The University of Texas at San Antonio Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas at San Antonio

Mirella

I love UTSA because of all the resources available to all students. If one is struggling academically, there is plenty of help that can be found on campus and if you need help with cooking or workout there are also classes held in the recreation that can help with that as well.

Pablo

The university is great, however at times it can be quiet for example from Friday to Sunday its really quiet. Besides that the classes are reasonable sizes and there always fun organizations to join. There's always some activities that you can for example they sometimes hold gaming tournaments, sports tournaments and etc.

Great school. There are so many ways to get involved, the students of all disciplines are awesome, and the faculty are well-educated. Students enjoy a variety of study areas, and for study breaks we always have events on campus. I enjoy coming to campus every day and would definitely return for graduate school.

Alisha

I love my university! It has so many opportunities to grow and get involved. You get you make your own schedule and as incoming freshman you have a 3-day orientation that gets you exited and ready to be a roadrunner. Now and forever you are a roadrunner!!!

Cecilia

I am a senior at Uplift Summit International and I am currently looking for my perfect fit for the next four years. I have visited many colleges but when I visited UTSA, I completely fell head over heels in love with the campus. The environment of the campus was very different than many universities I have visited. The overall culture, ambiance and life on campus really stuck out to me and made me excited to attend UTSA. I loved my experience touring the campus and I encourage people to visit San Antonio and attend Fiesta Texas at UTSA!

Korrina

It is a great school overall! The campus is not too big, which in my opinion is ideal. The services offered on campus are extremely helpful to my academics. There are many ways to get involved and live a life outside of school. The location is also amazing because San Antonio has so much to offer. I am proud to be a roadrunner!

Donovahn

The University of Texas at San Antonio gives it's students many opportunities to get involved and to excel. When on campus, those attending or visiting will see that the students are ambitious, focused, and heavily involved in organizations. All the while having an enjoyable college experience.

Bercy

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a very unique, diverse, campus. Not only is it located in one of the most beautiful cities in Texas, it's campus is filled with an amazing student body. With many groups and organizations to choose from, there is a place for everybody! Just visiting the campus and seeing so many friendly faces, made me feel so welcomed and I can't wait to be a part of it!

Hunter

My freshman year was spent at the University of Texas at San Antonio. The campus is beautiful and I always felt safe. I went to the gym almost daily because it was amazing. The class sizes were large which made it difficult to have study groups of a reasonable amount of people. All my teachers were there to help me at any time I needed it.

Angie

I feel like UTSA is a great school , it has a family oriented campus feeling and the people really make sure to get everyone involved and try something new. I have always wanted to attend UTSA and I can't wait to begin my journey and build relationships that will last a lifetime.

sophie

Great if you want to stay close to home, however parking is the worst. You need to leave at least two hours before your first class in order to try and find parking. Also it almost feels like its to small for how many people attend this college. Its a friendly campus though and the clubs are nice to beginners.

Reina

I love the campus! I enjoy the various recreational resources I get as a student. Living on campus gives me the easy access to the library and the ability to create several study groups in my facilities study area or conference rooms. I always feel safe in my campus and I love the friendly environment I am surrounded by.

Esmeralda

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a really nice school with a really nice open campus. From what I have seen so far the campus is a good size for everyone, it's big but it's also not too big to the point to where you'd be extremely lost, and if you happen to actually get lost the students and staff are all very friendly​ and open to help.

UT San Antonio is a beautiful campus with amazing students who are always ready to learn. Ive never felt so welcomed in my life. The people are warm, friendly, and encourage success to the fullest. The school has a very hip and laid back atmosphere. the teachers are very caring as well. There also plenty of events to attend and organizations to join

John

UTSA has a very strong and unifying sense of community. There is no club or organization that feels out of reach. Students and faculty alike are approachable and always willing to lend a helping hand. The academic standard is constantly being raised by every college in the university. If anyone is looking for a school where the academics and student life both thrive, UTSA should be at the very top of your preferred list.

Syed

UTSA is a beautiful university. There is a large diversity in classes and organizations. Organizations are easy to find and fit in what you are interested in. The upperclassmen help with professors picking and future classes which help a lot. It is a growing and well-known university, however, the university should get new professors in a few departments could be useful and benefit the students and lecture rooms. Also increase health profession advisors.

Roxanna

I have had the privilege to be a student as both an undergrad and now graduate at UTSA. When I first started at UTSA it was a very small commuter school. Now the school has vastly changed to a bigger University that is diverse in many ways. The main campus has transformed and has a lot to offer to those in undergrad. As a graduate student at the downtown campus, the campus is small and interesting. It does not offer very much but it makes up for its small classes and close student professor relationships.

Erika

It is an amazing school to attend, very diverse with many interesting people. Most professors are really helpful and the campus is nice. There are many activities and groups to join, so you won't feel like there is nothing to do. If you are considering this school, I would encourage you to apply and come and visit the campus.

I think the university of Texas at San Antonio is a great school. I think they try to encourage all students to join as many clubs as possible and to make as many friends. UTSA makes sure students know what and where their resources are. They encourage us to take advantage of all the help.

Sofia

I made the right choice in coming to UTSA but there is always room for improvement. I'm a part of Greek Life and wish it was a bigger deal. Sporting events would be so much fun it we paid attention to more than just football. Parking is probably the most frustrating part of campus but the city of San Antonio itself makes me feel home. On campus there is plenty to always do and off campus there is even more. I absolutely love my school.

Dominique

The university overall is a nice campus and the faculty is very professional and nice. I would recommend this school to any one that is seeking an opinion about this school.

Dijon

I am a freshman who just completed his first semester of college at The University of Texas at San Antonio and I love the campus atmosphere. Everyone on campus is very friendly and welcoming, in addition, the campus is very well knit together. It's easy to make friends with people and come together with individuals to form study groups and there are plenty of places to study, but there are also plenty of places to go have fun and hang out with your friends. Overall, I love the feel of the campus at UTSA and I will definitely be here for the rest of my college career.

Ngocanh

I love it here, there are so many resources at this college given to you for free for you to be able to be successful in all your classes. You can also easily make friends here because everyone is so open and friendly. The college also provides lots of organizations and clubs for a diverse number of people, so you will not feel left out because there is something for everyone.

Alexandra

I love he campus and it’s also been my dream school since I was in the 8th grade. I also love the enivorment and atmosphere of the place. And the people are nice and friendly to everyone on campus. Not only that but there is many of opportunities to do, like going a organization or club. Not matter what day of the week or season, there is always something fun to do on the campus.

Ali

It is a great school that needs to continue to grow larger. The campus is small and it is difficult to get lost which makes finding classes very simple. Also, it has a variety of things to do on campus. The only issue that I have is that it lacks in some major specific clubs and I wish that there were more to get involved in.

Rikcy

Overall it is an amazing campus and area to be at, with tons of stuff to do. Theres always events going on, a game to go to, or something else to do either on or off campus. There is also an amazing greek life for the students that enjoy that. You can't talk about UTSA without mentioning all of the clubs, they have clubs for every major! And if they don't have a club that you want you can start your own fast and easy. UTSA is an amazing campus and experience all around.

Mohannad

I feel like The University of Texas at San Antonio is a very interactive and intellectual school that has a lot of opportunities to be involved through clubs.

Shirlyn

UTSA is an amazing school! Student life is spectacular and I couldn't ask for a better place to learn, grow, and get my degree. I just transferred there, from a community college and thought that adapting to life at a larger university would be hard, but the staff made it easy. The advisors helped with so much and so did my soon to be professors.

Emma

I really enjoy attending school at The University of Texas at San Antonio. There is a great learning atmosphere, and many great opportunities to get involved in and around campus. I never thought that this school would be such a gem, but I am really glad that I am attending it.

Joshua

The school is a very great place to further your education. Hopefully, if i am able to, i will be attending UTSA next fall. The food is great it's very close to home. The diversity is just outstanding. The teachers and just everyone is super friendly.

Javon

I have chosen to attend Utsa because I like the feel that I got on campus. I love the vibe.

Jenna

It's a great university for its location and price. It's constantly growing and improving its facilities, so there is always something new each semester. I have loved going to UTSA, and I am glad for the opportunities that UTSA has provided. I know I wouldn't be where I am today with out it.

isabella

My first impression of UTSA was like, "Wow this place is huge!". Everything is so clean and the people are so nice. I really feel like they are making me a top priority there as a student, the longer I am here the more I love it. Their is basically a club or most sports and anything you could think of. They have over 700 including the (Nicholas Cage Club), and creating a new one is no problem at all. They have many recourses to help a student succeed and become a become successful in their future career and goals, including peer mentorship, and free tutoring sessions. All I have to say is don't look down on UTSA because it is easier to be accept then other big named colleges; going to school at UTSA has been one of my best decisions I've made for myself in my adult life. UTSA gave me endless connections for my future in the growing city of San Antonio.

Jaymee

UTSA was a fun freshman year, although it is hard to choose your classes. UTSA lets freshman get last pick for upcoming sophomore classes, I was on a wait list for 4/5 of my classes. I withdrew and am now attending a community college in the area. However, overall UTSA is fun and the professors challenge you daily.

Noel

My overall opinion of UTSA, it seems like a really good school and it's a great opportunity because I want to serve in the military after college and the ROTC program gives me that opportunity.

Tammy

The University of Texas at San Antonio was a great college. I chose to attend here because San Antonio is my hometown and I had a few friends attending the school with me. I love the location and the people here. The size of the school was perfect for me, and the faculty were all very friendly here.

josue

Great University, I would recommend everyone to go. The school is affordable with great programs in any type of studies.

Victoria

At UTSA everyone functions as family. It is a very welcome and open campus so it feels as if you're stepping into a "city" of sorts with people you can count on. Everyone from enrollment/fiscal services too counseling and advising work generously with you and are there for anything you may need. Safety is their number one priority and yo can tell as the on campus police are always there for your needs! Overall it is very underrated because its a sister school to UT but it's just as great!

Gabriella

UTSA is a big campus with over 25,000 students but it doesn't feel big because a lot of students commute to campus and come twice a week. The campus is a little overpopulated with there not being enough classes for the amount of people who are registering but its manageable. There are not a lot of extra things going on, there aren't a lot of clubs and stuff like that so you'll most likely meet people in class or through other people.

Christian

The University of Texas at San Antonio is overall an average university with an underrated art program. The focus of academics is cyber security, however many people do not know that the art department is nationally accredited which is an unfortunate loss since there could be more funding.

Sherry

The University of Texas at San Antonio is a school I believe I will be very successful. I visited the school initially with my health organization and fell in love with the culture of the school and all it has to offer. My field of study is nursing and I found the curriculum for this degree is created to make me very successful. The campus is very large and the students and environment were very friendly. I enjoyed seeing the different study groups and organizations working together as a team. The tour of the campus was exciting and very thorough. There are many exciting things to do and many organizations to get involved in. I am starting in the fall and looking forward to a very successful first year.

Marjorie

I have nothing but good to say about the university of Texas at San Antonio, i feel like the university allows students to express and be able to participate in community and extracurricular activities. Students are very helpful and the teachers and staff are so helpful. There is always someone there if you need help or get lost along the way. I cant wait to be a roadrunner and get started in my desire major.

Isaiah

It is a very good school and university to attend to. The students are great and greet each other in good ways, the teachers are very respectful and mindful of helping you when you need it. It’s not only the teachers and students, but also the staff, the staff teaches you about the on campus learning experience even if it’s virtually accessible the staff always aims to help you with any questions you might have.

Makayla

Overall I think The University of Texas at San Antonio is an amazing school. The school spirit is such a big thing on campus and it brings such positive energy to all the students. The support given by professors, TA's, and the fellow students is outstanding. The campus is structured in such an easy way to navigate and everything is easy to find. The campus is beautiful which makes it a happy place to be. My professors have taught me so much and they have all been very caring towards their students to make sure everyone is on the path to success. The facility and advisors go way out of their way to also help students and lead them on the correct path.

Kelly

I have always loved this campus since the beginning of my Junior year in High school. I love how united and diverse this college is because it only means there are more opportunities for other young people like me. I'm a proud Mexican with two hard working parents. who have a low income, with that UTSA is very understanding and helps those in need.

Jacob

Awesome college willing to help with anything need. Counselors are always wiling to help and great atmosphere for people. Teachers are willing to help at anytime and very good resource for students to use on campus like library, computer labs, and tutors.

Rheanna

I’m beyond thrilled to be attending the University of Texas at San Antonio this coming fall. UTSA has an outstanding environment that is inviting towards everyone. With every corner you turn, you will always be welcomed by a warm smile that will make your day.

Jaqueline

I love this place. It is very diverse and amazing and there are lots of things to do. I dont think I would have gone some where else simply because it is great.

Jaime

Although I only went for a campus visit, I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere of the university. The housing was great on-campus, and I gave 4 stars for off because I just feel it be better to be on-campus so that way you are more involved in the activities of the campus. The food was to die for! This was almost my favorite part of the day had it not been for the visit I took to around their beautiful campus grounds. Finally, the academics only amazed me as current students and professors explained how life was for a student and how there were many opportunities to be involved in the relatively small class sizes!

Jabari

UTSA is a very welcoming school that has a lot to offer to each and every student on campus. Beautiful campus with tons of hands on activity for learning and social building.