The University of Texas at San Antonio

« See more reviews of The University of Texas at San Antonio

What was unique about UTSA is it has changed from a commuter university on the outskirts of town to a major university that is embraced by San Antonio. My time at UTSA had fewer buildings, fewer choices on activities, and fewer parking spaces. UTSA now has many buildings, campus apartments/dormatories, football, and parking garages (although I'm sure there are still fewer parking spaces). Watching this school grow from its roots to what it is today is amazing to watch. My son is about to start in the fall and I'm excited for the changes he'll see.

I would say the fact that it is very diverse and their are many foreign people from all over the world that come to UTSA and introduce their cultures to the unknown. I also like that there are many volunteering programs that can get involved with not only the people at school but also invovled with the world around you. Everyone has a voice to promote their beliefs. I also like that at the beginning of every month we get open mic where if you are a singer writer or whatever you can jump on stage and perform your skit..

I think the unique aspect of UTSA is that students are exposed to so many cultures and types of people with different backgrounds. There's not a sense of division, so the students blend well among one another. This makes the campus very inviting, and gives students an opportunity to broaden their way of thinking and maybe even their view on life. As a student here, I got to meet so many people and make many friends from different parts of USA and even out of country.

It is small enough to get induvidual attention, but big enough that there's always new people to meet and fun stuff to do. It's in the perfect place in San Antonio. It is about 10 from downtown and the river walk and everything you need is no more than a 5 minute drive. There is a gorgeous outdoor mall right down the street. The school is extremely diverse and filled with culture. There's always something interesting and fun going on on-campus.

I can't honestly compare it to another school because I have never been to another college, Im sure that schools in Texas would be different from a school in Boston or Montana. However the people in San Antonio are very friendly and its a pleasant environment, cost of living and groceries is way cheaper here. What I like most of the school however is that the classes are pretty easy to handle if you are willing to put work into it.

The rich heritage in San Antonio is everywhere in the city. There is never a dull moment because there is always something going on downtown or at the 1604 Campus. Events such as First Friday, Oyster Bake, etc. allow students to experience and appreciate the culture of the city. My school is not only extremely diverse, but we are accepting of others differences. I honestly feel that all students feel that sense of belonging.

My school is growing bigger and bigger each year but it still feels like a little town or community. The teachers and advisors are their for you and are very helpful and willing to see you succeed. All of the campus organizations work as one and do a lot of work for each of their philanthropies and help out others not just themselves which i think makes the university unique because it cares about others not just its self.

Compared to other schools I was considering of enrolling in, UTSA was best for me in particular, because it took place in my hometown, with all the people and culture that I hold so dear to my heart. In addition, for me, it's just the right amount of humble, as to not get too cocky from the prestige, but it also has just the right amount of growth as to provide a wide diversuty of majors and an abundancy of knowledge.

The University of Texas @ San Antonio is a great school it isn't too big, but at the same time it's not a tiny college where everyone knows everyone. This school is growing and I love being apart of a great community where the professors and staff actually care about the students. There is always something to do, because of all the programs and the location of the school.

What's unique about my school is the school spirit. Although many other schools have students representing their school, I believe that no other school i considered had more pride than University of Texas in San Antonio. The school spirit shows throughout the cleanliness of the school, to the motivation students pass from one to another!