The University of Texas at San Antonio

« See more reviews of The University of Texas at San Antonio

Anyone unwilling to show effort or interest in furthering their education in earning a degree, it can be a set back for yourself in spending money for college, scholarship and grant funds from sponsers that could've gone to someone in need and willing to complete school. No one should turn to college as an alternative and opprotunity to escaping home and parents. People that feel they aren't 'smart' enough for college but have interest and desire earning a degree shouldn't be discouraged or excluded and should aim for college and pursue getting a degree.

This school is very expensive and very research-oriented, NOT student-oriented. Don't attend if you are unwilling to take on many loans or you are unwilling to learn to TEACH YOURSELF EVERYTHING. Classes consist of 150+ students and there is little YOU from the Prof's perspective; there is only THE CLASS. If you are a bad test-taker (since everything centers around tests, which are easy to grade), or if you WORK (since they inconveniently schedule all classes between 8-6 M-F and offer few online), go to OLLU or ACCD instead. It's better there!

The University of San Antonio is not a school for the apathetic or unmotivated. As with many other institutes of higher education, one cannot afford to be lazy or expect teachers to accept mediocre work. In order to succeed as a student, one must be fully prepared to not scoff or complain of large workloads, boring readings, or unfavorable environments and professors; unfortunately, if you are not prepared to adapt and motivate ones self, attending this university will not be as memorable and favorable an experience as it could and should.

I don't think the type of person anyone can be would be enough to keep you from this school. everyone is very welcome and we have a broad range of cultures and diversity. Unless your very closed minded about the type of people that you should communicate with than maybe you should double think it, but even conservitives feel comfortable, because no one forces you interact outside of class. Your welcomed and encouraged to make new friends, but never to a point of being uncomfortable.

It takes a truelly dedicated student to attend UTSA. It is a growing school, making the classees and professor more difficult and better. If what you look for in a college is to party, go out, and slack off, then UTSA is not the school for you. It takes a true roadrunner to make it through all four years at UTSA. If you are loyal, trust worthy, hard working, smart, and dedicated, you are on you're way to being a roadrunner, if not, dont even look us up.

Anyone who is not accepting of diversity. We celebrate diversity here at UTSA every November and are proud of it. Those who are racist and close-minded will not fully benefit from all the different opportunities to meet new people, network, and grow as a asset to our community. By becoming involved and meeting such diverse students and staff, I feel that I have become much more of a well-rounded person. That is what becoming involved is all about.

Someone who is not serious about their education and lacks determination should not attend this school. If the person is more concerned with partying and having fun every night and weekend then it will most certainly show up in their grades. People with no work ethic and discipline will end up being disappointed in the end. You cannot decide to be serious just when the school year is ending, you have to stay focused all the way through out.

Someone who thinks this is the University of Texas in Austin but located in San Antonio. The schools are very different, and UTSA is very UT Austin's shadow. However, it's not a blowoff school; you can't just skip classes and expect to do fine. If you want to waste four years of your life, don't come here. The tuition is fairly expensive to waste your time. Stick to a community college for that.

Everyone is welcome at the University of Texas at San Antonio. The students of UTSA are comprised of many different cultures, ethnicities, and statuses. Walking across campus will garner no second looks. Whether the tuition rates are more agreeable with you, the location is convenient, your family has a tradition of attending UTSA, or your own unique reason, anyone can enroll at UTSA.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school include students who aren't willing to work hard and study to make the grades or maintain their GPA. Students who aren't open to joining different organizations ang getting there name out there. People who are extremely shy, because there are activities in and out of class that include student interaction and planning.