San Antonio, TX
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

Caitlin

The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is an excellent school for anyone interested in a healthcare profession. The facilities offer high-quality simulation labs and knowledgeable professors. UTHSCSA is also smack dab in the middle of multiple hospitals, which are excellent teaching hospitals during clinicals.

Anita

This is such a wonderful university! I have completed my undergraduate degree from this university and have returned to pursue my graduate degree! The professors and the curriculum is designed for your success in the work filed and the facilities offered is beyond exceptional. Everyone at this university from peers to student life are here for the students' success.

KARLA

I have just been accepted to UTHSCSA and I've visited the campus many times. I can honestly say that the staff there is incredibly help and wants all their students to do well in school. The campus is very clean and quiet. It's the perfect place to study. The students are also very helpful and there is a lot of mentoring and tutoring going on from what I've heard. Everyone treats each other like family.

Well known dental school.

Well known dental school.

There are many things I would tell my high school senior self if I could back in time. Primarily I would implore myself to not let fear hold me back and to nurture college friendships. I chose my school mostly because many of my high school friends would be attending it. It is a great school, but since I was a little girl I have had an intensely strong desire to experience living in a different part of the country. I fantasized all the time about living in Boston or New York City. And in fact, I was accepted to both Boston University and New York University, but instead I chose to stay in my home state, partly due to fear and partly because I thought staying with my high school friends would be fun. Today, I only talk to one of those high school friends and every day I still think about living in a different state. Also, while I excelled academically, I did not venture out enough to make new connections, and as a result, college has been a lot less fun and enriching than it could have been for me. Connections and new experiences are so important.

That the program was still being figured out.

I am absoluetly in love with the professors! This past semester I would have considered some of them my friends. For example, my learning and behavior prof sat with me during her office hours and just let me vent to her. We share a common background, and we clicked. It was a little weird in the class room because she would turn off "friend mode" and go in to "teacher mode" and then switch right back after class was over. All of the professors are extremely approachable and willing to bend over backwards for you. They are great!

I would definately tell myself to keep my nose clean and focus on school. I would pound into my eighteen year old self that it is not cool to be the messed up one in the corner at a party. I would make sure that I felt good enough about myself that I realized I didn't need a man to make me feel good, but at the same time say being a housewife is more fun than I initially thought it would be.

I love the fact that there is greenery all around campus. When I attended University of North Texas right after high school, there was very little grass to sit on and read. I know it's the college cliche to "read and hang out in the quad". When you are in a dorm that is practically sterilized, its nice to have a place to go and get a little dirty.

Robin

Geered towards educating caring and compitent nurses or other medical professionals.

Staff members really care about the students and their success.

Choosing a career and taking a direct path towards you future doesn't mean that you must forever stay on that specific path. In-fact, starting out young allows you more oppertunities for change. It improves your own personal growth. Provides transendence in ways never imagined through education. The bottom line is, it will ensure a more prosperous, and fulfilled life. Allievating the should have, could have, would have momemts, and instead creates the Ah Ha moments, feelings of inner peace, and certain success. Rember you can be anything you choose to be and an education will give ten fold the oppertunies you would have otherwise. Any one can do it regardless of difficult past learning experiences or any other barriers. Thsi is what America was founded upon - endless oppertunity for all!

Sara

Research your school. Go talk to them and take a tour so it is not so scarey your first day of class. Get to know the financial aid office. They no all the trick and websites to get scholarships. Start early on them. and do the FAFSA. Don't wait for the last minute. There is alot of money out there that no wone applies for because they don't want to write a paper. Don't be scared of it. HAve someone be your cheerleader. When you are tired after a all nighter and you want to quit have someone where to give you encouragement to finish. I saved a voice mail of my father telling me he was really proud of me going back to school and he loved me. It got me through alot of fustrating moments. Don't be afraid to take out a loan. You can transfer it to a low interest cresit card after the 6 month grace period after you graduate. It will be the difference between 7 % and 18%. Everyone is broke while they are in school. The degree will pay off in the end.

The web site is kind of difficult to understand. There are so many tabs and links it gets confusing. It is hard to find answers to some questions. I hand to call the school or email someone to get any answers.

All of the paper work and fees. They nickel and dime you to death. Application fees, background check and finger printing fees, and parking fees. They sent me a email to go get my ID card and parking pass but when I got there they told me they weren't giving them out yet, so I stood in line for nothing and still had to pay for parking. And it is a long walk from the parking lot to the building.

The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.