The University of Texas at San Antonio

« See more reviews of The University of Texas at San Antonio

The professors at this school tend to genuinely care about their students and their success in and out of the classroom. Not all professors are this way, in fact some are quite the opposite, but there are enough professors here that actually do help in every way they can to merit their acknowledgement. The professors in the Architecture program try to make the design process fun and engaging while focusing on real-world applications. Their efforts have been invaluable in the learning process here, and without them the learning process would have been worthless.

UTSA is a wonderful and diverse campus for students. While it maybe one of the fastest growing universities in San Antonio, UTSA still has an incredible capability to make any student feel welcomed. The adminstration are extremely helpful to the students as they make sure the student's success comes first. The library is a great resource for both students and staff. The professors take the time to make themselves available to help students succeed. It keeps coming back to how UTSA's mission and vision is the student! They care and work for the student.

A very beneficial aspect about UTSA I find is that it offers the CAP program. In other words, after attending UTSA for one year and meeting certain academic requirements, I can automatically get accepted into UT Austin the following year. This encourages students to save money their first of college while getting a rewarding experience in San Antonio. If however I am not able to get into UT, I can stay at a beautiful and rapidly growing four-year university that is located in a city where there are many things to do.

There are many great things about this school, but if I had to name one, I would definitely pick the size of the student population. It's not so big so as to make other students feel overwhelmed and overshadowed by the mass of people on the campus, but it isn't small to the point where you don't get the many different culture submersions you would at a big campus. In my opinion, the number of people here is just right.

The best thing about my school is the faculty and staff. UTSA is located in a safe area, where kids are able to receive a great education, without the fear of bad conditions. The faculty at UTSA are very understanding, and trustworthy. They take their time to really understand what a student needs help with, and works with them at a good pace. The faculty maked sure the student is getting the best education possible.

I consider the friendly environment has a lot to do with why I like it so much. Being so close to the downtown part of San Antonio, the closeness of Six Flags Fiesta, Texas, and having family being close as well is a huge reason why I chose to attend this University. Being able to have everything so close as well is also a plus when it comes to budgeting your money as you pay for school as well

The best thing about UTSA to me is that everyone is really friendly. It makes meeting people extremely easy. The fact that everyone is so friendly also makes it easier to form study groups and to study with strangers. I've gotten a lot of help in my past two years from random people in class. There is rarely a person that would ignore you when you need help with something.

I really enjoy the many cafeterias and food facilities on campus. I like how the campus is big enough to hold all of the students. I like the new dorms on campus, and I like how the teachers are very involved. The best thing on campus is the people you meet. It is fun meeting new people who can help you study, become your friend, and become life long aquaintances.

We are still coming into our own as a large growing university. I would say the best thing about our school is the spirit we have for not only the school itself, but for the student here to succeed. Everyone is usually willing to help others in classes and in social standards. we are very supportive with sports and finally getting a football team next year.

The best thing about my school is that it is well equipped with the latest technology, which makes it easier to have a wide access to resources that are needed to accomplish schoolwork. There's also plenty of areas to study and various activities to participate in. Overall the people are friendly and helpful to regular and new students.