The University of Texas at San Antonio

« See more reviews of The University of Texas at San Antonio

Students at UTSA generally fall into two categories: The first, students who just don't want to be here. These students had no intentions of attending this college while in high school and ended up here because they couldn't get into their first, second, or eighteenth choice. By default, they ended up at UTSA and aren't happy about it. The second category doesn't mind being here, but generally underachieve. Classes filled with these students end up with 5-10% of registered students showing up to class. Put simply, the students are the most frustrating part of UTSA.

My biggest frustration about this school is the rising cost of tuition and all of the fees. I am aware that my tuition cost is not nearly as high as many other accredited universities, but in the last three years my tuition has jumped by the hundreds of dollars. I started with one part time job until my hours were cut due to our mild economic depression, so I decided to get another part time job. Financial aid has been hard to come across for me because I live at home. This increase in tuition has effected many students.

The most frustrating thing about UTSA is their lack of parking. The school is primarily a commuter college (because they don't have enough room in their dorms to house all their freshman & sophomores) yet they don't have adequate parking available. I pay over $130 each year (the cheapest pass) for parking and the closest I can get is still 10-15 walk from my classes.

I love working at my school. I currenly work at the Tutoring Services at UTSA and I love every single thing about it. I enjoy going in everyday and really interacting with students just like me who need help with certain classes. I feel like i'm really providing a great service to people and it feels amazing when students leave with a smile on their face.

Parking spaces. Although the school is beautiful with the design of its architecture the hassile of finding a parking spot may sometimes cause a student to be late or tardy. Many students park on the surroundings streets around the campus because the number of parking slots available does not accomidate the number of students attending the University.

the most frustrating thing about my school is that I have to commute. I really do enjoy my university. I can't pick out anything frustrating or bad about it. The reason I am applying for scholarships is to try and move to an apartment affiliated with the school this upcoming semseter.

There is no school spirit and very little involvment from the student body. Also the administration is focusing on a football team when they should be concerned with the state of the library and lack of study space around campus. The only minority group represented is Hispanics.

The most frustrating thing about UTSA is that if students want to live off campus and live somewhere affordable, students have to go out of their way to find a place to live. Sometimes living 20 minutes away from the school when before living on campus it was a five minute walk.

Once again the parking would be the most frustrating thing at the school. Also depending on your class and professor the work assignments might be very frustrating. So other than those two things there aren't many other things that are frustrating at the school.

I feel that the school has grown so much and now all the offices of the school are not on the same page. It is very hard to find someone who knows all the answers to your questions. Have a lot of students working in the offices that do not know too much.