The University of Texas at San Antonio Top Questions

Linda

My classmates are very ethnically and culturally diverse.

Marina

Prior to attending UTSA, I only went to two small private schools. When I came over, I decided that I wanted to see how the large class settings are. To my surprise, I loved the large classes much more than the couple I had that were small and decided to stick to large classes as much I possibly can. That being said, most of my professors did not know my name. In the few small classes that I took, the professors did know my name. Even though I am mostly in large classes, class participation is VERY common! Questions and class discussions are very common in UTSA lecture halls!

Marina

Danequa

Classmates are eager to form study groups and assist others.

Kent

They are a lackadaisical bunch, unpassionate about schoolwork, often times unpunctual, yet, in spite of all that, they are spirited, enduring and caring.

Eamon

The classmates that I have the priveledge of interacting with at my university, are a mix of all races, orientations & personalities. The wide range of culture within my classroom allows me to view issues and topics from a perspective that I would never have thought of viewing it in. Not only that, but interacting with these classmates has taught me a great deal about my own, personal identity, and what makes me as unique as all of the people surrounding me.

Donta

My classmates are wonderful

Mark

Classmates: opportunities for life.

Ana

You will never feel lonely or home sick because they are the nicest and most helpfull people, you will fell at home when you join the roadrunner family.

Charlotte

I don't think anyone would feel out of place at this school. There's something for everyone. Athletics, sororities, fraternities, religious organizations, community service oriented organizations, pretty much organizations for every major! Most students go to class wearing very casual clothes. Tennis shoes, sperries, jeans, athletic shorts, t-shirts....although there are the people who dress up every day. Most of the students are from San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas, and other small towns in Texas.

Katherine

My classmates are approachable and willing to help.

austin

Most of my fellow students are friendly and eager to help.

Alexis

My fellow classmates are laid-back, study hard, and have great school pride.

judy

Classmates are very kind and help each other out when needed by having SI sessions and study groups.

alecia

My classmates, in one sentenes, are intelligent, helpful, kidn, funny, charasmatic; they made the transition betweeen high school and college about as smoothas it can be.

amber

I have many different classmates but for the most part they are quite and seem to want to learn.

Jackie

My classmates usually are on facebook, the ones that aren't are typically engaged in the lecture and arent afraid to ask questions or make comments.

Teshina

Students were diverse in age, ethnicity, race, and income level.

Jabari

The classmates at UTSA are some of the most friendly people on this earth. I feel like I'm at home away from home here and couldnt be any happier to call most of my classmates my friends.

Jordan

Diverse with a conservative LGTB population. A mixed percentage of Africans, Whites, Hispanics, and Asians. I speculate that as long as you're not a total dud, you're guaranteed a spot. The great thing about UTSA is that there aren't that many snotty students. In fact, the students are quite amiable. I've known D average students accepted by UTSA. It doesn't matter, though. Once they see how everyone else is motivated to succeed, they, in turn, will strive to do well. I've met so many great people here, including my professors.

Cynthia

My classmates in the education classes have been very supportive and in group activities everyone seems to work will with one another.

Danna

My classmates here at the University of San Antonio and very polite and seem to respect everyone around them.

JASMINE

Most classmates seem determined in their studies, as well as capable to fulfill their academic goals.

Rod

So far of many colors are my classmates here A rich mixed body of students from every tier Yet in the multitudes there is a floating fear That some wont pass or some may get near To the American Dream that makes men cheer But suddenly real life will bite them in the rear; But there's a gym, a pool, and lots of other gear There's drinking and partying, sex and beer Its all very nice and normal, but there's one thing clear Many that are here won't be around next year.

Christina

My classmates are very nice and helpful, and whenever I have a question I know I can ask them.

Dustin

They are a very diverse group, and also very friendly.

My class mates are very determined and motivated to succeed. Everyone seems to be going in the right direction or turning things around to go in the right direction.

Remi

My college classmates are less motivated than those in high school, since most of them are usually checking their facebooks or emails. Seeing that I went to a small high school, competition was high. I was always motivated to do better than my fellow classmates. However, in college, most of my classmates seem less motivated, which I honestly believe is wrong.

Gabriela

My classmates are worldly, diverse, and are influenced by the rich culture, food, and music scene of San Antonio, the city my university is located in.

Nisha

My classmates are very friendly and helpful to each other.

Mia

My fellow classmates are willing to learn and engage with each other to fulfill the best learning experience possible.

Nicholas

Classmates are dedicated, priority minded, driven to succeed and looking forward to future life and work opportunities.

Shreya

The classmates I attend class with are diverse, and not only accepting of other cultures and religions, but inspired by them. We all learn with each other, and feel that learning together is the best way to learn.

Chuthaporn

They are helpful, respectful, understanding and always willing to learn.

Jena

Some are laid-back, while others are very attentive and involved in discussions.

Eduardo

Classmates at UTSA are always trying to keep up their GPA.

The best way to describe it would probably be very multicultural, becasue there are so many different people with different backgrounds, religions, and ethnicities.

Marisol

My classemates are spontaneous, open-minded and unique human beings who stand up for what they believe in.

Harshad

They are friendly, caring and helpful.

Christina

Everyone has their own lives, but everyone is very nice.

Melissa

Very friendly and everyone helps each other out.

Kynell

Enjoy your time here. Work hard, have fun and you will have a blast

My classmates are very friendly. I just transferred for the Fall 2008 semester, but after the first week, I already had someone to walk with to each class, and someone I could call if I had questions about homework or classwork.

Christina

My classmates are diverse. They are people with many different backgrounds that come together and strive for a common goal. That goal is to succeed in life. They are hear to learn and to enjoy their four years of growth before they go on to become what they want to be. Sometimes you do not notice how different every one is because we coexist so well together and when you do notice you just gain more respect for people from different cultures. These students are people striving to be who they want to be.

Kat

My classmates are typical college students.

Laura

Easy to get along with, very friendly.

quiet.

Aric

They are all friendly

Allison

Most are very nice and willing to help when needed.

Juan

Classmates can be helpful and usually end up being great friends.