The University of Texas at San Antonio Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for The University of Texas at San Antonio

Erika

Its a good school with plenty of diversity and great academics. Not only are the teachers extremely credible, but they are also there after class hours ready to help anyone in need. The campus is very nice and the lunch setting is convenient. I appreciate the detail put into the establishments.

Alicia

UTSA is a fast growing school. It's reputation, academics, sports involvement, infrastructure, and funding have all increased dramatically since 2014. The professors are hit or miss, but that seems to be the case at most schools. Overall a decent education with moderate school spirit and student life.

Jerae

I love UTSA it’s an amazing school with many opportunities to advance and grow. They have a great atmosphere and social/educational dynamic. I would definitely recommend going there. They have a great student body represented there and are very active in voting as well as in providing educational resources for the students to receive help in their studies.

Selina

This is a very good school but the only thing I would change is the food price we are students we are trying to learn not to go broke. The fees they are outrageous to let us pick what we want.

Damaris

I am a student planning on attending this university for the Fall 2019 term and when I took the campus tour, I fell completely in love. Not only did the environment make me feel safe, but the school offers its’ students plenty of opportunities to get involved or entertained outside of class.

I believe that it has a very nice atmosphere. Everyone feels together as we embark on our college journey. There is so much to do on campus and around. Sports is pretty big around here too. We try not to miss football fames because that’s where everyone usually is on game day.

Elise

My time at the University of Texas San Antonio was perhaps a bit different than most because I was a music major. Most of my classes were smaller and took place in the music building, with the exception of the occasional core classes. While I believe their music program is lacking in many areas, the school itself does have some charm. The recreation center is amazing, they have some decent food options, and the school is located in a great area of San Antonio. Side note- San Antonio itself is a wonderful city to live in. I can't speak to the sports-related events because I never really attended any, but the football team has gained a lot of momentum over the years, and the school itself is growing rapidly as they continue to build on and off campus. Any time I have visited since graduating, they've been working on new apartments, restaurants, parking garages, and other buildings. I would recommend living in one of the many off-campus apartments, because they are much better than the dorms and have shuttle services that bring you right to the school. My overall opinion is that UTSA is a decent school, depending on what your major is. I wouldn't recommend going there to study music, but business, science, psychology, nursing, engineering, or other majors of that variety, would be great options.

Brandon

The University is good overall. There are plenty of groups or clubs you can join to get involved on campus and make new friends. The school offers lots of help with academics, having multiple options for tutoring in various classes. The on campus housing is decent, but could definitely be improved.

Charlette

I attended The University of Texas at San Antonio because I was offered to run for their cross-country and track programs as a scholarship athlete. I was not thrilled to attend this school at first because it was small, but the scholarship was enough to draw me. Over my four years at this campus I saw it grow tremendously. The campus expanded its land, built 3 new buildings in my time there, and is currently working on new football and training facilities off campus. I saw new professors come into my department who new knowledge and research opportunities for students to get involved with. I am immensely grateful for my time at UTSA and the opportunities it has given me and my fellow alum. I would recommend this university to everyone, as it is continuing to grow. I cannot imagine the opportunities students will have at their fingertips in the coming years.

Bryon

The university is wonderful. It binds well with the culture of San Antonio and its students. Many of my former teachers attended the school and have shared many stories about their time and how wonderful it is. The school has always been a dream of mine to attend since the first visit I made in the fifth grade. I love the atmosphere among many other things. Go Roadrunners!