The University of Texas at Tyler Top Questions

Classes were tough.

I wish that I had know more about computers. Im computer iliterate someimes and learning my way around the website was difficult.

Callie

A new computer system was implemented in the summer of 2009 and it has its problems. Access to records and grades is impossible and very frustrating. I attended Sam Houston State University for one year prior and accessing grades, transcripts, etc was extremely user friendly.

I wish I would have known what to expect in the college class experiance. My high school really did not prepair the students for such a drastic change in grading and test taking stratagies.

cody

I wish I would have known how much the high school scholarships would have helped me, I would have put more emphasize on getting those.

Dear Prospective Students, Learn about the schools you wish to attend by visting and planning an overnight visit with a freshmen student. Currently enrolled students provide great insight about the school and the organzations. If you do not have time to stay the night, ask questions if there is a student question and answer session. Learning about the current students will greatly enhance your knowlege about a school and something I wish I had pursued.

I wish I had known that you're pretty much on your own when it comes to figuring out where to go for what. The staff, in general, hasn't been entirely helpful and there's not really a central place to go to find out general information (which would be so helpful).

i learned what i needed to learn as i lived my day to day life

Where the library was

the severity of conservative feelings within the school and the surrounding area

I wish I had known how easy it was to live on campus, and how dead it is on the weekends.

Rena

I wish I had known there were more classes to be taken over the internet.

I am not sure

Meagan

I can not think of anything that I wish I would have known prior to coming to my school.

Shawn

More about the faculty and opportunities available.

That there really isn't a very active student life.