The University of Texas at El Paso Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas at El Paso

Bryanna

It is not the best school in so many aspects. The professors there are hard on you in a way where you teach yourself more than they do themselves. Calling any office there is such a hassle to even get a hold of anyone. They do not respond to emails on time either. This college says it is cheaper than other schools it's really not but also you pay what education you get. There's a lack of professionalism with anyone who works at this university. Financial aid does little to no help with students who don't understand student loans and how to apply for everything. All courses are made for students who do not work and it is not flexible by all means. I believe this school can do so much better and make it less stressful for those who are willing to get a better education and paying for it. They seem to be taking advantage of what we pay per semester and I do not say it is worth for how much I am paying. Thinking of transferring and suggest others to look for a better universities such as UTSA.

Kimberly

My opinion is that The University of Texas at El Paso is a great institution. They handled the transition to online learning during the pandemic extremely well. They have many resources for all aspects not just academics. The facilities are always clean and they have sanitation stations everywhere. They make students feel safe and encourages social distancing and masks. It’s a wonderful university!

Sophia

My opinion in UTEP is that it is a great school. Almost all my family attended UTEP because we all live in El Paso, and they have been really successful with the degrees achieve in at this University. My parents are Mexican and they live in Juarez, which is right next to El Paso. It is going to be easy for me to go visit them. UTEP has been always my #1 school of choice since I was little, and it is the only school I applied for because I knew that I wanted to attend it.

Zaul

The main word that best describe this university is that is so expensive. As American-Mexican I can't afforded complete the full tuition even with financial aid. This university make you pay for the GYM even if you don't use it in the semester the price and the quality of education is not equal meaning that you pay more that what really offer UTEP. If you wonder why I am on this school is because is nearby my home and my mother's house.

Pamela

It’s an amazing school there is always something to do there is a lot of resources available. There is always someone there to help if you need help in your classes and you don’t have to live in campus to get a full college experience because there is always activities

Ivannya

UTEP is really good for people that seek a sense of belonging. The staff and professors are really nice and understanding. There are clubs for everyone and job opportunities for students are abundant. The green areas are always clean and there is diversity in the student body.

Alyssa

From just looking at the school and having people tell me about it, it seems fun and really safe to be walking around without anyone. It's a friendly environment. I love how it is super safe and pretty and close to home. There is so many activities that we could do around the campus.

Aaliyah

UTEP is a really good school it's kind of hard to rate during a pandemic but i recommend going to UTEP. Super nice people fun environment, and really good food. They have a good athletic department and nice work out gyms. Professors have a set scheduke but are willing to make time for students.

Natalie

Utep is charging students full tuition, recreational fees, and other on campus fees when the majority of the students are taking online classes and aren’t using any facilities at all. It’s really upsetting that they don’t look out for their students.

Priscila

U.T.E.P is a university that is on the border. Helping student like me that come from low income migrant parents get a better life through education and a career. This university is low tuition and very accessible to those that live in the city of El Paso and those that come from across the border. If it wasn’t for UTEP people like me wouldn’t get the opportunity to get a career and pursue greater thing like grad school.

Ximena

My opinion on The University of Texas at El Paso is a good one because many of my own family members are either attending or have attended UTEP, and because of this I was more open to attend and I do not regret attending. My family members have helped me really understand and enjoy my current experience especially since classes have become mostly online because of the pandemic. I thank UTEP for being responsible, flexible, and understanding to people who might not want to attend physical classes, people who prefer physical classes, and people like me who do not really care.

Angela

It’s a university with plenty of diversity since it’s so close to the border. The students and staff are very friendly and while everything is far there’s buses you can take to get to class. The professors keep to their office hours and let the students have enough room to grow.

Alejandro

It is a pretty big campus and it holds a lot of culture and diversity. The campus itself seems to target several studies more than others, for example nursing and engineering seem to be the top studies for the campus and are the most competed fields. The teacher tend to vary and I've had both incredible knowledgeable professors and slacking ones as well, but overall I really enjoy what the campus provides for students and I also like the time I spend there.

ximena

I really enjoy UTEP because it is an environment in which I always feel safe, it doesn't matter the time of day I can be walking around campus and I never feel unsafe. UTEP has pretty much everything you need in a college from food to housing to stores around campus and restaurants. I could say I really like my school the academics are very very good and all the professors and staff that have helped me have all made me feel very welcomed in the miners community.

austin

it's a great college so far I am a transfer student attending in the fall semester really excited to get my bachelors of fine arts in musical theater

The University of Texas at El Paso is a diverse campus with something for everyone. With majors in health sciences, biology, liberal arts, and many degrees to choose from, anything you want to study or strive for is available to you. The professors are always ready to assist with your classes or in research opportunities, and the student body is helpful and friendly, no matter what. The sense of community - on and off-campus - can be felt at any time, whether in academia or athletics. UTEP has challenged me to be a better student and a better person in what I do in my day to day life.

Carlos Antonio

The University of Texas at El Paso is the most multicultural university in the United States. Is shares a very clos border with Mexico so it is easy to travel between countries and know their culture. It lets students feel and learn what it is like to be part of two different cultures, languages, and overall it makes students combine both cultures into one.

Valerie

The University of Texas at El Paso: located in one of safest cities in the nation despite being right on the border of Mexico; so close that just standing at the edge of campus, you can see a whole different country right across. This unique campus is found within the mountains that have a star lit up on the side that shines every night and aligns with the bright futures of its students. Walking into campus on my first day I was so taken back from the beautiful architecture; it looks like a huge Himalayan Kingdom! Luckily, there is a shuttle system with multiple different routes to accommodate everyone’s needs. Night life is fun because of the football and basketball games and there is also a whole street right next to campus filled with bars with no need to drive. The authentic Mexican food will always satisfy your needs along with all of the places to choose from both on and off campus. The dorms come with your own room, fully furnished kitchen and living room, along with a bathroom you share with only one other person. You are still given your privacy, which many other schools’ housing don’t offer. UTEP also offers a variety of classes to choose from. Class size isn’t small, but the sizing still allows you a good relationship with your professors. Lastly, the diversity on campus makes you feel welcome. Everyone brings something different with them and I feel this tends to make you more open-minded and accepting. I love my school and the people I have met. I definitely chose the right place. I’m proud to be a UTEP miner!

Destiny

The University of Texas is a great fit for me because it is located in my hometown. Unfortunately, the way I started off my first semester of college could of been extremely better. Having to change my major after being sent to the wrong orientation was not what I was expecting. I was looking forward to being part of the Crime Scene Investigation one day so I was told that I would be part of the College of Science. To be in the CSI I had to study Forensics, but I was told the College of Science wasn't the place for such a career. I was okay with the fact that this happened, but then my advisor wasn't much help with getting the classes I needed. Although, I had this bad experience things at the university have been great to me. Now that I am on my second semester of college I learned to manage myself and the classes I am required to take. Since everything is leading me to the right path, UTEP has been incredible along with all the professors that I have. They are the ones who encourage me to keep striving to do what I am set to do.

Larissa

Thusbuniversity can definitely make an improvement. For example, the size of the class. There are a lot of science majors who cannot register for classes because of how limited it is. Maybe for the online classes there can be more open spaces. Overall, I think this school is okay.

I have been here for almost close to 6 years now. I am a part of two organizations and will be joining three this upcoming semester. This school offers many opportunities to work, travel abroad, join unlimited amount of organizations and so much more.

vicente

Utep is a great university if you are planning on major in engeneering, there is a lot of hispanic people and it has a really healthy environment where you feel comfortable and can develop all your abilities.

Aquira

The University of Texas at El Paso is a great university if you're there to explore the culture. Unfortunately, many of the professors are difficult to reach despite having set office hours. The area has its ups and downs when it comes to safety, but the campus police usually circle the campus and dorm complexes. I encourage you to be wary of your surroundings.

Alexis

The University of Texas at El Paso is a great school if you are in the Engineering field due to teachers being more interactive with us and allowing us to work freely. There is always different experiences there and you get to meet great mature people that always seem to care about who you are and they always communicate with you too. Also the campus is large and easy to get around and I never feel like im in danger there.

Christy

The school it very good overall, there are several educational opportunities to help the students excel. Many of the students are involved in the school events going on. The majority of the teachers are there for you in case you need their help when it comes to the material for the class.

Efrain

I have fallen in love with the campus during my time at the University of Texas at El Paso. The people, be it staff or students, are always willing to help and listen. The overall campus looks clean and fresh. The recent rebuilding of the campus has turned UTEP into a walking campus, enforcing the healthy lifestyle, and introducing healthier and affordable meals. Overall, my experience here has been nothing but positive.

Neda

The University of Texas at El Paso has many opportunities. It has many work-study opportunities, friendly community both from students and teachers, and it's very helpful. The housing in Utep are all so close to the campus itself and they look like nice apartments. The campus is safe and has many outreaches for the students. UTEP is know to have an amazing engineering program as well as a nursing.

UTEP is a great school to attend to especially for the first two years to get yourself accustomed to college life. I do recommend to stay at the University if you are majoring in nursing or geology because those are two strong programs at the University. The campus is gorgeous and the buildings were inspired by the Bhutan culture and the University is very welcoming. There is definitely a strong feeling of different cultures since El Paso is a border city and getting to experience that is the best because you come to learn more about another culture. The teachers are great and so are the advisors all the help you can get at UTEP is readily available to all students.

andrea

its seems like really good school. I would love to be a student there.

Leo

My overall opinion of The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) is a regular college with regular activities, what I mean by "regular activities" is that although they offer a vast variety of event for the community, most of them do not encourage teen/young adults students to go to. I do feel secure in-campus because there is officers around but also there are strong groups that give talks about major events or concerning to students, faculty, and visitors.

Emma

I have not yet experienced UTEP completely. I will start in spring 2020 as a junior. However, when I was there for orientation it seemed very comfortable and safe. All the counselors and teachers I met were very helpful and kind. I had not bad experiences. The food was great too.

Valeria

Overall, UTEP is a good school that is quickly growing in regards to obtaining more areas of study and student population size. There are however, a few areas where I believe students should become more involved, such as greek life, support for school's sports, and creating more academic or extracurricular clubs and organizations.

Renee

UTEP is overall a good school. I do believe that UTEP could use some new professors or take into account the reviews and evaluations of current professors. Although UTEP does have a lot of great professors who truly care about their students. I have had many of these professors. They will always be available to you and will do their best to accommodate your needs. There are tons of friendly people and great places to eat around and on campus.

Esteban

UTEP is a great school, if your intended major is in the engineering field. The engineering program is what lured me to becoming a miner. There are multiple different departments within the college of engineering itself and there are many more outside of engineering as well. Personally, I had the opportunity to go to a more academically ranked university, however it was in my best interest that I followed through with UTEP. It is a great place culture and location wise. If you love engineering, I recommend coming to UTEP to pursue that degree!

Morgan

I think the university is growing at incredible rate and everybody is friendlier than you could ever imagine. The university is open and everyone is willing to help, no matter what the situation or instance. Nobody should feel alienated or bored because the environment is rich with culture, events, and friends.

Maria

It's a pretty good school. I mean it's no ivy league college, but it's good seeing that it's in the middle of the dessert basically. The bathrooms could use a touching up and more updated. The people working there do an excellent job of assisting you when you need it.

Matthew

UTEP deserves more credit than it is often given. It is often looked down upon because of its almost 100% percent acceptance rate, but that's simply because not many people want to stay in El Paso. Consequentially, many people do drop not because of an error in the system, but because of the laziness present in a portion of the students. The curriculum taught is very professional and informative, while not overbearing. UTEP is very well-renowned for its engineering department and does a more than decent job in other fields. My only wish is that more people would appreciate this university, so the demographic of students can shift to be more successful and committed.

Chris

it seems ok so far, there should be more improvements.

Alexandra

It is a great University, wonderful staff and faculty. It is expanding, and creating new projects for students. sdfgkpsjgsjgksjgpjwrpotwpo terkjtwpoityoikweortiyowywjrtyjwpoejrtypejrjtyejtryheotykeotyiejtueyu

Alex

Potential in this school it's a commuter school on aborder town. There is so much diversity and very welcoming people in the city.utep is a place of diverse culture but the city of El Paso hold a culture from many years of rich history dating back to the days of of Chinese migration.

Maria

The university of Texas at El Paso is a great school overall.I think the marching band is great and also the sun bowl is fun every year!I have seen a few play at the diner and they are always great!!I think this is a great school and a very save one aswell

Rogelio

The University of Texas at El Paso is a good school to attend either its starting and transferring or finishing your degree here. The campus is keep safe and cleaned, our own UTEP police offer and escort to your vehicle if you feel it is unsafe. Most of the libraries and the buildings are equipped with some of the newest technology to help the student succeed in getting their desired degree. The library offers many services that can also help us succeed. There is a math and writing center to help us learn more in our classes. Technology support allows the students to rent out equipment as laptops, cameras, etc , they have everything to help us succeed outside the campus. After class the some of the professors will stay after a couple of minutes to answer questions of any sort and they also have their office hours to get even more help if you still have questions. Overall the university doesn't waste money on things we dont need and they use it on things that will help us graduate and succeed in the future. After everything they offer it is all up to the student to do what they must to graduate from college.

Josue

It is a very important part of the North American education system as it allows pretty much anyone to access higher education with its 100% acceptance rate. In that department of people looking for pure education and a career it is a very good school. However, for me and other young students, it lacks an obvious school spirit and an obvious campus culture. For that i recommend it for people who want a quality education, if you want more than that then it might be better to go somewhere else with more of a school spirit and campus culture.

Alejandra

The University of Texas at El Paso has a very great and lively community. Any visitor can obviously see the crowds of students walking towards classes, walking from classes, going out to eat, and just enjoying their time. Aside from great professors who encourage your education, the University also encourages the students to have fun. Minerpalooza, for example, is a live concert with various DJ's hosted on campus after the first week back to school. overall, in my opinion, i believe it is great.

Lesly

Overall, I think The University of Texas at El Paso is a good place to continue or start your education. With the right mindset and the right sources you will go a long way. The university overall does provide the sources that you need and it is very well, structured school.

Emory

The University of Texas at El Paso is a very good school. People misjudge the campus because it's in El Paso and there isn't a lot of things to do in the city, but people have it all wrong. The campus is beautiful, innovative, and a growing community. The people are very nice, thoughtful, and will look out for you. I am definitely excited to see what my future holds here.

Katia

It is a university which offers a lot of opportunities of every type, such us jobs, co-ops, internships, study abroad, investigations, as well as other things. Moreover, it provides everything that a student might need, the campus is huge, the installations are great, it offers a respectful environment and the opportunity to learn about plenty of other cultures different than yours, since it is a university that accepts students from every part of the world, it has a huge diversity. In conclusion, The University of Texas at El Paso is a great opportunity for you to accomplish your goals, meet new people, learn new cultures, and have great time. I am proud to be a miner.

Ruben

I've heard it has one of the best engineering programs sin Ii want to be one it makes sense to go to UTEP. My brother also graduated not so long ago from UTEP and he says he liked the opportunities he was given there to learn everything he needs to be successful in his feld.

Timothy

It’s the most popular college in my city, most of my high schools’ teachers went to UTEP and it is strongly encouraged that most, if not all students go there. It is quite cheap considering how expensive most colleges are and has a high acceptance rate. overall the University of Texas at El Paso is an amazing school.

Aritzy

I think it's a great University that offers wonderful programs for most majors. Personally, it is one of the best in the Engineering department and that is why I chose to stay home. People here in El Paso don't think that UTEP is that great, but students from all over the world come here.