The University of Texas at Arlington Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas at Arlington

Alexia

The University of Texas at Arlington has a nice chill atmosphere. It is the perfect campus for students who prefer peaceful living and a place to solely focus on their academics. UTA also offers amazing opportunities for students to get involved in clubs, extracurricular activities, internships, and more.

Sammy

Nice campus. Am taking my classes online, but have seen the campus. Seems like a nice place to attend in person. I live in San Antonio, but would make the drive to Arlington for my graduation. The campus is easily accessible. My teachers have been very nice.

Javanate

I love the school and would love to continue to grow here. the campus is very big and has a variety of things to do , i do feel safe and the surrounding area is safe as well. i look forward to continuing on my journey at this school . I would recommend anybody to this school.

Kaitlyn

Overall I think UTA is a great school with a very welcoming atmosphere. I normally stay in one spot of campus but I always enjoy walking around the campus and seeing how friendly the students and faculty are. There’s always things that could be better, but I love attending this school and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Marissa

I started as a transfer student and UTA has welcomed me with open arms. Any step I had to complete was laid out for me and I never felt confused or lost when I was in the process of transferring. During orientation, I felt as though I was shown everything I needed to complete the semester successfully. This school is a huge commuter school, and despite that, I've never had any kind of trouble finding a parking space unlike some other mainly commuting schools. The area surrounding is developing and I feel as though it is becoming more of a "college town". Although lots of students commute, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved and the university and the students really stress that. There is a lot of off-campus housing that's very close to the university, which is super convenient as well. Overall, I really have enjoyed my time here so far, and I'll be proud to say where I graduated from when it comes time!

Alexa

UTA is a unique college experience. The professors on campus truly care about student success and carry that even after one is no longer enrolled in their class. Socially it is a welcoming environment where game days for the mavericks bring everyone together. The campus is very diverse which can help students develop a better understanding for the world around them based on others experiences. As an engineering major I am excited to be apart of being a research 1 facility. UTA is the perfect place for students to grow academically, culturally and intellectually.

Diana

It is a good academic environment and the professors I have had are extremely helpful. I have learned a lot.

Idalia

At the University of Texas at Arlington, I have had a great experience. When I'm there for lunch there is many place on campus we have chick-fil-a, subway, Starbucks, and there many other place outside of campus that you can walk to. Library is very nice and nice to study in. The gym is great to go to and clean

Liseth

My overall opinion of The University of Texas at Arlington would be that it's a big campus with a lot of students from different cultures. I have 2 classes that involves 250 students! a And it's hard to communicate with your professor since they remain busy. I have to pay for supplies that each of my classes require but I don't have enough money to do so. I do like that most professors and staff in there are nice and kind and help you but I don't feel comfortable of my 2 class sizes that consists in total of 250 students.

Meredith

UTA is a school very focused on academics. Many of the students put themselves through school and so they are focused on learning. It is a very diverse campus with students from many different backgrounds which makes for a wonderful experience. The school has many commuters and non-traditional students so a student looking for a traditional "rah-rah" experience might be let down.

Jestin

UTA is a very diverse and a well rounded college. Everything is perfect for me and my needs. The professors are there to help you, everything is caring and nice towards everyone. You have different clubs and organizations to help you succeed in whatever your major is. Overall, my experience so far with UTA has been nothing but good.

sarah

It's a good school and great at such a low cost. Classes are good, can be hard. The culture is very diverse. It's is not a school known for sporting events or a huge community base. If you are looking for a good commuter school, it's perfect for that.

Michelle

The University of Texas at Arlington is an amazing campus. It’s atmosphere cannot be beat, we as a University are one of the most diverse and welcoming of all cultures. The University offers a sense of comfort to all and makes us feel like a huge family, everyone is open to helping eachother out and making sure we’re all making the best out of our college life and experience. I am proud of being apart of such an amazing facility and family.

Matthew

I love my school for all the good and the bad. So much so, that I joined one of the spirit groups on campus. UTA may not be the greatest in all aspects (No Manga section in the library), but nonetheless, I take pride in my school. I'm here for the education and the University of Texas at Arlington knows how to deliver.

Debanhi

Ever since I was a little fourth grade girl this has been my dream school, and now that I am a future student there I can not wait. I remember walking around campus admiring how cool and sophisticated it looked, grown ups figuring out what they wanted in life, I wanted to experience that ever since then.

Diana

Overall I really think the university is a good place to get my education from. I love their Social Work program that they offer along with the classes that they have available. Everyone is extremely friendly and is willing to help when confused or need an extra bit of help or encouragement.

Alexis

I felt at home when I first toured this campus and there is no shortage of campus organizations or activities going on every week. School participation is vital and thrives through the active participation of the students which is always encouraging. I myself found an organization I am a part of that I am comfortable with yet gets me out of my comfort zone by meeting new people. it's called "FOCUS" which is a group of Christians on campus that get together to read scripture. UTA has no shortage of resources for ALL students and it makes being a student much easier with people willing to help all the time. I'm proud to call myself a UTA Maverick!

Judson

It is a great college. The staff there is very friendly and nice, as well as fun and entertaining. There are a lot of shops and places to eat, as well as a cafeteria. The Wi-Fi in some places is kind of wonky, but overall there are good connections to it most places.

Mark

I'm loving the experience - embarking on an opportunity to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. I've been out of college now for over 10 years and I was a little anxious and scared initially. Even before starting I had the change to speak with 2 professors who are helping to guide me through. So far the experience has been a lot less daunting than I initially thought. I'm looking forward to great things as I work towards my goal to obtain a BSC Engineering at UTA!

Diana

It's a commuter school so unless you're here to just learn, then this is the right school for you. But it's not worth your money. The food sucks and made with butter, and all of your money goes into so many engineering buildings that are being made. If you like to party do not come here, there are better schools out there for you. We don't even have a football team.

Dideoluwa

This school has many opportunities on and off campus. It has a variety of majors and various ways to get involved on campus. The campus is very diverse, and there is something for everybody. Professors keep regular office hours, can be spoken to after class and occasionally through email.

Minh-son

The University of Texas at Arlington is a nice campus. It has some good professors, and while I feel the academics here are not stellar, they are not horrendous either. There are many student organizations to join, and there are some good opportunities for research if you're into that. If you're a commuter, good luck finding parking if you come after 8 AM.

Maria

I love it

Jonathan

I has to say the campus itself is great. Their is very friendly people and helpful staff. should not be afraid to ask anyone anything. Some classrooms are great but there is also the once that could use some updating but over all great classrooms. Technology seems to be up to date so I have nothing else to say school is great.

ROBIN

Its not that bad, just parking is hard to find and in night its not safe to walk alone other then that its lot of fun

Ana

Some buildings need to be updated, but the resources provided are great! The professors I have know their stuff and make class enjoyable. It is easy for me to focus and be engaged in each lectures. The campus is pretty big which can be a little difficult to walk from one place to another, especially the parking lot!

LaShene

It is a very good school. Teachers take their job very serious.

Querhea

I have been here for two years and I do like attending UTA. The school does prioritize education before anything else and I do give the school props for that. We have a variety of options to eat whether on campus or around Arlington and some students even travel the DFW area . As far as professors, most of them are pretty good, but you do have to do a little searching and asking around on who to definitely take. Overall, UTA is a good school and I'm glad I came here. #MavUp

Catherine

I love the diversity and the atmosphere at my school. Being there genuinely feels like a second home and whenever I am in need I can easily get help. From the cell phone apps, to our personal email- I can do everything from the touch of a button. At times the campus feels a little crowded. Arlington itself is a very busy city, so school and city life literally go hand and hand. The students are friendly and I have not had a problem talking to one or getting directions from my peers. My favorite part is when were all able to get together for a sports event. My personal favorite sport is basketball. The practice gyms and the main gym are spectacular. I love the fact that there is always something to participate in the clubs are really creative and there's endless possibilities. Even when you want to just take a timeout, you can find peace at the library or your dorm room. The halls are never too loud or crowded, so you can spend time alone if needed.

Nancy

It's an affordable school compared to others in Texas, which is one of the reasons I considered. Classes are difficult but doable, but as you progress communication between you and advisors or certain departments can be troublesome. There are several places to study, but it gets out of hand during finals.

Overall, I believe that the University of Texas at Arlington is a good college that works to help their students achieve their personal and academic goals. The professors are very clear and easy to understand because they strive to make their class engaging.

Antonio

UTA's art program is confusing when art professors want me to build a portfolio. They're not really specific on what they look for and half of the time art critiques are too abstract for me to follow.

Kristen

The student life at The University of Texas at Arlington is amazing. This is just my first day here but I love it already. There is rigorous coursework here but all you have to do is study and time management. There is a lot of diversity which I love and there's plenty of clubs and organizations to join.

Ko

The online M. Ed program through the University of Texas at Arlington is a cost-efficient program. It is challenging and I learn a lot. The program is designed with five-week courses and each course is challenging and the workload is heavy at times. However, the opportunity to collaborate with so many other students is excellent. Because the program is completely online, it is very cut and dry when it comes to grading. Professors and assigned graders follow a strict grading rubric and there is no bias in grading. Online coursework is probably not for everyone, but once my initial class was completed, I became accustomed to the format and the ins and outs of it. It is necessary to develop a study schedule to complete the readings and assignments. Each five-week course goes by quickly and I was able to complete the program in the 18-month period. With work and family, it often felt as if I had no life while in the program, but it is definitely a program that can be completed. I highly recommend this online M. Ed program.

Naxieli

I love the campus it's very beautiful, the diversity is getting better with every semester, I think, and the people are kind of friendly. It's kind of hard to get into activities, clubs, etc. if you don't know somebody that's doing what you are wanting to do. What mostly sucks is the customer service that the people with the administration, records, etc. basically anything that has to do with the paper work type of stuff. If you are not on their asses about doing what you need to be done they either wont do it or they will take their sweet time to get it down.

Graciela

My overall opinion of The University of Texas at Arlington is that it is the best university to attend! I love my school! I love how diverse it is and how many different organizations you can get involved in. The professors care about their students and have made a great impact on my life, they have inspired me to strive beyond my dreams and goals! In addition, they provide me with the education and experience necessary for my future career. All I can say, is that the university offers a cost-effective education, diversity, organizations, and amazing professors and advisers. This university really cares about me as a student and provides the best advising for my major!! That is why I love my university!

Zak

Hoping to visit soon

Maria

They need more services for fulltime working parents that are returning to school. They also need to renovate many classrooms and keep the bathroom clean. They are older restrooms and do not service the students well. The academics is great. I feel that they need additional advisors to service the student population.

Ana

The Universty is overall a commuter school, there isn't much school spirit. I am a commuter so I'm not very involved, it can be exhausting driving back and forth. Maybe it's different for people who live on campus but even then I don't see much involvement. As far as education the professors are mediocre it just depends on which proffesor you take. I for one wasn't so pleased with my first semester of college it wasn't what I expected at all and It is safe for me to say that I definitely was not prepared for it.

Jazmine

UTA is overall great school, we are a decent size and have a large variety of disciplines to choose from. Our school spirit is fairly strong and there are plenty of organizations to join. However, there is always room for improvement particular in the academic section but I love my teachers and fellow students. Go Mavs!!!!!!!!

Edna

I really enjoy being at The University of Texas at Arlington, the school is very diverse and you get to meet new people that come from all around the world, many universities can't offer you that. We have a sense of pride and strong school spirit at my school that makes you feel like you're at home.

Daniel Seth

I believe UTA is a great college to attend. For a good tuition price, you are offered a lot with the money you pay. What I love about UTA is not only the academics and how focus-driven students & faculty are, its the campus-life, the campus involvement. There are a lot of activities, clubs & organizations to participate in. Not only that, UTA is a very diverse campus with a lot of opportunities for your future.

Dani

I participated in the UTCAP program so I will be taking my education, in the upcoming Fall 2017 school year, to the University of Texas at Austin as a transfer student from the University of Texas at Arlington. However, my time at the University of Texas at Arlington I commuted from home since I was not too far away yet I found myself spending a lot time at the campus due to a variety of fairs hosted by the extracurricular groups and greek life organizations offered. Overall the moderately sized school offered a lot of social opportunities and had numerous dining options. Though I will be transferring, I am grateful for the longtime friends I have met through classes and events, as well as, the exceptional professors who have taught me life lessons beyond the curriculum.

The University of Texas at Arlington feels like home to me! I love it here. I have made plenty of friends and the campus is just beautiful. Especially my dorms! I feel safe because of the campus security, but I also do not leave to go anywhere without letting someone know where I am going.

Macey

The University of Texas at Arlington is a good university. Many of the professors are kind and helpful. The class sizes might be large in some peoples opinion but for me they are perfect. As a freshman I stayed in Kalpana Chawla, it was probably one of the nicer dorms on campus. Overall UT Arlington is a nice campus that has just about everything you need.

neftali

I think The University of Texas at Arlington its very educated school and they have a good education also the teachers there are very good in explaining the things.

Ricky

The University of Texas at Arlington is everything you expect a university to be and so much more. Every year there is something new being created or remodel. Not only does UT Arlington stay up to date, they also have the most amazing staff, programs, facilities, residencies, and so much more. If i had to describe UT Arlington in one word it would be "LEGENDARY" The University of Texas at Arlington is truly LEGENDARY!

Abbey

The school is beautiful, kind of reminds me of Texas Tech. Overall it's suprisingly artistic and all of the staff is really nice. I look foward to attending UTA this upcoming fall and these next four years. Also, the scholarships are extensive and overall the school is very affordable for students, especially the housing.

William

I feel like the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) GO MAVS! is a very unique college because it has a variety of students from all around the world. The university knows that students who have traveled far to become part of the UTA community will be homesick. Therefore the university try to create an atmosphere that is friendly to all.

Moez

It is a good commuter school. I have been going here for 1 year and I am currently in my Sophomore year. The school is alright. The Engineering department is really good in my opinion. Some of the old biuldings are really outdated and nasty. Could use more lighting.