Odessa, TX
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Texas of the Permian Basin

MiAsia

Honestly, I'm loving it here! I don't think I can see myself anyone else. I'm in a sorority (RUSH THETA ETA) and I love it! The classes aren't too bad and CAB & Student Senate make events on campus which makes being 4 hours away from home bearable!

Georgia

The students at my school come from very different backgrounds and have many different stories about how they ended up here.

I wish someone had told me to get to know my professors and let them get to know me.

Overall, UTPB is a good school. I have enjoyed most of the teachers that I have had and I believe that the campus is pretty. I have not had the opportunity to take advantage of everything available to students as I do not live on campus.

Mikayla

I've only been taking class here for a few weeks, and I love it! The online courses are challenging but fulfilling (I'm doing the Finish@UT accelerated Humanities program), the professors are knowledgeable, and everything is great.

All my fellow students are online students, but from communicating with them, they seem intelligent and well-versed.

Challenging, but condensed well.

nathan

I know this is your senior year so you want to make it fun, but you need to get ready for college as soon as possible. Do not procrastinate and leave all the boring registration and grueling paperwork for the last two weeks of summer. Have fun, but do not forget your responsibilities. With that said, do not worry too much about the transition about living on your own. Once you are at school everything will kind of fall into place if you dont slack off.

The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an exemplary college because it provides a challenging learning environment at only the fraction of the price of large colleges.

One thing that UTPB that would be better is its surrounding community. Driving in Odessa is more deangerous than in an average city, and there are frequent automobile incidents.

Daphne

I would like to give young me, college advice. My advice covers goals, credit hours, financial aid and studying. Have a goal, and if you change your major, get advice on how it will alter credit hours and finances. I regret switching majors, because I‘m a senior in credit hours, but sophomore in my program. If you are going part time, pay attention to semesters needed for your degree. Free grants only last a set amount of semesters, regardless degree completion. I’m attending for a BSN-RN and have credits that don’t apply to my degree or a second major/minor. I will need creative financing during the last two years of my education. Next, you need to study diligently and know what your instructor expects. This is easily done by getting your materials before classes starts. Read the syllabus, many times, and complete everything on it. Start assignments early, take good notes, and study everyday. While cramming may work for short-term memory, studying repetitively helps information last. Advising and many study options are available; use them! In conclusion, to succeed in college; be goal oriented, aware of financial aid, credit hours and study well.

Kristin

Focus more on schooling than on working. Having two jobs is great for money but your studying really suffers for it. Working hard at school is still working hard.

The worst thing is all the paperwork. Whenever you have to do anything you have to run to like three different places before anything gets done

I brag about how awesome the professors are and how willing they are to help you achieve your goals.

Now that I look back the number one thing I would tell myself would be to enjoy your youth. Enjoy the last few years of truely carefree fun. Enjoy and treasure the moments with your friends because you will all go off and become different people in the best way possible, but these differences will end with each of you taking a different path in life. I would advice myself to enjoy the time with my family because it would rapidly change and sometimes I still long for the simplicty that existed at that age. I would advice that my highschool self be more outgoing and not so resereved because I missed out on some amazing relationships. I would also say not to dwell on the pain that some selfish people caused because down the road I would meet some awesomley fierce people and that pain would make our relationships so much stronger. I think most of all I would want myself to know that it doesn't hurt to just stop and enjoy the world every single day and that everything will be okay. The world is a beautiful place and the sooner I realized it, the better.

This is actually my first semester at this college but everyone I've been in contact with has been incredably friendly and helpful.

Desiree

Originally, I had taken a full year of college in highschool & am proud of this accomplishment. I have also had a part time job since i was 17 so I would also keep myself from focusing on a job & focus on school & my sport. Other than that I don't know, I do not regret anything because it has made me the person I am today, I am very proud of myself & have never gone stray of all my future goals in mind. I have always been self motivated & that has not changed yet.

Certain teachers reputations, the toughness of certain teachers.

The kind of person that should not attend this school from my experience would be one who likes to party, procrastinate, & cheat. This University does not allows any of these things. I have known some people with one or all of these qualities & only lasted one semester.

The University of Texas of the Permian Basin administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.