The University of Texas at San Antonio

« See more reviews of The University of Texas at San Antonio

There really isn't anything bad but myself making my experience here not the best. I have been stressed for the past month now because I am strugling to figure out how I will be paying for housing next month. My parents have helped me out very much but the situation isn't the best however. Other than that, my school is one of the best choices that I have ever made.

The extra fees (why do I have to pay a parking fee when I don't even own a car, why do I get charged a fee for the rec center when I do not use the facility), have to take the core curriculum even after I have declared a major, no place to park, no true campus directory, the buildings are not clearly named, the library is inefficient both in aesthetics and quality.

The worst thing for me has been the unavailability of some classes at times I want to take them and, in some cases, times I have available to take them. Also, I have been assigned to field training at schools that are very inconvenient for me; that is, the ones I have to travel the greatest distances to reach. In addition, there is inadequate parking on campus.

Since it is a smaller school, sometimes it feels that the resources and technologies available are limited. There is a lot of room for improvement, but advancing the school in terms of population may not be the right way to go. The fact that the school is smaller allows for more focused attention on that that a student population should focus on.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the selection of majors. At most public universities you can expect a wide variation of majors. However, my university only allows a certain number of majors, most of them being the most common. If more majors were available, then I believe that a lot more students would be happier.

The worst thing about my school is having to buy a parking pass and how far I will have to drive every day. I understand fees are necessary to keep up the school, but I live 30 minutes away and cannot afford to get an apartment closer. I wish the passes were at least a little cheaper. It's something I can live with, though!

The problem of space seems to jump out at me the most. It is always very crowded and, at certain times, getting parking is impossible. Also, the smoking that is allowed on campus is something that is enjoyed by all the smokers on the campus. When passing between buildings, the ambient smoke makes me feel like I'm choking.

Parking is the worse thing in this school due to the fact that there is such a limited amount of space as well as the sheer distance one must go to park their car. It's bad for both people living on and off campus unless you walk across the street from your home where there is assigned parking at.

The worst thing about my school is its location. We are located on the far North side of San Antonio approximately 20 minutes from downtown. The reason why this is bad is because if we were located closer to downtown our school would be bigger and get more recognition kind of like UT at Austin.

The worst thing is parking! I work all week long, so I take classes very early in the morning, which is the worst time to find parking. Luckily, the University has several shuttles that will pick you up in designated areas and drop you off in front of certain parts of the University.