want to watch each other grow and succeed.

Mason

The University of Tennessee was very beautiful. The grounds are well kept, and the faculty was very kind. The people really make you feel welcome with good old southern hospitality. I really enjoyed my tour of the campus, and cant wait to start classes in the fall.

Summer

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville is pretty great. The professors care about your grade and are always quick to respond. There are many stores available nearby if a student needs to purchase groceries and/or clothes and household items. The parking situation is quite awful, but that is expected at a large campus. They do allow you to take the bus (included in tuition), so if you are unable to find parking from main campus to the agricultural campus, you can still make it to class. The class change is a bit tight because they give you fifteen minutes to get to the next class, even though the campus is huge (especially for us agricultural majors). However, over all, the University of Tennessee tries really hard to make a great experience for each student and I highly recommend attending.

Cory

For someone searching for a very large institution and a liberal stand, the University of Tennessee may be the right fit for you. It literally feels like you're living in a small city. But, for me, it was just a little too much. I couldn't handle the long walks, across campus, in between my classes, and those classes to sometimes be filled with over 300 students in a single classroom. I work more efficient when I can be personable with my professor and with my classmates, and I had trouble doing that at UT, but like I said, this is just for me and the way that I work best. Also, I am not big in the party scene, and it felt like I was definitely a minority.

I love it here at UT. The vibe is usually very friendly and casual. There is very strong school pride and culture. Because it's a huge school, there is plenty of opportunity to get involved in any activity you want. Also, it is very easy to make friends because there are so many different kinds of people here that you're bound to find someone who has the same interests/values as you.

Micheletta

The University of Tn. is a great school. This is one of the best campuses for college students to get an edge on life. The administration staff is there to assist you, but they also encourage you to get an understanding of things and try to identify the problem and come up with a solution, and the staff is there to support you. I think this a well diversed school , with opportunities to achieve a great education.

autumn

There are always things that can be better but that is expected but overall i am a huge fan of ut and i would recommend anyone to come here it is a great school

Tomas

A dream school for some students in Tennessee. Let yourself be involved in all the characteristics that UT Knox has. Be the Peyton Manning. UT Knox will allow you to do great things if you apply yourself. I loved UT Knox's campus and I believe anyone who reads this will.