The University of Texas at San Antonio

« See more reviews of The University of Texas at San Antonio

Well there are many factors I wished I knew before I went to college. Like the costs, curriculum, people over there, but I believe the most important factor would be knowing about the responsibility one has to take to be successful in college. Everyone I knew that went to college always told me that, "college is blast" or "independency at its best." But no one really stressed on the responsibility or the time management that played a major role in college survival. So my first semester was rude awakening if I only I knew about responsibility in college.

I wish I had understood the size of the school. I was unprepared for the number of students I would be attending classes with. I had more experience, after moving to San Antonio, with the downtown campus and did not know how different in size they actualy were until I started classes. The downtown campus is much smaller with fewer students per class. This size seems to fit me better and there seems to be more older non-traditional students like myself there. I am taking all my classes downtown this semester and I am enjoying that environment very much.

I wish that someone would have explained to me what exactly I can get out of college. What the degree means and the simple fact that I can major in more that one field would have helped me make decisions about what I want to study. I wish I had known what a degree plan is and that some courses overlap saving me money. Also, having known that taking basics at a community college transfers for equal credit and that I didn't have to be in such a hurry to get in and out in four years.

There are many things that I wish I could have known about UTSA. Since I came all the way from Garden City, Kansas, I did not know how the campus was like. Living so far away made it a bit hard to make an appointment for a campus visit. However, I should not have thought about that. Now that I am here I wish I could have known how big it was and that I needed a campus visit to get to know all the different places. I did not know it was this big of a university.

I wish that I would have known, or realized really, just how much you have to commit to your classes. In high school they always said that college was hard work; My uncle even used to tell me that college would be a full time job. Until I got my first test grades back, I didn't realize just how much time outside of class I would need to dedicate to my studies.

College requires students to go out of there comfort zone and gain new experiences that one would not recieve in high school. College is what a student makes of it and having fellowship makes it even better. Yes, loneliness may arise at times, however the truth is college allows each individual to gain independence, friends, and embrace one's own individuality.

I don't think that there is anything else I could have known before choosing this school. During the college days that took my place at my high school, the representatives from The University of Texas at San Antonio were extremely helpful in informing students not only about the school itself, but advice on scholarships and other programs.

I wish I had known more about the programs being offered in each college. I should have researched more thoroughly each college and what degrees and programs it had to offer. I also should have talked to the Advising Center to better understand the hours and requirements needed for the degree plans I was interested in.

I wished I would have known a little more about the campus itself. The Orientation did a very good job on showing me the locations of the buildings and were able to come up with ways to remember the names of the buildings as well. I was wanting to know just a little history behind the school itself though.

well the school that i was going to attend wasnt in the options i am going to the art insitute of austin but it wasnt there so i had to choose that one but i got accepted to the art insitute just for the refrence but to answer the question it is going to cost almost 100,000 dollars